First timer saying hello

sp4z205

Hello Everyone,

I've decided to take the plunge and start doing this for myself!

I currently have not started the process and will be creating further threads in the relevant forums when I do start.

My setup specs are as follows

4x4 gorilla tent
Autopot x4: 12.4 Gallon Reservoir with 3.9 Gallon pots
AC Inline T4 - model# AICLT4
ROI-E420 LED lights
1x clip fan

I've run the system without plants for a week to gauge temperatures. I have the Lights as high up in the tent as I can and can adjust the lights from 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% intensity.

It's very stable from what I can tell so far at 72-80 degrees from 25%-100% with fan settings from 1 through 10 with RH going from 35%-55%

I've purchased Photo(F) Gorilla Glue seeds from a reputable seedbank

my plan so far:
- Some LST to try and maximize yield by doing a spiral around my grow pots (throughout the seedling/veg phase). I'll be trying mainline topping (as suggested below by User: Just a Simple Guy) (I'm not sure how to call other users in a thread yet but I'll see if I can figure that out.)

- 1" of PH neutral clay pebbles at the bottom of the pots with the rest being filled with a coco/perlite mix.

- Fill reservoir and get PH balance to 6.0

- Use 6.0 PH water to Germinate

- After germination, place the seedlings into solo cups with my coco/perlite mix (cut bottom cup out) planted in end pots.

- Water inside solo cup using water from reservoir

- After 6-10 days remove solo cup (carefully without disturbing roots). Turn on tap so Autopot system starts working.

- Pay attention and test morning and nightly.

If anyone sees any glaring problems with my plan or has any advice I would be greatly appreciative!

I have done a lot of research so far and I would like to keep things as much in my control as possible which is why I'm going for PH neutral grow mediums, etc.

Thank you!!

:welcome:
sounds like you geared up decent.

you didn't specify if photos or autos. feminized photos will be a much better choice if this is a first grow. things will go way easier on you.

also you might want to keep training to a minimum if this is a first grow. it's a good idea to get to know the plant first.

your intro post would make a good first post for a new journal. you might want to get this moved. :)

Thank you so much for the feedback and the welcomes!

Thank you also for letting me know I left out some info, I've edited my main post but will also post it in this reply.

I bought Photo(F) seeds.

When I do start my grow I will post pictures and move this to a journal as well!

instead of LST should I lean more towards just some general topping/fiming for first time?

I would tend to agree my friend leave the lst scog for a few grows in.Get a feel for the ladies take some clones and grow
the same strain again helps you not run into to much trouble at the start that would be the best advice i could give.

I would tend to agree my friend leave the lst scog for a few grows in.Get a feel for the ladies take some clones and grow
the same strain again helps you not run into to much trouble at the start that would be the best advice i could give.

I like this idea - I bought 20 seeds total and my goal is to do this with the same strain 5 times if possible! I'm storing them in a light sealed bag in my fridge as I've read that doing a cold shock before germination helps success % and also storing them like this increases longevity.

I'll stick to topping instead of trying to do LST on my first time!

Thank you all so much for the feedback!!

I like this idea - I bought 20 seeds total and my goal is to do this with the same strain 5 times if possible! I'm storing them in a light sealed bag in my fridge as I've read that doing a cold shock before germination helps success % and also storing them like this increases longevity.

Check out the pics in my thread Hi: New grower checking in!

I only grew a few times before and that was in the 90s and this is the first time I've topped and the topping technique I used is "mainline". It's 3 toppings, the 1st after it reaches the 6th node topped back to the 3rd, the 2nd after the toppings reach the 4th node and topped back to the 3rd and the 3rd after the 2nd toppings push far enough out so they can be topped without damaging the new shoots that will be the ultimate tops.

I was hesitant at first but it turned out to be simple. Just have to go slow and pay attention. I'm also doing LST to keep them separated and allow air and light to get in.

This is all I did for LST.

PXL_20210624_161346279.jpg

Welcome to :420:

Looks like you're off to a great start and did your homework :thumb:

Welcome, looks like you're all setup and that's a great idea to run the tent a week before planting so you can get a good idea of how the temps are going to run. Currently growing autos but on my next grow will be trying some photos and will definitely be checking out that mainlining method above

Hello Everyone,

I've decided to take the plunge and start doing this for myself!

I currently have not started the process and will be creating further threads in the relevant forums when I do start.

My setup specs are as follows

4x4 gorilla tent
Autopot x4: 12.4 Gallon Reservoir with 3.9 Gallon pots
AC Inline T4 - model# AICLT4
ROI-E420 LED lights
1x clip fan

I've run the system without plants for a week to gauge temperatures. I have the Lights as high up in the tent as I can and can adjust the lights from 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% intensity.

It's very stable from what I can tell so far at 72-80 degrees from 25%-100% with fan settings from 1 through 10 with RH going from 35%-55%

I've purchased Photo(F) Gorilla Glue seeds from a reputable seedbank

my plan so far:
- Some LST to try and maximize yield by doing a spiral around my grow pots (throughout the seedling/veg phase). I'll be trying mainline topping (as suggested below by User: Just a Simple Guy) (I'm not sure how to call other users in a thread yet but I'll see if I can figure that out.)

- 1" of PH neutral clay pebbles at the bottom of the pots with the rest being filled with a coco/perlite mix.

- Fill reservoir and get PH balance to 6.0

- Use 6.0 PH water to Germinate

- After germination, place the seedlings into solo cups with my coco/perlite mix (cut bottom cup out) planted in end pots.

- Water inside solo cup using water from reservoir

- After 6-10 days remove solo cup (carefully without disturbing roots). Turn on tap so Autopot system starts working.

- Pay attention and test morning and nightly.

If anyone sees any glaring problems with my plan or has any advice I would be greatly appreciative!

I have done a lot of research so far and I would like to keep things as much in my control as possible which is why I'm going for PH neutral grow mediums, etc.

Thank you!!
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom