Fluffy's Got The Golden Ticket

Fluffy Haze

Fluffy’s Got The Golden Ticket

:cheer: Ding Ding – Round 2! :cheer:

fluffy gets the golden ticket

As anyone who has had the dubious pleasure of my company for more than 30 seconds will know, Fluffy is somewhat obsessed with Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. OK, totally obsessed :)

I was wondering what I was going to call my second journal but wanted something good. Sir Fish Cake, for some reason this particular quote from the film you gave me has made me sing the song all day, and when I do that I skip along like they do in the film. How can I not name my journal after that?! :love: :clown: :thanks:

<sings>'Cause she's got a Golden Ticket...

And thanks to Jandre I have been singing it and skipping :blushsmile:

So here we go! Ready for another Ride of Fluffy Randomness? I really hope so. You’re the ones who make this fun :allgood:

The Grow Room*

Fluffily adapted wardrobe

Dimensions

• 48 cm wide, 67 cm long with an effective grow height of 115 cm.

Ventilation

• All intake/extract/ventilation remains the same as the last update (when I took the photo below).
  • Extract Fan = Silent 100 Bathroom Fan – I did the calculations somewhere in last journal about why it was enough for the space I have, I will edit this post when I get round to going back and finding them :)

Lighting

• 250 watt MH/HPS
  • 1 x 6400k 125 Watt Blue CFL 12K lumens
  • 1 x 2700k 125 Watt Red CFL (lumens?)
  • GLR for veg/Sort of DLR for flowering

Future Ideas

• I am considering for the future (6 months +) a possible overhaul to provide more light, but with that comes the need for better extraction etc. The wonderful Professor X is helping me with this one. Thank you my darling! :hug:

Please Note

• Due to the wonky wing, domestic circumstances and inability to predict when I am going to have the energy to do anything at all any alterations are going to have to be made without the use of power tools and be cheeeeeeep cheep.

A10_done.jpg

* I must grow Chocolope then I can call it the CHOCOLATE ROOM! :yahoo:

Psst...Smokey, did I do the yahoo dude OK? :blushsmile:

The Stuff You Put It In & Put On It
BioBizz Fest! (almost all)

Almost everything is BioBizz! Before I even joined the forum and I was learning whether or not growing was something I would be able to do, I found myself drawn to Fuzzy Duck and his methods, and his way of writing wonderfully instructional journals. You will always rock to me Fuzzy! :tommy:

Plus I like things uncomplicated so wanted all my stuff from one place, and it’s organic. As far as possible I would like to be organic.

What I have at the moment is:

Light Mix
All Mix
Bio Grow
Bio Bloom
Top Max
Alg a Mic
Bio Heaven

Other Bits
  • Superthrive
  • (Fishy) Organic Molasses
  • CalMag
  • Root Riot cubes for germination & sproutlings
  • 3 sizes of pot pots, erm, I know the biggest one is 11L (UK litres) :) I do three stages of transplants to ensure that all of the girls use the soil for their root systems as efficiently as possible.
Feeding Schedule

The Fluffy Experiment (see below) will use DonPaul’s advice.

The Fluffy Plan for the soil plants is as follows. The basic method is the same for both the photo and auto plant, but more care needs to be taken for the auto due to their sensitivity to nutes.

Sproutling to 2 weeks in Light Mix and small pot
  • Weak solution of Alg-a-mic, molasses and SuperThrive one feed, plain water next feed
Veg Phase – All Mix
  • Test the water (so to speak) to see how the plant reacts given auto sensitivity to nutes
  • Feed 1 = plain water
  • Feed 2 = 1tbsp molasses per litre, SuperThrive, half strength nutes per BioBizz Feed Schedule*, 0.5ml per litre CalMag (1/4 strength)
  • Alternate between these building up to full strength if the plant can handle it, until signs of flowering
Flowering Phase – All Mix
  • Alternate plain water and % strength of BioBizz recommendations plant can handle, 2tbsp molasses per litre, SuperThrive, CalMag per plant tolerance/requirement
* Fluffy's Blog - BioBizz Feed Schedule

Watering

One of the things I learned most from my first grow is that I need to relax and watch what the girls want. I try and learn what each plant wants by waiting until they are desperate for water, then take one day off it and water them then. I found it difficult at the beginning last time, I’m hoping with the experience I have gained I will do a better job.

