Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

Original GDP clone:

0131073.JPG

I've run it twice. Yellowed on me both times, but I didn't clone it and have no extensive experience with it...like you. The flowers were prime both times though.

:cool:

It always does seem to turn out really good smoke regardless, huh? :)
I wanted to post an update here because I'll be pretty busy for a few days. Both of the triple node plants are pulling out of that growth mutation and normalizing; I'm going to pollinate one with the other anyway. The other two are under 12/12 and I should have remembered not to start them at the same time, but I don't want to pull one out and risk a hermie; I'll just be more careful with the CS this time. I'll make that CS as soon as I see hairs form on either one of the normal S1 plants. And I've got various GDP plants in flower so I'll get pics up soon.

Note: I put both GDP S1 parent plants (the normal ones) under my 200 watt bloom CFL today set at 12/12. The other two triple node plants are still a bit small, but in a week or so I'll take everything else out of the locker and get them both going under 12/12 also. I made a mistake earlier; only one of those triple node plants normalized. I'm not sure which one I'll spray with CS, but I'm leaning towards the normalized one. Post more pics soon.

Here are both GDP S1 triple node plants. As you can see, that soil mix is hot for plants this small, they're starting to show and I need to make some CS solution, and one of them normalized (first pic):

0052481.JPG

I'll use the GDP S1 that hasn't normalized yet for the mother:

0042640.JPG

Chimp squad!!!!! ooh ooh ooh, AHH AHH AHH!!!!!

It's good to see things moving along in here Chimp. I have seen the granddaddy purps actually in stock lately and have considered pulling the trigger. It is a strain I want to have again but the price of them makes me hesitate. $180 for ten regular seeds is a lot and from all that I have heard the male to female ratio is really high. How many of the seeds did you have yo go through to find a keeper female? Do you recall oh wise chimp of pot?

I bought ten seeds when they first came out and did two separate grows of 5 plants each. I think I got four males and six females if I remember right. In the second grow I pollinated two GDP females with a GDP male, but the offspring (even though they carry the father's frostiness trait) go all over the place.

I bought ten seeds when they first came out and did two separate grows of 5 plants each. I think I got four males and six females if I remember right. In the second grow I pollinated two GDP females with a GDP male, but the offspring (even though they carry the father's frostiness trait) go all over the place.
Well it sounds like you had a decent ratio actually which makes me feel a little better about things. I take it the clones that you still work with are from the original seed batch then and not from the seeds you created or am I mistaken? I can also see why you have been working on the whole selfing project to try and get what traits you want locked down so that you don't have to worry about all the variation if anything should ever happen.

Thanks TGY :)
I made the CS solution yesterday and started treating the bottom branches of a normal GDP S1 plant this morning. I've got both abnormal GDP S1s isolated in their own locker and I'll set the timer to 12/12 tomorrow. Since (as Graytail pointed out to me) the offspring tend to take on the traits of the mother, I'm going to CS treat the plant that normalized for a father. I'll use the one that is staying triple noded as the mother.

Hey everybody make sure Dad gives you a bad haircut and Mom dresses you funny it's picture day! :tokin: JK but not about the pics here's the two normal GDP S1 parents (the one I'm treating is the one on the left):

014972.JPG

I'm treating these lower branches; the flowers on the lower branches of the mother are slightly less developed:

015874.JPG

I forgot to change the camera setting before I took these :bigblush:
GDPs in flower:

0042649.JPG
0121201.JPG
0111340.JPG

Grand Daddy Yellow..... :(

Back
Top Bottom