GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

So sad to hear about #2 (moment of silence).

Glad to see that your others are doing SSSSHHHHpectacularly!

Well done, brother!

Thanks Jandre!

Yeah... Some kind of stem rot I think. As I said, the inside of the broken stalk was all dry and woody. It was actually surprising that there was so much green growth on the other end. It looked dead all the way through the whole thing and there was a brown semi granular dirt substance all around the break. Almost like the stuff you see from Termites.

I've never seen anything like it before with any of my plants.

Good deal Wiz! Keep me posted on how your plants respond to the CS treatments! So far I am noticing it having a small effect on the leaves around the growing tips. They are kind of curling inward a bit. Hopefully this doesn't become worse. I'm trying to keep the tip of the spray bottle real close to the plant when I spray so I only get the solution onto the actual flower top points and not so much on the leaves surrounding them.

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

Maybe it's a deep rooting problem, pest maybe??? The GDP 1 also looks to be drying up from the bottom. Could it be chlorine from the tap water or to much salt build up?

I always use well water which has very little Chlorine in it. Much smaller amounts than your typical city tap water. I have no idea what the problem was, but as I mentioned to Jandre, it appeared to be some form of stem rot.

Overwintering revegged plants is always wrought with potential disaster since the plants are living way beyond their natural life cycle. At least several of the clones were from #2, so it wasn't a total loss. If I had just been overwintering those two alone it would have been a lot bigger deal and a much tougher loss to accept. ;)

Thanks Jandre!

Yeah... Some kind of stem rot I think. As I said, the inside of the broken stalk was all dry and woody. It was actually surprising that there was so much green growth on the other end. It looked dead all the way through the whole thing and there was a brown semi granular dirt substance all around the break. Almost like the stuff you see from Termites.

Good deal Wiz! Keep me posted on how your plants respond to the CS treatments! So far I am noticing it having a small effect on the leaves around the growing tips. They are kind of curling inward a bit. Hopefully this doesn't become worse. I'm trying to keep the tip of the spray bottle real close to the plant when I spray so I only get the solution onto the actual flower top points and not so much on the leaves surrounding them.

Corn Borers, maybe?

Thanks Jandre!

My next guess was some type of pest that ate away the inside of the main stem maybe.

I havent yet started spraying with CS yet since my clones arent yet ready. I wouldve used it on one of my later growth plants but I have no room to isolate a bigger plant. So im just waiting until I see the best clone and then start. Which should be in a week.

I checked out that Granny grower you got your CS idea from. She even stated that the CS will ruin the leaves so be careful

Hi GG7, How you going mate??
Sorry to hear about the passing of your father.. It is not something that you want to go through, even tho we know one day we must.
Last year I lost 4 friends, 3 to suicide for what I guess some may say menial reasons, But a lifetime of troubles sometimes get too much and they mustve felt for whatever reason that talking about it wasnt going to take away their sadness.
So I hope you at least got to spend time with him before hand mate:circle-of-love: And got say your goodbyes.. On a different topic, Your girls are looking good mate;);) NICE WORK! Cant wait to see how the GDP turns out for ya, hoping its a monster bud producer..
Ive just ordered the products from Corey @ BPN, THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR GENEROUS OFFER:) So I should have them soon, Im spewing I couldnt get them few weeks ago for this current grow but I have a little girl coming up, Lucy, which Ill be feeding her Bpn goodies and am going to try to crack the 1 pound p/plant in 15 weeks,Soil grow 400w MH/HPS.
This current was meant to emulate Cindy, my previous, But I changed 2 things- The veg time ( i shortened it she was 2ft, as opposed to nearly 4 with Cindy ) and also the trimming I did.
Sure I was fairly aggressive trimming last plant, but this time I took on board and used methods that werent applicable to me, so my girl suffered. She stands a lonely 4.5ft tallx4.5ft wide. 2ft shorter than previous girl:( I got a nearly identical grow but due to the early flowering and heavier trimming, I stunted her a bit too IMO. When I compared pics from previous one and now I see the difference - espec. with the amount of fan leaves I left on her main cola s and such, which I removed more of this time. So now she has bugger all to feed on, and is struggling a bit I reckon - normally Id be cutting out food for her - But I think that due to the minmal leaves a small top up of food maybe required. Her leaves are all dying so this is why I am lightly feeding her she has about 1 week, so Ill flush her in next couple days.
Take care mate, I hope you and family will be ok - and remember to take some time for yourself, just relaxing some place when you get time. BUT ALSO LOOK AFTER YOUR PLANTS OF COURSE!!! :):) I will drive by again soon pal, Be good or good at it! Smokemup

CLONE UPDATE
Flowers are starting to show up but so far just female type

I have been treating the two clones on the left with the CS solution since I switched the lights over to 12/12, but so far, the flowers I am starting to see are your typical female variety. Hopefully we start seeing some male type show up. Since I have never done this before, I don't really know what I should be looking for. I am spraying all the growing tips with CS every morning when the lights come on.

The clone on the right in this growing area is not being treated with CS and will be the female recipient. If the CS treatments fail to produce any male flowers, then at some point I will use the GDP pollen that TG sent me to pollenate the untreated clone.

P10104253.JPG
P10104263.JPG
P10104272.JPG
P10104283.JPG
P10104322.JPG

Untreated Clone

P10104312.JPG
P10104292.JPG

So thats all for now. I will keep you guys posted and will report the minute I see any male flowers show up if they ever do.

Hi GG7, How you going mate??
Sorry to hear about the passing of your father.. It is not something that you want to go through, even tho we know one day we must.
Last year I lost 4 friends, 3 to suicide for what I guess some may say menial reasons, But a lifetime of troubles sometimes get too much and they mustve felt for whatever reason that talking about it wasnt going to take away their sadness.
So I hope you at least got to spend time with him before hand mate:circle-of-love: And got say your goodbyes.. On a different topic, Your girls are looking good mate;);) NICE WORK! Cant wait to see how the GDP turns out for ya, hoping its a monster bud producer..
Ive just ordered the products from Corey @ BPN, THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR GENEROUS OFFER:) So I should have them soon, Im spewing I couldnt get them few weeks ago for this current grow but I have a little girl coming up, Lucy, which Ill be feeding her Bpn goodies and am going to try to crack the 1 pound p/plant in 15 weeks,Soil grow 400w MH/HPS.
This current was meant to emulate Cindy, my previous, But I changed 2 things- The veg time ( i shortened it she was 2ft, as opposed to nearly 4 with Cindy ) and also the trimming I did.
Sure I was fairly aggressive trimming last plant, but this time I took on board and used methods that werent applicable to me, so my girl suffered. She stands a lonely 4.5ft tallx4.5ft wide. 2ft shorter than previous girl:( I got a nearly identical grow but due to the early flowering and heavier trimming, I stunted her a bit too IMO. When I compared pics from previous one and now I see the difference - espec. with the amount of fan leaves I left on her main cola s and such, which I removed more of this time. So now she has bugger all to feed on, and is struggling a bit I reckon - normally Id be cutting out food for her - But I think that due to the minmal leaves a small top up of food maybe required. Her leaves are all dying so this is why I am lightly feeding her she has about 1 week, so Ill flush her in next couple days.
Take care mate, I hope you and family will be ok - and remember to take some time for yourself, just relaxing some place when you get time. BUT ALSO LOOK AFTER YOUR PLANTS OF COURSE!!! :):) I will drive by again soon pal, Be good or good at it! Smokemup

Thanks for the kind words Dude! I appreciate it!

Does sound like you might be overfeeding that plant. Backoff the food and do the flush as you have planned and also go easy on the watering. After flushing real good, let the pot dry out until it is light when you pick it up and wait till the plant starts showing signs of wilting before watering it again.

Either way I am glad that the pollen found a home brother. I am hoping to see you work some feminized magic. :)

Thanks for the kind words Dude! I appreciate it!

Does sound like you might be overfeeding that plant. Backoff the food and do the flush as you have planned and also go easy on the watering. After flushing real good, let the pot dry out until it is light when you pick it up and wait till the plant starts showing signs of wilting before watering it again.

Great info. Thats what I use to do when I had deficiency problems with my plants. :thumb:

I hope you get pollen from the CS. Other wise I wont be able to cross bread. I think Ill start using my CS a week or 2 before I flip the lights on it.

Yeah thanks mate;)
Your 2 girls in above pics look ok, but what is causing the weird leaf growth on 2nd plant?? Ive seen a few plants do this but Ive not know the cause..
And yeah, I will stop feeding her and just go with water. She s taking her sweet time finishing up - about 61 days now out of around 75 day approx max grow, So hope she will be finishing up soon. MOst pistils are orange now, but she seems to be still producing calyxes with fresh white hairs so its making me wait for my buds!!!
I took a couple tiny under developed buds from the under growth and dried em, they smelled crap until touched and then she released her smell:):) YUMMO.. But as theyre tiny I didnt get wrecked off em, but I can feel it sitting above my eyelids after couple pipes so thats good sign I guess, hoping the large buds have that same stone and feel to em. So yeah Ill just wait for her to dry out her pot which should be by tomorrow. My new girls going great - Ive put pics of her in my journal if ya can be stuffed doin a drive by later.
Take it easy mate, Catch ya. Smokemup

Yeah thanks mate;)
Your 2 girls in above pics look ok, but what is causing the weird leaf growth on 2nd plant?? Ive seen a few plants do this but Ive not know the cause..
And yeah, I will stop feeding her and just go with water. She s taking her sweet time finishing up - about 61 days now out of around 75 day approx max grow, So hope she will be finishing up soon. MOst pistils are orange now, but she seems to be still producing calyxes with fresh white hairs so its making me wait for my buds!!!
I took a couple tiny under developed buds from the under growth and dried em, they smelled crap until touched and then she released her smell:):) YUMMO.. But as theyre tiny I didnt get wrecked off em, but I can feel it sitting above my eyelids after couple pipes so thats good sign I guess, hoping the large buds have that same stone and feel to em. So yeah Ill just wait for her to dry out her pot which should be by tomorrow. My new girls going great - Ive put pics of her in my journal if ya can be stuffed doin a drive by later.

So, smokem, you're sayin that as long as you see the pistils comin out the buds are still gaining size? I'm still not completely confident of my skills in the final part of finishing, and I may have seen another little clue to my puzzle!

So, smokem, you're sayin that as long as you see the pistils comin out the buds are still gaining size? I'm still not completely confident of my skills in the final part of finishing, and I may have seen another little clue to my puzzle!

Yea if pistols are still shooting out and the calaxs are still getting fat then dont harvest yet. You can flush but dont harvest!

Yeah mate, Sure am.. Ive been giving my plant 14hrs dark now, and she is bulking up and is still pushing out large calyxes with more white pistils, this is what my last girl did too.
Towards the last few days of Flower, she just went BAM and pushed out tonnes of calyxes with new pistils and once they turned orange she was done.. Heres a pic of my last girl just prior to harvest you can see the tops of her cola s have calyxes poking out all over the top of them..
2012-10-22_19_27_19.jpg
2012-10-28_14_03_48.jpg

She had fat cola's by the end of it, and this girl is now much wider than a few days ago. The burn prob slowed her down a bit..

Yeah thanks mate;)

That is a side effect of the CS treatments. It is hard to avoid getting some overspray on the surrounding leaves when trying to spray the flower tops. I read in Granny's thing that the leaves can react this way to the CS.

I think I am starting to see what looks like some non-female flowers mixed in with the normal flower growth! Just noticed it today and will wait a few more days for what I see to get larger before I try taking photos. But it does appear that the CS treatments are starting to work! :)

That is a side effect of the CS treatments. It is hard to avoid getting some overspray on the surrounding leaves when trying to spray the flower tops. I read in Granny's thing that the leaves can react this way to the CS.

I think I am starting to see what looks like some non-female flowers mixed in with the normal flower growth! Just noticed it today and will wait a few more days for what I see to get larger before I try taking photos. But it does appear that the CS treatments are starting to work! :)

:cheer::bravo:

Back
Top Bottom