GDB's Bubblegum Machine

Hello growers.

All my little seeds except one popped taproots yesterday. The Cotton Candy Cane had not popped after 36 hours on the paper towel.

I buried them all and now officially enter the "Excruciation" phase of the grow. I'm not fond of this phase because I think waiting on seedlings to arise from the soil causes my bald spot to grow larger. (Technically, I currently don't have a bald spot because a few days ago I took my clippers and cut off all of my hair. But as it begins to grow back I believe the bald spot will still be there. :laughtwo: )

Bgum Grow seed bury 3-11-22.JPG

Go babies!

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.
Deeboy… busts in like Koolaid! I agree this is the worst part. Once they spring up, I try to become a slow motion snake charmer.

Finally got a chance to read through the entire journal. Excellent introduction. The Black Cherry Punch @ 25% has me very interested and the RQS Bubblegum two headed plant makes me scratch my head a little. Going to be a great grow to sit in on.

Congrats on the twins, GDB!

I was reading up on cannabis "twins" - it says one plant will be a normal offspring, possibly a different pheno than mom, but the other one will be an exact clone of mom.

Of course, you don't know what mom looked like, so you won't know which is which.... :hmmmm:

Cool twin GDB I hope she turns into a two-headed beast.

I was reading up on cannabis "twins" - it says one plant will be a normal offspring, possibly a different pheno than mom, but the other one will be an exact clone of mom.
Nice job @Carcass . Good info.

Hello grow bunch.

There's a little more action in the Bubblegum Machine.

Please welcome baby Kera Bubblegum!
Kera BGum 3-15-22 Day 1.JPG

The WSE Bubblegum is trying to come up too, but I think she's struggling just a bit. Got to keep an eye on this one.
WSE Bgum 3-15-22 Day 0.JPG

The Cotton Candy Cane that was buried without having popped a tap root seems uninterested in making an appearance. :straightface:

I may drop another one (I have one left). But since my family is larger than expected (twins), I may not. :)

Thanks for looking in, and thanks for all the feedback:

:ciao: Congrats on the babies. The twin is so cool! Can’t wait to see how she’s turn out. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks, Boo. "She's" :laughtwo:
Yahoo it is twins! Hopefully they both make it for science!
Thanks, N420. I do too!
I feel bad for the bird that flew into your window and broke its beak!
LOL! I can't wait to see you try to draw something.
Deeboy… busts in like Koolaid! I agree this is the worst part. Once they spring up, I try to become a slow motion snake charmer.
Welcome, Dee. Hopefully you're grape.

Can I borrow your little snake-charming horn thingy? :Rasta:
I'd like to note the new budget you have. Seems a lot more people come here when they are paid. I may look into this myself.
@BooWho2 has already posted a comment, so I'll just say it for myself: "Ridiculous!"
Budget?? People getting paid??

Do tell.... And how do I sign up??:hmmmm:
See above comment. Hell, how do I sign up? :laughtwo:
Finally got a chance to read through the entire journal. Excellent introduction. The Black Cherry Punch @ 25% has me very interested and the RQS Bubblegum two headed plant makes me scratch my head a little. Going to be a great grow to sit in on.
Thanks, Scrogdawg!

Be mindful not to over-scratch. That hasn't worked out too well for me. :straightface:
@Grandpa Tokin, That old fart would hit cow shit if you could squeeze a little rosin out of it.:bong:
And I seriously hope the rosin pic he posted after your post is not that! :laugh:
Congrats on the twins, GDB!

Of course, you don't know what mom looked like, so you won't know which is which.... :hmmmm:
I never thought to look it up MrC! Thanks for that.

One side of the plant is clearly the dominant side. I wonder which side the exact clone?
Cool twin GDB I hope she turns into a two-headed beast.
Thanks Budman. You are not alone!
Nice job @Carcass . Good info.
I think so too. Very nice job!

Hello all.

I've got a quick update on the Bubblegum Machine.

I've got to drop a few more seeds. The WSE Bubblegum refuses to release it's helmet and I'm almost certain she done for. I'll drop another today.

The Cotton Candy Cane never emerged from the soil. To replace her, I'm going to drop another Royal Queen Bubblegum XL. I'm concerned about what the existing "twin" will do so I'm hedging my bet.

Here are some pics.

Kera Bubblegum (day 2)
As she unfolded one of her cotyledons was stunted and barely there. Now that side is yellowing already.
Kera Bgum 3-16-22 day 2.JPG

RQ Bubblegum "Twin" (day 3)
Royal Queen Bgum 3-16-22 Day 3.JPG

Black Cherry Punch (day 3)
Blk Cherry 3-16-22 day 3.JPG

WSE Bubblegum.
That helmet is on there tight and no amount of poking, water-dripping and prodding has gotten it to loosen its grip.
WSE Bgum 3-16-22.JPG

I shall persevere! :Rasta:

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

I've used tweezers on one side and a small pick on the other side to break the helmet off before and it worked out well. I was fairly aggressive with it, thinking I had nothing to lose. Might be worth a try bud.

I've used tweezers on one side and a small pick on the other side to break the helmet off before and it worked out well. I was fairly aggressive with it, thinking I had nothing to lose. Might be worth a try bud.
I'll give it a try Scrogdawg. I don't feel I have anything to lose either because I think she's already history.

Thanks! :Rasta:

Hello growers.

I managed to get the helmet off of the WSE Bubblegum. Problem is the top of the plant came off with it! :laughtwo:

She was dead or dying anyway. You can tell from the darkly colored top of the stem.
IMG_4400.JPG

I'm actually glad to get that behind me.

Time to move on!

Peace.

Hello all.

I've got a quick update on the Bubblegum Machine.

I've got to drop a few more seeds. The WSE Bubblegum refuses to release it's helmet and I'm almost certain she done for. I'll drop another today.

The Cotton Candy Cane never emerged from the soil. To replace her, I'm going to drop another Royal Queen Bubblegum XL. I'm concerned about what the existing "twin" will do so I'm hedging my bet.

Here are some pics.

Kera Bubblegum (day 2)
As she unfolded one of her cotyledons was stunted and barely there. Now that side is yellowing already.
Kera Bgum 3-16-22 day 2.JPG

RQ Bubblegum "Twin" (day 3)
Royal Queen Bgum 3-16-22 Day 3.JPG

Black Cherry Punch (day 3)
Blk Cherry 3-16-22 day 3.JPG

WSE Bubblegum.
That helmet is on there tight and no amount of poking, water-dripping and prodding has gotten it to loosen its grip.
WSE Bgum 3-16-22.JPG

I shall persevere! :Rasta:

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.
Hate those helmets!!!

Hello growers.

I managed to get the helmet off of the WSE Bubblegum. Problem is the top of the plant came off with it! :laughtwo:

She was dead or dying anyway. You can tell from the darkly colored top of the stem.
IMG_4400.JPG

I'm actually glad to get that behind me.

Time to move on!

Peace.
Looks like the baby from Eraserhead

Hate those helmets!!!
I hate that helmet, DeeBoy!

I usually don't have a problem removing them but this one was quite stubborn. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom