First Time Grower - 3 Auto Strains

Having trouble with my temps! Seems to be stabalizing at 81. :hmmmm:
One easy solution is bumping my exhaust to 40% power rather than 25%, but that makes the noise a little loud, and I sleep in the same room. At 40%, it keeps a comfy 77. But I would really like another solution if possible. The only reason I got a big fan with a regulator was to keep it running low (almost no noise at 25%). I'm gona have to keep it at 40% until I find a solution for this. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

PS: The plants don't seem to mind 81 degrees at all. But then again, optimal growth would be slowed down a bit so I'm trying to avoid the extra variables.

Im with ya on this one. My temps stay around 81 as well. My babies have taken too this with no apparent effect but im not an expert. For day 10 they look healthy. I had to open my closet door around 4 inches to make the 81 happen. I have plenty of fans going. Keep us updated

I added another 6" fan inside and it's helping a little bit. My temps are in the 79-81 range. The babies seem to like it. Hopefully we'll get some input from an experienced grower to put our minds to ease spring lol.. But anyway, the blueberry stripped today and showed me her private parts haha, we have a confirmed girl:

IMG_122214.JPG

and here's the Trans Siberian posing like she just don't care:
IMG_122312.JPG

I added another 6" fan inside and it's helping a little bit. My temps are in the 79-81 range. The babies seem to like it. Hopefully we'll get some input from an experienced grower to put our minds to ease spring lol.. But anyway, the blueberry stripped today and showed me her private parts haha, we have a confirmed girl:

IMG_122214.JPG

and here's the Trans Siberian posing like she just don't care:
IMG_122312.JPG

How old are they again?

hahaha @ fist full of dollar bills.. I started germinating them around the 24th, and they sprouted on the 26th. Sooo, today would be around day 18 :D, I was surprised to see pistils! I just checked again, and pistils are showing up everywhere on the blueberry (every node + top + side branches).. The plant is tiny though :s.. I'm glad she's flowering, but she's so small, I hope my other plants wait 2 more weeks till they start. I don't want a nug on a stick I want an actual plant lol. Don't get me wrong tho, I'm lovin it!

Man they look good. I know the heat is killing ya but keep trying what you can. I had to tweak the room for several days before I got it managed. Im going for a tent next time. Found some decent prices on E-bay. I can still have heat issues but we shall see.

Yeh, go for a tent man. My only advice with tents is: DO NOT get HID. Just avoid HPS and MH if you're doing a tent because it's a heat trap lol. (btw it's starting to get colder where I live [thank u september lol] so I think my heat problem won't be around for long :) )
Updates: All 3 of the older babies have shown to be girls, it's a little hard to get a photo of the pistils because they're still too small and my camera (iphone) can't seem to know what I'm trying to focus on lol. I'll take some pics once the pistils get a bit bigger. I'm hoping the vegetative growth will continue alongside flowering. So far, the healthiest looking is by far the Trans Siberian. The Autoblueberry is a bit bigger and already started a white top, but the Siberian just looks stronger and more alive than the others. Autoblueberry concerned me with some drooping, but then I noticed some side branches busting out, so I guess in its own way, she made room for the side branches to come out of. She has the thickest and heaviest leaves. Finally, La Diva is kind of a compromise between the spiked up Siberian and heavy droopy Blueberry. She's doing great!
Not much to say about the seedlings, they just look like seedlings lol. I'll update with some pictures in a minute.

Looks real good. Im happy for ya man!

Thank you man, it's cool having you along for the ride Spring. I've been giving my next grow a lot of thought. This first time thing teaches you so much lol! I'm beginning to think that an air cooled HID will be better than 10 CFL's in a tent. These bastards sure give off heat from their ballasts. Speaking of heat, I got my temps back to a 78 :yahoo:
The plants seem to be doing awesome! I don't know if it's the obsessive "checking up on the babies" and all that, but they seem to be growing really fast! More in the leaves and bushiness department than the stretching up dep. One thing I can tell you for sure, you're gona LOVE your siberian. I'm sure you're loving them all :laughtwo: but that siberian can't help but stand out.
I'm beginning to see how growing this plant is more fun and addictive than smoking it :allgood:

Man, you guys and supsilvermand are really getting me thinking autos!
ISmokes, really digging your setup! Nice!:thumb:

So what's the deal with the Trans Siberian? Not familiar with that one!
Indica?

Thanks Korloin! I appreciate the kind words. The trans siberian is listed on the seed bank's website as indica/sativa/ruderallis. My guess is it's heavy on the sativa genes. Long, slim, and pointy leaves.
PS: I'm only doing autos because it's my first grow. But to be honest, I'm really digging them. I guess the harvest should help me decide whether I like them or not :laughtwo:.. so far so good

Looking bigger every day! I honestly notice significant growth almost every day. I think this Auto thing isn't that bad after all lol. I'm trying not to overdo it with the pictures so I'll wait a couple of days before I update :).

Smoke On :grinjoint:

Yes the heat is brutal from the CFL Ballast. I walk into the room and I can feel the heat! I have two 4" fans blowing heat away and up top a 9" fan for outtake. The main room sits at 74 but my inside temps stay around 81. Hopefully the new moves I made an hour ago lower it a bit. The plants seem fine at 81 though.

Your not obsessive! I do the same stuff and most of the folks do it too!!

Right on Spring, I think you'll love the tent setup. And about the temps, my plants don't seem to mind 81 at all either. In fact, they're thriving at 81 lol. I manage to pull it down to 77 for about 70% of the time, but it peaks at 81 for a good 3 hours every day. These plants want to grow more than we want them to grow. Makes sense lol? weeds are weeds.. we fight them on our lawn and nurture them in our tents :laughtwo: saturday morning toke :tokin:

Update: The Siberian moved into a 3-Gal pot instead of the regular 2-Gal pots. Just experimenting because La Diva and Blueberry started flowering whereas the Siberian wants to grow some more. I was very careful with the transplant, I placed the smaller pot in the bigger pot > filled the space with the same soil mix > cut off the old pot with scissors as carefully as possible. I hope she doesn't notice the little shock (a lot of growers say autos are sensitive to transplanting). She has some serious side branching action going on.

Back
Top Bottom