First Scrog, Zkittzy Gorilla & Alien Gorilla

A swamp cooler is a homemade evaporative air cooler.

Attachments

• swamp.jpg
    swamp.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 121
A swamp cooler is a homemade evaporative air cooler.

I`ve looked at a few different ways of building one of these and they all look great, in the mean time i have found a simpler solution... open the door lol.
Will need to put some ultra fine bug mesh across the doorway but it will do for now :)

I have had the same problems but i found a great solution and it worked, i have the same setup as you and i was hitting those same temps even though i was in cool hoods.

Shorten the pipe down, either cut it or flex some back and tape it, if you have the holes at the top for the extraction pipe then redirect it above and out and the other side the same, buy a cheap 6" extractor fans there around £20/$30-40, put the blowing end on the 1st cool hood pulling air from the cooler side of the room the tent is in.

Doing this method i was sat at 33c even though my system already had a 6" extractor on the very end sucking the hot air through it just needed that helping hand half way through, ended up at 20-23c :).

Thanks higherthehigh, i get what you mean but i have a 6 inch fan pulling air in and another pushing out, i think i know what the main problem is... the grow room isn't in a tent, i used to use one but moved house last year and converted an old garage.
I put up a stud wall between the room and the old metal garage door, my cock up was to think i could intake and outtake from the same cavity letting the door work as a heat sink.
All i am doing is pulling the hot air back into the room.
Hopefully this weekend i will have time to redirect the exhaust up through the roof :rolleyes:

Thankfully we have had some wet and cooler weather here giving the girls some relief, i now have all the materials i need to alter the exhaust up through the roof... now have to make the time to do it :rolleyes:

This is the exhaust and the square above is where it`s going

Even after the heat problems they are still going strong, i`m impressed with the results of the "Hydro" set up so far... they are turning into little monsters considering they have been in for less than a month :)

Zkittzy Gorilla

Alien Gorilla

How old from seed breaking soil is the Zkittles as that growth rate is mega!

Im growing some Sweet Zkittlez from RQS and they were the same so fast at vegging.

Not sure exactly but i think it was about a week, maybe a week and a half after breaking soil that i transfered them to the main pots, so that would make them four or five weeks old

No problem :thumb:

Heat is ok, it`s staying between 25c - 29c , i`m going out in a bit to cut through the mf ceiling i put up ready to cut through the roof tomorrow... fingers crossed this does the job. now i just need to talk the wife into going out with the kids so i can work in peace :rolleyes:

Coming along nicely, I hope venting through your ceiling will help your temps. I did same thing this run, I vented my carbon filter through the ceiling and I can keep temps pretty cool. I also have ac that will kick on if temps get to warm.✌️

Glad i didn`t leave it to tomorrow to prep cutting through the roof, it took longer than i thought lol
Looks really nice BTW. How do you like those Auto Pots? Is that the model for use with fabric pots? Are there any unexpected downsides to using these you can tell us about?

Hi and thanks SlyTown... yes this is the model for fabric pots, i always used the square plastic ones before so this is my first go with the fabric. So far no downsides to report but its early days.

Back
Top Bottom