First Grow! Nirvana Papaya - LED - Soil

A few pics of my papaya last night
420-magazine-mobile162615550.jpg
420-magazine-mobile731058478.jpg
420-magazine-mobile737928192.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

First nutes feeding last night and came down to see her growth this morning starting to accelarate.

Could use some help on this item though - the pH bottle and drop test said the pH of the water + nutrients was incredibly low, like 4. But testing runoff was ~6. Should I get some pH up for the nutrient feeds?

420-magazine-mobile1297020952.jpg

First time growing this beautiful girl, Second grow ever with no gardening experience at all.. I fill cups almost full. A. Cause once you water the soil will settle some. B. Cause thats not there permanent home. Makes it easier to transplant and gives your Girls room to stretch there legs.

First time growing this beautiful girl, Second grow ever with no gardening experience at all.. I fill cups almost full. A. Cause once you water the soil will settle some. B. Cause thats not there permanent home. Makes it easier to transplant and gives your Girls room to stretch there legs.

Thx for the advice. I read something where too much soil in a solo made it harder to water them as frequently as you should aka less soil = dries out faster so more 'cycles' of wet/dry which is good for young roots.

I need some planting bags so bad. It's crazy how much different plants look in these compared to regular pots

I need some planting bags so bad. It's crazy how much different plants look in these compared to regular pots

Might mean more frequent watering, but all for healthier roots! Maybe if I mixed in perlite or something to help soil drain better then I wouldn't have used fabric pots, but figured these were more "beginner proof" from me giving the plants too much love (aka water)

I do have two dopey leaves (I think the first set of leaves), you can see one closest to the camera. They are droopy but were hitting the sides of the solo which is why I potted up, but given my root structure I was a couple days late potting up anyways.

I'm not sure when is the best time to transplant. I try to replant before the roots get all balled up in the bottom of the cup. Fabric pots seem to grow bigger plants and dry out faster. Which means more frequent watering, is good in my opinion.

Day 22: Anyone want to help me diagnose what's going on with those bottom leaves? They are always droopy like this, but only those bottom leaves that I think were the first set of real leaves.

Just moved over from solo to 5 gal smartpot, but they were already looking like this.

420-magazine-mobile242375389.jpg

The lil experience I have,, mine do that also. Was wondering myself what the problem was. Think mine stand up after watering, next day laying down again. I'll post pics when I get off.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

I don't have any experience whatsoever other than this grow and mine did the same thing. The higher leaves have always stayed healthy though

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Day 22: Anyone want to help me diagnose what's going on with those bottom leaves? They are always droopy like this, but only those bottom leaves that I think were the first set of real leaves.

Don't worry too much about those first couple sets of leaves. They will eventually die off from lack of sufficient light. The top growth looks great.

/Obi

Don't worry too much about those first couple sets of leaves. They will eventually die off from lack of sufficient light. The top growth looks great.

/Obi
Appreciate the input. Wasn't really sweating it, but figured I'd ask. The plant is pretty stubby - should I get the light a little further away so I can promote some stretching for LST?

Back
Top Bottom