Nirvana's Papaya 125 W

If you have 50 extra dollars to spare you should get a 4" odor sok man. They eliminate 99% of any odor problems you might be having and you can toss them in the wash to reactivate em. Sorry lol I sound like an advertisement but I was just really happy with how well mine worked.

Yeah thoose are great, but to be able to use them you need more than just a computerfan. I had a good fan before, but I sold it along with my HPS. The reason im using CFLs is because I want a stealth grow as possible. Im sleeping in the same room as my closet, got insomnia issues so a loud fan would not be that helpful. Do you use your odor sock with a computer fan? In that case, im very very intrested man!

If i where you I would go to home depot and buy the following:

- 4" inline duct fan (found in the duct work isle)
- an extension cord that has a male end and then a end with a black white and green cord coming out of it (found near lighting where all the normal cords are)
- a light switch that has a dimmer on it (they normally will have a knob you turn or a knob you push up or down)
- wire nuts (the smallest size which are blue)
- electrical tape

1. Wire the fan to the output on the light switch with wire nuts and top off with electrical tape.
2. Wire the extension cord to the input on the light switch with wire nuts and top off with electrical tape.

Okay so after you do all that you can use the light switch to run the fan at a lower speed. Meaning you can turn the fan down until there isn't much noise at all. The 4" inline duct fan runs at 82 cfm and you typically will turn the fan speed down to about 50% which will give you a cfm of 41. That should be more than enough for your small grow space and will allow you to run a carbon filter with no noise and no smell!

If i where you I would go to home depot and buy the following:

- 4" inline duct fan (found in the duct work isle)
- an extension cord that has a male end and then a end with a black white and green cord coming out of it (found near lighting where all the normal cords are)
- a light switch that has a dimmer on it (they normally will have a knob you turn or a knob you push up or down)
- wire nuts (the smallest size which are blue)
- electrical tape

1. Wire the fan to the output on the light switch with wire nuts and top off with electrical tape.
2. Wire the extension cord to the input on the light switch with wire nuts and top off with electrical tape.

Okay so after you do all that you can use the light switch to run the fan at a lower speed. Meaning you can turn the fan down until there isn't much noise at all. The 4" inline duct fan runs at 82 cfm and you typically will turn the fan speed down to about 50% which will give you a cfm of 41. That should be more than enough for your small grow space and will allow you to run a carbon filter with no noise and no smell!

Im not living in the US, im in Sweden man :) But I know what you mean, and I can get the stuff here too. Thanks anyway, will take a look at this again when i get my paycheck.

Oh sorry man I just assumed it was a world wide chain. They have them here in Canada and Ive heard of em in China and stuff. Man your missing out there is nothing like getting stoned and going to home depot lol.... it's one of my favorite pastimes.

Update.

Read about trimming the lower sections of the plant would increase the final yield, because it will focus more on the top and medium size buds instead of making many small not so strong buds. Trimmed them yesterday, and it seems to work! Noticed while trimming them that one of the plant is weird, and im considering throwing it out of the closet.

Trim virginity lost

asdasasdasdasdasddas_39.jpg

Above them

asdasasdasdasdasddas_40.jpg

Biggest

asdasasdasdasdasddas_41.jpg

The one im considerng throwing out because of its deformations. Should I get rid of it you think? Its been weird since it was one week old.

As a probable complete coicidence, I have some Nirvana Ice seeds, and one of them made some REALLY strange leaves. It's kind of like 1/2 of the leaf is stunted, but the other half (on the other side of the main vein) grows fine, so the leaves curl sideways because 1/2 of the leaf isn't growing.

As I said.... probable coincidence, but perhaps worth noting. Perhaps Nirvana has a fly in their ointment.

Cheers

Ah let it grow up into something, some I have that are twisted and weirded out have turned into some good buds later down the lighting road.
How far away are your lights from the plants?

Okay guys, I will keep them plant :)

Cherma: About 5 CM from the tallest and like 10 - 15 cm from the lower girls.

Nudeh, Very nice grow. I also got some Papaya seeds from Nirvana. From the start they were different from the others weird leaf growth and check out my papaya1 it split from the starting and I have a 2 in one going. Not sure if its a defect, this is my first grow but this plant is not even close to the rest and it has not been normal from the sprout. Great Journal.

First Timer, Any Suggestions?

As I came home from work this morning, I noticed that the "freak" plant were covering the lower plants. And since the "freak" has no signs of fast budproduction, she is now officialy slaughtered. Yield-wise I think the decition was good. Dont have any fresh pictures atm, but perhaps there will be tonight or tomorrow. Better get to sleep now, kinda tired.

I wish you all a good weekend!

Man thats the worst having to cut down a plant. Oh well though good luck with your other three. Luckily all my papaya plants look good so far.

Sorry to hear about the death in you family. Hopefully for the best. Keep up the good work...

Back
Top Bottom