First Grow! Lets Go!

The70’s

Ok, here it goes, just put my seeds in soil, gave em a little shot of water, and here we go. In the next week of germinating im gonna work on raising the humidity, its at 40%. I m trying a bowl of water by the inlet vent to see what happens over night, if its not significant i’ll get a little humidifier. Lites are about 115watts 24/7 @3ish/feet
(2) GG4 (2) Punch Cake

4x4 with about 460watts potential. I have em rigged to a timer and a watt meter.
1651812375696.jpeg

:popcorn::ciao:

Mind if I join along? Nice looking setup BTW.

Lites are about 115watts 24/7 @3ish/feet
Do the lights have a dimmer switch? If they do, bring them down and turn it down as much as possible to save energy?
its living soil, i did 4:1 soil to worm castings and added 444 all purpose.
Nice! I am a soil grower too. What kind of all-purpose do you use? Granular slow-release? Liquid nutes? Organics?

Looking forward to seeing how these progress for you.

:popcorn::ciao:

Mind if I join along? Nice looking setup BTW.

Do the lights have a dimmer switch? If they do, bring them down and turn it down as much as possible to save energy?

Nice! I am a soil grower too. What kind of all-purpose do you use? Granular slow-release? Liquid nutes? Organics?

Looking forward to seeing how these progress for you.
@BakedARea gaia green slow release dry organic. Im not rich, and im not being sarcastic Lol, but if cost wasnt a factor would you still lower the lights until they sprout, thanx for following :0)

Thanx for the compliment !!

@BakedARea gaia green slow release dry organic.
Ooooo!!! Good stuff! I have been wanting to try that for a while now. So you're in Canada then I am assuming?
Im not rich, and im not being sarcastic Lol, but if cost wasnt a factor would you still lower the lights until they sprout, thanx for following :0)
Nah, don't worry about it if you don't need to. Some folks get hammered by power/electrical utility companies. I am one of those unlucky folks. I try to save every bit of energy I can to avoid paying them as much as they demand!

Ooooo!!! Good stuff! I have been wanting to try that for a while now. So you're in Canada then I am assuming?

Nah, don't worry about it if you don't need to. Some folks get hammered by power/electrical utility companies. I am one of those unlucky folks. I try to save every bit of energy I can to avoid paying them as much as they demand!
They are selling it in the states now :0)
I watched a thousand utube videos before i found this guy, he has very simple grows, my thought is get a few grows using his method, and if it works for me, i’ll keep going with it, and maybe change it up to suit my needs.

I cant believe i finally have seeds going, my guess next friday they should be waking up :0)

They are selling it in the states now :0)
Oh really?!? Good to know. I'll have to look around and see if I can get it from my local shops.
I watched a thousand utube videos before i found this guy,
Mr Canuck Grows ? That's where I first learned about the Gaia green products. Their soil looks amazing too!

@BakedARea Yup, i find his last four or so grows so simple, and straight forward, matter of fact its all i watch when i use my elliptical Lol, the 30+ minute videos are perfect hahaha
Yeah, I really appreciate his approach and energy. I wish I had a fraction of the energy needed to grow as much as he does AND workout. Haaa haaa.
I wasnt sure if we could mention yuotube people or not…
As long as you don't create hyperlinks.

I have been reading about VPD. Like all things, there are folks who could care less and folk that do care, one not wholly better than another.

This is my take away after a lot of reading, til i got sick of reading hahaha.

Its real, period! If its within my ability to create an atmosphere conducive to better health for my plants and NOT try to do it perfect, cause the notion of “perfection” is evil, i’ll work it into the fold, so thats it.

Dialing in my humidity for the first couple weeks once the girls poke through, im using an AC Infinity T4 with the controler. I also have a regular small humidifier coolmist.

Im seeing what the humidity gets up to with no fan. Once i see how high it gets i can set an Auto On/Off cycle with a target humidity, Temp is a solid 73°

Any thoughts…

To control humidity cycling on and off works best for my seedling phase. What will be nice is my basement is 40% humidity and 68°, i can set the T4 to 1 or 2 and that will be a great place to start.
Setting the tent up and learning its ups and downs has proven valuable, instead of worrying while my plants suffer my learning curve

I am particularly focused on VPD as a grower. I feel it is important and useful to help dial things in and have one less variable as a potential problem. Here's a useful website link I use.

VPD Chart

Curious what your settings are on your AC Infinity controller. It can be a fickle controller..also, how are controlling the RH of the humidifier? Does it have a build in sensor? Or a manual dial type?

1652175782543.jpeg

Well im a proud Father again, my very first sprout !!!!

Im in the throws of humidity right now, i tried AC Infinity’s method, but im gonna do some experimenting as long as its high enough fluctuations shouldn’t be an issue.
My humidifier has hi and lo only, im using high and leaving my fan on all the time now (setting 1 )so the tent gets constant air exchange but at the threshold of 70%. I may end up just doing an on and off cycle to give me a desired hi and lo of my own, i cant tell ya what it is could im still playing around with it.
Just gave the girls a couple Tbs of PH’d water, now back to the settings.

The T4 controler app is freakin awesome it gives all the info graph style humidity temp and VPD, only thing it cant give is leaf temp

Back
Top Bottom