Method
  • I mix up nutes and stuff (where applicable) and then add to the relevant amount of water, shake shake, shake shake a baby (sorry, I like that song :laugh:).
  • Put plant pot in a dish to catch any run off.
  • Slowly pour 1/4 of the water on the top, let it sink in a bit. Pour another 1/4 on.
  • Pour the rest in the dish and allow the plant to soak it up.
  • Note – if the plant hasn’t had long enough to generate a large root system in its pot, especially after transplant, put more over the top than in the dish.
Strains Chosen (Two Soil Plants)
Not so fruity as I thought...

Originally, I was growing a G13 Labs Pineapple Express. It was growing and today she keeled over and died. No idea why whatsoever :rip: . So, the plan has changed and the photo plant is a little bit behind.

1. Barneys Lucy (Ruby II reincarnated)

2. World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder Auto (Alice)

Hydro Experiment
Not convinced it’s for me...

I am running a little hydro experiment using DonPaul’s 2L Hempie (from here on in, in my journal, it shall be called The Pop as in pop bottle). First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

I am yet to be convinced that 1. I want to do anything hydro and 2. Whether (Fluffy being Fluffy) I can do anything hydro. So I am going to give it a whirl! It will also inform my decisions for the nature of the third grow – after Giga mentioned SOG I am starting to have a little ponder about that one (possibly an all auto SOG experiment) as we go along :hmmmm:

I’ve got a basic pH drop test kit and little pH up and downs just in case, but am hoping for no disasters! Wish me luck! :bitingnails:

Buddha White Dwarf (Elle Noah)

LST Experiment
Not entirely sure if this is wise or not!

Basically, I am going to drill some holes in the very top of the pots through which I will use jute twine to gradually (Fluffetus Muppetus, pay attention to the word gradually) work on some LST (Low Stress Training). I’m intending to do some staking a la Fuzzy Duck when I get to the appropriate point.

Fuzzy’s Staking - Blue Mystic Goes Volcanic & The Fun Gi

Gulp :bitingnails:

Think that’s it for now!
But Fluffy will have forgotten something :smokin:

I figured it was plenty to get this show on the road.

WE have got some growing to do!

Thank you all for coming along for the ride and making sure I don’t end up my distracting myself into a disaster.

:hug:

GEDC0759.JPG

:bigblush: I can’t find my “proper” little plant pots so I had to use one that contained olives from the supermarket deli! :bigblush:

Fluffy Post Script
Off Topic!

Substitute the “Bring Me Loooooovvvve” with “Bring Me Fluffffffffff:) :cheer:

just an idea, but why dont you 'build' a false floor. when i say build, i mean like 4 pillars made from plant pots or placing books or...whatever really.
you have a lot of vertical height there and im thinking that if you had a small room at the bottom and a bigger room at the top, you could start vegging your next crops a couple of weeks before your flowering plants are finished so that they can go into flower even on the same day you harvest. this should save weeks of waiting between crops....this only makes sense when your growing more than half of your floorspace worth of plants per crop.
but a couple of smaller 20w blue cfls is all you will really need to get them going =)

Wow those post were pretty Fluffy they would of taken me two days and a thousand damn it's to get em looking that fluffy!
I would like to ride! got room for one more yank Fluffy? I will be very quiet and give lot of reps.:peace:

Chocolate room :yahoo: :thumb: LOL!

So Alice will be with a Lucy :) You should call your grow alice in wonderland :) lol.. I love this, we're both growing lucy. Fishy is/was too, but I'm not entirely sure what happened with his seeds :bitingnails::bitingnails:..

