Fobz03 - Soil - 3xStrawberry Kush - 9x9 - Scrog - Grow Journal - 2015

Fobz03

21 July 2015,
Day 1.

What strain is it?
Im growing a Strawberry kush strain (The seeds are from a good decent quality strawberry kush nag weed that I bought)

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Its a Hybrid. 60% indica.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Finished germinating and potted 21 July 2015.

If in Veg... For how long?
Two days veg.

20150722_190309.jpg
20150722_190332.jpg

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor.

20150721_195154.jpg
20150716_161103.jpg

Soil or Hydro?
Soil
Using Growmor potting medium
Starting in 0.12 Gallon Coco hair pots for seedlings then will transfer them transplant into 3 gallon pots.

20150722_190850.jpg
20150722_063821.jpg

Size of light?
I'm using 11x 20 Watt 6 500k 1220 lumens and 4x 14 Watt 2700k 1120 lumens CFL's that you get from your local hardware store. Starting with a 18/6 light schedule.
(I was going to only use CFL'S for my grow room but I have done some extensive research after doing this setup about a 400 watt MH/HPS bulb setup, I now already have a 400 Watt MH and 400 Watt HPS bulb setup on order with a 6" tube reflector.

Is it aircooled?
My grow room is air cooled. (Two small rotating fans one on the roof and one on the floor for air circulation and to make the plants dance. I also have a 98 cubic meters/hr extractor fan which I will use to pull heat away from the 400 Watt MH/HPS bulbs with ducting once I install those bulbs but for now the extractor is used to bring in fresh air and draw abit of heat out.)

Temp of Room/cab?
The room runs at about 29 degrees Celsius (84.3 fahrenheit) during lights on and 23 degrees Celsius (73.5 Fahrenheit) with lights off. I'm waiting for a warm/cold temperature controller to control temperature in the grow room.

RH of Room/cab?
At the moment the RH of my room is dependent on the environment (Atmosphere RH and from the plants and from watering when proper watering starts) which fluctuates threw out the day but averaging around 70% at the moment. I'm waiting for a humidifier/dehumidifier on order to control RH.

PH of media or res?
Grow medium is at 6.5 as I adjust my tap water to 6.5 ph and will adjust ph after adding nutes to the water when I start feeding. I use a 85% pure, food grade phosphoric acid to lower and stabilise the ph of the water.

Any Pests ?
There are no pest as of yet but I have a bottle of organic (garlic and canola oil extract) pesticide so will be ready for any pests. Will be getting neem oil soon as I am worried that the garlic in it my change the flavour of the smoke.

How often are you watering?
At the moment I have only wet the soil as I have planted the germinated seeds today so I have no records of how frequent I'm watering yet.

Type and strength of ferts used?
It's very hard to get the right nutes where I am so I have had to make the best with what I could get. I did research and found a high nitrogen organic plant food for veg stage and a high phosphorous potassium cactus plant food for blooming. I also have a bottle of micro nutes plant food.

20150722_063514.jpg
20150722_063434.jpg
20150722_063334.jpg

I'm doing the best that I can with the resources I have and can find. It's my first indoor grow 2nd grow in total. Any tips and advice would be much appreciated during the course of this grow as I'm willing to learn as much as I can until I do the perfect grow

Sweet bru ill appreciate it and thanks for the tip. I was going to mount them horizontal but that would've taken longer to do and just wanted to get growing. Haha

Sweet thanks mcnasty. I'm going to try keep this a weekly update with photos but sooner if run into any problems. Just one question for now, I'm going to be doing a scrog. I have read you should have 1 plant per Sq foot but I only have 3. firstly is it possible to full the screen with the 3 plants? if so how by topping 1st to get more branches? or should I stick to 3 sq feet as i have 3 plants?

Hey Fobz03! Just securing me a seat if you dont mind.

I'll provide help as needed but mcnasty057 and Light Addict know way more than I do so I'm basically here for the journey and to learn with ya!

hey fobz have a similar setup and also popped on the 21st so pls keep us updated , would be nice to compare, im also growing decent bag seed sativa dom

i think more than anything els i need a better camera... lol also anyone have any opinion on tap (hard) water? and can i process my tap water at home to correct issues? just throwing it out there...

Back
Top Bottom