Flash Does Dinachem x Blue Gelato 41 x Green Crack: Full Coco

Nice job documenting. I noticed a photo early on where your young plants have some funky looking leaves, first thing that came to mind was to much light as they will grow like that when over saturated with light. Now that I see the harvest photos, it also looks like a lot of light burn. Is that possibly the case? Do you have a lux or par meter?

Thanks for stopping by. In fact it looks like light burn. But the trouble has started because of overwatering. Everything was perfect till at least week 5 from memory. I guess the overwatering created a root issue then some locks that made them less resistant to lights. I should maybe have put the lights upper. At that time my only concern was too fix the root issue. Hopefully the harvested Dinachem wasn't impacted. I ll harvest the plants of the previous pictures maybe Tuesday or Wednesday I prefer letting them fully ripen then trim the burnt leaves later even if I have to trim a lot

I ll put pictures next week when second trim will be done before dry weight. I still have to trim the green crack. I ll dry trim her next week. I find smell and taste even better with dry trimming.

I finally trimmed all the harvested plants and put buds in brown paper bags. I ve cleaned everything and transplanted my seedlings two days ago. I ve hooked the watering system that I carefully took time to test before. Now I m ready for the next grow

Good growing Flash! Can’t wait to see how the new ones do!

Thanks my friend. No more reserve pot welcome smart pots and happy roots!

Looks delicious Flash! Probably smells great as well eh?

It does Ase! Smell is WON-DER-FUL! Those buds are the stickiest I ve grown! I removed the little branches yesterday and my fingers were all sticky. Even if the Dinachem buds are frostier it they're not as sticky than the Green crack ones. My Dinachem as lost a lot of smell by the way. When I harvested her she was the one smelling the most at first. Kind of mango pineapple smell that was incredible but for real. I couldn't think weed could smell like fruit at this extend. Now the fruity smell has gone and it's more floral smell even with 18 days of curing. The jar is 58% humidity and everything look good. I guess I ll have to wait two more weeks before it smell and taste good

I'll post pics of the dry buds next week when they ready for curing.

Thanks for stopping by. In fact it looks like light burn. But the trouble has started because of overwatering. Everything was perfect till at least week 5 from memory. I guess the overwatering created a root issue then some locks that made them less resistant to lights. I should maybe have put the lights upper. At that time my only concern was too fix the root issue. Hopefully the harvested Dinachem wasn't impacted. I ll harvest the plants of the previous pictures maybe Tuesday or Wednesday I prefer letting them fully ripen then trim the burnt leaves later even if I have to trim a lot

I just helped a friend harvest his plants in Nevada. He had 11. He didnt lift the plants out of the run off leaving then in a puddle. We harvested 1 pound of marginal bud from plants that should have given 6 or 7 pounds. Ph was all screwy, but thankfully he didnt use a ton of nutes because he was using a Dosatron.

Had fun reading your journal flash. You went up against tough issues and did great! Can't wait for smoke reports.
ps I don't know if I ever saw a rig like yours. Very interesting.

Thank you my friend. I always tried to share as much as possible and as much pretty as possible as well. Also I learned that your mistakes can help others not to make the same so I learned not to be shame and just keep sharing no matter happening. I m proud of myself and was very touched to read your message. Thank you very much from the heart

Thank you my friend. I always tried to share as much as possible and as much pretty as possible as well. Also I learned that your mistakes can help others not to make the same so I learned not to be shame and just keep sharing no matter happening. I m proud of myself and was very touched to read your message. Thank you very much from the heart
Sharing is caring brother. Thank you.

When I harvested my Dinachem she was the one smelling the most in my grow space. I kind of strong Mango Pineapple smell. 10 days in Brown paper bags for slow drying after wet trimming. 10 days in jar 60% RH which is pretty stable and the wonderful fruity smell as gone. But like 100% gone. Buds had time to dry slowly. They took 12 days brown paper bags to look really ready for jars and considering the fact RH is stable in the jar I can't think they were still too wet or to dry. They look perfect but the smell is just hay. I hope things will get better with time. I know it s only 10 days curing but it s weird the smell could change that much to a green chlorophyll smell

I have always read everywhere that slow drying is key to give the buds time to degrade chlorophyll. No sign of mold or whatever as the paper bags do a wonderful job. My last grow I did the same and it worked perfectly I had the same quality I had with dry trimming.

@Pennywise can you share a bit your experience with your Dinachem? Did you have such smell at any time?

When I harvested my Dinachem she was the one smelling the most in my grow space. I kind of strong Mango Pineapple smell. 10 days in Brown paper bags for slow drying after wet trimming. 10 days in jar 60% RH which is pretty stable and the wonderful fruity smell as gone. But like 100% gone. Buds had time to dry slowly. They took 12 days brown paper bags to look really ready for jars and considering the fact RH is stable in the jar I can't think they were still too wet or to dry. They look perfect but the smell is just hay. I hope things will get better with time. I know it s only 10 days curing but it s weird the smell could change that much to a green chlorophyll smell

I have always read everywhere that slow drying is key to give the buds time to degrade chlorophyll. No sign of mold or whatever as the paper bags do a wonderful job. My last grow I did the same and it worked perfectly I had the same quality I had with dry trimming.
I've had other's react like that. Can't say why but everything turns out well in the end. Give them time.

Back
Top Bottom