You have put a lot of thought and planning into this fluffy and I wish you the best of luck, I'm very sure you'll do a great job :thumb:

I have reported myself already ... :bigblush:

Damn link to the Lucy seeds shows the wrong word, I have asked 420 to change it for me.

I'm sorrrrrry!!!!! :sorry:

PS Thank you, you know who ;) :circle-of-love:

And it wouldn't be the same without you :hug:

im here my darling. would be no where else =D

Gittergreen, I have seen you around a lot ... I am honoured you would like a seat in my crazy fluffy nest. You are welcome my dear just for being you, you don't need to give me reps at all. Now cake, that is another matter ;) :)

PS Yup, it's taken me ages to do this. I used to be a 80-90wpm typist until the wonky wing finally got the better of me. It's screaming at me after this weekend! :yikes: Your kind comments are gratefully accepted and made this Fluffy One proper smile this morning :blushsmile:

Wow those post were pretty Fluffy they would of taken me two days and a thousand damn it's to get em looking that fluffy!
I would like to ride! got room for one more yank Fluffy? I will be very quiet and give lot of reps.

I had to leave the Yahoo Smokey Dude in :slide:

Hehehe, I hadn't thought of Alice in Wonderland! I couldn't think of Alice's name and it just came to me. Come to think of it, I do say ears and whiskers when I am running late! :laugh:

I really hope it does work, the PE dying on me has made me a bit nervous, especially as the two wee ones don't look great either. I wonder if I hurted them on germination this time? I might need to pop another couple just in case.

That's what happens when you are more distracted than usual...

Chocolate room :yahoo: LOL!

So Alice will be with a Lucy. You should call your grow alice in wonderland lol.. I love this, we're both growing lucy. Fishy is/was too, but I'm not entirely sure what happened with his seeds ..

You have put a lot of thought and planning into this fluffy and I wish you the best of luck, I'm very sure you'll do a great job

Awwww! OMM thank you! It has been a lot of work indeed and I am paying for it now! I wanted to do this though, I was so disorganised last time I promised myself I would do better. I was going to use a paper journal then update here but I won't do that, so it's all going here taken from scrappy bits of paper! :)

Yes, we are going to have some mahoosive colas this time from my superbly brilliant LST skills :high-five: :rollingeyes: :laugh:

Wow Fluffytus !

You have been busy. Love the new journal and all the info you have provided. For sure this grow with be better than your last!

Welcome fellow Labyrinther!

Great to have you here :cheer:

Sub-a-dub-dub.

I can't think of a good rhyme...

But I'm subbed.

OMG OMG OMG!

Giga you bloody rule every which way from Sunday to Saturday and back again! What a genius idea! :high-five:

I have been racking my brains on how to best use my space for ages. I was even thinking of building a seedling box to cut down time but have got nowhere for it. This would solve my problems brilliantly! I have a feeling Fluffy might be busy over Christmas holidays :partyboy:

:thanks:

just an idea, but why dont you 'build' a false floor. when i say build, i mean like 4 pillars made from plant pots or placing books or...whatever really.
you have a lot of vertical height there and im thinking that if you had a small room at the bottom and a bigger room at the top, you could start vegging your next crops a couple of weeks before your flowering plants are finished so that they can go into flower even on the same day you harvest. this should save weeks of waiting between crops....this only makes sense when your growing more than half of your floorspace worth of plants per crop.
but a couple of smaller 20w blue cfls is all you will really need to get them going =)

Smokey I could never rep you enough for this! Hahahahahahaaaaa! :rofl:

It reminds you of Fluffy because THAT IS FLUFFY! :laugh: :bravo:

Can't wait to show Mr Fluffy, he will very much approve :thumb:

Why does a clumsy penguin remind me of fluffy?

I'm in! When I saw golden ticket I was thinking "gold strains?!?!"... But you are growing good strains! Your grow space is awesome too.

Aloha Fluffy

Well late as always... and you know how great I follow :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom