First Outdoor Grow

Nice patch job on the break, I hope she heals up nicely. I am noticing some yellowing on lower leaves, I am really not certain, but it looks like a slight nitrogen deficiency to me. Maybe some more experienced guys/gals can chime in on this.

I know, yeah its nitrogen deficienty, but its not major, and have decided not to give it any fertelizing:)

will do in future grows but my first will be all modern nature so i can see the difrence between with and without nuts, if i did it the opposet way it would not be that much fun:) + i need to know what i will use, what i have no plans of learning yet

OK, that's a course of action that will yield you something. Do you have any extra soil left over?

No but i think the dominant indica plant is a male and if that is the case i do, why u asking?

In nature, the soil provides the bulk of a plants needs, when a plant is in the ground it is getting nutrients from the soil. When we grow in containers we are committing to babysitting for mother nature or whatever you want to refer to it as. By that commitment, we must provede the necessary nutrition that the plant is unable to receive...cuz it's in a pot. Soil gets depleted of nutrients....period. One technique that we use is to "top dress" the pot with fresh soil......soil that is still nutrient filled....these nutrients leach out of the topdressing and provide nutrients to a lesser extent........a soil that would carry a plant from seed or cut to harvest...well, the jury is out on that subject and is becoming a trend so to speak, with tons of research being done. It's a huge request to ask a soil to do that, and if you're not going to fertilize...you could top dress and that would help the plant........other than some form of amendment, a plant will never come close to it's potential, and if you don't give the plant what it requires, you will most likely have a very unhappy plant. When plants are deprived of adequate nutrition a lot of things happen. The natural defenses of the plant against disease and insects falls exponentially, the plant is no longer able to defend itself properly, weakened plants ATTRACT insects and disease. I just want you to have an idea of what to expect..........MY goals are achieved by the amount of control I have going on in my boxes....LOL.....and sometimes even with me controlling light, water, soil and nutrition I feel like I have none!

will do in future grows but my first will be all mother nature so i can see the difrence between with and without nuts, if i did it the opposet way it would not be that much fun:) + i need to know what i will use, what i have no plans of learning yet

To each there own but I highly recommend using nutes, the difference is huge. Even if you want to keep it organic you can make "tea" to feed them. I use Fox Farms because its all I can get around here other than Miracle grow which I dont like but have used. So I dont know a lot about the tea but a little research could find something quick Im sure.

In nature, the soil provides the bulk of a plants needs, when a plant is in the ground it is getting nutrients from the soil. When we grow in containers we are committing to babysitting for mother nature or whatever you want to refer to it as. By that commitment, we must provede the necessary nutrition that the plant is unable to receive...cuz it's in a pot. Soil gets depleted of nutrients....period. One technique that we use is to "top dress" the pot with fresh soil......soil that is still nutrient filled....these nutrients leach out of the topdressing and provide nutrients to a lesser extent........a soil that would carry a plant from seed or cut to harvest...well, the jury is out on that subject and is becoming a trend so to speak, with tons of research being done. It's a huge request to ask a soil to do that, and if you're not going to fertilize...you could top dress and that would help the plant........other than some form of amendment, a plant will never come close to it's potential, and if you don't give the plant what it requires, you will most likely have a very unhappy plant. When plants are deprived of adequate nutrition a lot of things happen. The natural defenses of the plant against disease and insects falls exponentially, the plant is no longer able to defend itself properly, weakened plants ATTRACT insects and disease. I just want you to have an idea of what to expect..........MY goals are achieved by the amount of control I have going on in my boxes....LOL.....and sometimes even with me controlling light, water, soil and nutrition I feel like I have none!
Thanks for all your info mcloadie!! But do you think it would help the plant by planting it in the ground? i have thought about doing it but the first plant i sat in the ground got eaten up in 1 day but this one was just a baby.. And if you think this is a better idea then having it inside the pot i will do this straight away! but if i am going to use nutriens it will be for my next grow. Have to read some pages:Namaste:

If you can put it in the ground that would be better, I have seen plants grown in the ground that did pretty well......with 0 ammendments......ya know I kinda snickered when you say is the ground better.....as I sit here looking at my little plants that I slave over for hours and hours...LOL....then I go look at an outdoor plant that's growing outside....it's 12 feet tall and I just started caring for it 3 weeks ago! It had no nutrients for its entire veg period.........I'm pounding the crap out of it with bloom nutrients now...and it will top out at over 14 feet and at least a pound of primo product! As long as you're happy with your program....I'm happy!, and I will learn from you! If you put it in the ground, one thing to consider is how well plants are growing in the area....I mean right where you are considering putting it...this will be an indicator as to how rich that soil is. LOL...as well as light patterns...also taking into account where the light will be as the season progresses. I planted a plant one time...right in a good sunny area.....LOL, well the sun only shown in that spot for a month and the plants grew the rest of their lives in the shade....LOL...I still got a half pound off three! How much more summer do you have?

If you can put it in the ground that would be better, I have seen plants grown in the ground that did pretty well......with 0 ammendments......ya know I kinda snickered when you say is the ground better.....as I sit here looking at my little plants that I slave over for hours and hours...LOL....then I go look at an outdoor plant that's growing outside....it's 12 feet tall and I just started caring for it 3 weeks ago! It had no nutrients for its entire veg period.........I'm pounding the crap out of it with bloom nutrients now...and it will top out at over 14 feet and at least a pound of primo product! As long as you're happy with your program....I'm happy!, and I will learn from you! If you put it in the ground, one thing to consider is how well plants are growing in the area....I mean right where you are considering putting it...this will be an indicator as to how rich that soil is. LOL...as well as light patterns...also taking into account where the light will be as the season progresses. I planted a plant one time...right in a good sunny area.....LOL, well the sun only shown in that spot for a month and the plants grew the rest of their lives in the shade....LOL...I still got a half pound off three! How much more summer do you have?

ahaha, nice. noe its only 7 degrees celcius at night but ive seen people from where im at and they have it to max the end of october orelse its getting too cold:) Then i will go right now and dig myself a nice holde, seeya:)

sooo im done, was sweathing like shit and took me about an hour.. hope this work! i saw my plant was getting worse and worse so i know i had to do something! the soil in the pot was FULLY covered in nice white healthy roots! it was tome to give it some space, its was maybe one of the reasons why it got worse because im not joking, it was compleatly white in the buttom and almost at the sides:) really hope this works out! orelse im blaming you mcloadie:rofl: and im sorry but i forgot my camera/phone

sooo im done, was sweathing like shit and took me about an hour.. hope this work! i saw my plant was getting worse and worse so i know i had to do something! the soil in the pot was FULLY covered in nice white healthy roots! it was tome to give it some space, its was maybe one of the reasons why it got worse because im not joking, it was compleatly white in the buttom and almost at the sides:) really hope this works out! orelse im blaming you mcloadie:rofl: and im sorry but i forgot my camera/phone

Im glad you got it transplanted hopefully not to root bound. I still recommend nutes especially if they are looking sick. Also I noticed pine trees where your babies were this usually means acidic soil if I remember correctly. What I usually do is dig a hole and fill it with a mixture of soil, manure, lime and depending on ph levels other things to help adjust the ph accordingly. Good luck to you.

Im glad you got it transplanted hopefully not to root bound. I still recommend nutes especially if they are looking sick. Also I noticed pine trees where your babies were this usually means acidic soil if I remember correctly. What I usually do is dig a hole and fill it with a mixture of soil, manure, lime and depending on ph levels other things to help adjust the ph accordingly. Good luck to you.
Thank you! but this first grow was more about the learning process than getting the biggest buds. Now i got much more knowledge thanks to you guys!:thanks:

Thank you! but this first grow was more about the learning process than getting the biggest buds. Now i got much more knowledge thanks to you guys!:thanks:

Yeah, you can blame me...LOL, I'm very conservative with other folks plants....my recommendations that is. I'm happy to hear that you're pleased with your root color. You learned a great deal by seeing those roots.........where the bulk of them were......roots don't grow toward water, they grow where water IS. This was a controversial theory among my peers in school and we conducted experiments and proved the theory. When you water outdoors, water in a circle around the perimeter to "coax" the roots out into new soil. If that plants in ground that's usually covered with pine needles you may need to adjust slightly.....wait and see if any adverse symptoms show. Good job!, keep an eye on the soil settling around your transplant and fill in where the watering settles the soil. The plant will soon bond with its surrounding soil!

Hey FOG, nutrients are essential for container growing as mcl said, after a good month or so our plants have sucked up all the pre loaded nutrients that came with the soil, after that you may start seeing some yellowing, I'm seeing that first hand with my little miracle grow plant, with un phd water it was doing awesome for the first month or so, and now that it is running low on its soil nutrients and now the ph may be playing some roles in the yellowing (which is totally acceptable this is what i was shooting for, experimental plant calls for experimental measures). What I want to see with my plant at the end is no leaves but just complete buddage :) We will see if this happens.. Can't wait to see some update pics of your girls new home! :thumb:

:peace: CA

Yeah, you can blame me...LOL, I'm very conservative with other folks plants....my recommendations that is. I'm happy to hear that you're pleased with your root color. You learned a great deal by seeing those roots.........where the bulk of them were......roots don't grow toward water, they grow where water IS. This was a controversial theory among my peers in school and we conducted experiments and proved the theory. When you water outdoors, water in a circle around the perimeter to "coax" the roots out into new soil. If that plants in ground that's usually covered with pine needles you may need to adjust slightly.....wait and see if any adverse symptoms show. Good job!, keep an eye on the soil settling around your transplant and fill in where the watering settles the soil. The plant will soon bond with its surrounding soil!

The best way to get all the resin into your plant after its mature goes like this.

First keep all the roots on the plant. Wash any dirt away or get rid of any hydro stuff. Get a 10 - 15 gallon pot. Ya, one of the big boys and fill it about 1/3 of the way with oil and get that stuff about 350 degrees C. Once up to temperature, take the roots of your pot plant still attached to the plant of coarse, and put them in the hot boiling oil....

Yep, we are going to deep fry your roots. Leave them into boil about 30 - 45 seconds. Take it out, wrap the roots in a towel or something so you don't drip hot oil everywhere. Secure a plastic bag over the oil soaked roots covered by a towel and duck tape the bag to the stock of the plant so oil can not run down the stock when you hang it.

Now, hang the plant from the bag upside down. Over the next few hours the plants oils that are stored in the roots and lower stock will push its self into the rest of the plant as a natural evolution to protect its self.

What we get, is weed that is so resiny that when you smoke a joint you get gew all over your face and hands.

Back
Top Bottom