Four Fine Fall Phillies

BUD WASHING
Ok I'm all for washing bud when I grow outside. Get all those nasty bugs and their poop off my bud! Mildew and mold too! If I don't have a bug or mold issue in my tent can someone remind me why I would wash under those conditions? Dust seems like it would be stuck to their stickiness and wouldn't wash off and I have no pets. Lazy, you bet but give me a reason and I'll rethink my dereliction direction!

BUD WASHING
Ok I'm all for washing bud when I grow outside. Get all those nasty bugs and their poop off my bud! Mildew and mold too! If I don't have a bug or mold issue in my tent can someone remind me why I would wash under those conditions? Dust seems like it would be stuck to their stickiness and wouldn't wash off and I have no pets. Lazy, you bet but give me a reason and I'll rethink my dereliction direction!
I find that bud washing allows for a slower and more even dry. Not only is my bud cleaner (there is always dust and hair and other dirt that accumulates over 4 months in the tent) but I end up getting a better cure with the extra day or two the washing adds to the initial drying process.
I used to think that my tents were clean and that I would not get any benefit from bud washing.... but after doing it a few times and seeing all the dirt that accumulated in my wash water, I was convinced. The bud has been much nicer to smoke lately too. IMHO, it is well worth the extra effort.

I find that bud washing allows for a slower and more even dry. Not only is my bud cleaner (there is always dust and hair and other dirt that accumulates over 4 months in the tent) but I end up getting a better cure with the extra day or two the washing adds to the initial drying process.
I used to think that my tents were clean and that I would not get any benefit from bud washing.... but after doing it a few times and seeing all the dirt that accumulated in my wash water, I was convinced. The bud has been much nicer to smoke lately too. IMHO, it is well worth the extra effort.
The longer dry and the rest does make sense. I'll have to decide again next harvest. I've been trimming all day almost done.

I chopped the gorilla bomb first this morning. This plant grew like she didn't have a care in the world. Didn't mind the cold start, had no deficiencies I could see and grew big hard bud. I couldn't get her to conform to my wishes of putting her in scrog so I just opened her up the best I could. This was a pleasure to grow. Wet weight 734 grams. If I put it into the formula I snagged from Emilya of wet weight - 10% for stems. divided by 4 = 5.9 oz possible dry

Next came white rhino. This one deceived me the whole time. I didn't see her colas being much. They looked small and I could see through them at one point. She grew well, only asking for a little calcium addition. Also she really stopped growing when I defoliated her so I stopped and didn't touch. Wet weight 793 Grams. 6,3 oz possible dry

Strawberry Cough came down too. This plant drove me nutz the whole time. I never did make her completely happy. Best I did was keep her from dead. The ugliest I've grown to date. Calcium by the truckload and a light feeder as far as I can tell. She got dank though! My trimmers got the stickiest on her. Wet weight 781 grams. 6.3 oz possible

I'm beat, I'll be back tomorrow after I chop the cbd cream and cheese.
Oh right, they hang in a 65% rh room.

Highya SO,

That is one impressive days work. I can get through a pound (or a little more) before I've had enough. Great job! Cheers

CBD Cream and Cheese came down and trimmed easier than I thought having all those leaves everywhere. She grew easily and wanted to be fed heavy. No problems I can remember. A real scrog plant this one with lots of secondary branching with good scrog buds. I couldn't defoliate her after stretch as her leaves were too small and I couldn't get my fingers in to do it. They self defoliated after a while. She smells like sweet sweet paint thinner and came in at 707 grams. 5.7 oz. The math says 24.2 oz for this run and seems high but I'll take it for now. If so It'll be a weight breaking event for me. Here they are.

It sure is. While you were away this grow got ugly a couple of times. I came close to throwing the strawberry cough out. Thought it had disease but it was me feeding it poorly. So it's a happy surprise.
I remember that from way back in the day. *stares off into memory*

Back
Top Bottom