Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

Ken's original GDP:

0121177.JPG
0111309.JPG
0101482.JPG

Looks a little different this time. :confused:

That one is 6 weeks and 1 day from flip today; it's had hairs for about 5 weeks, so it has about 3-1/2 weeks to go. It usually gets purple towards the end so I expect it to happen soon. The look of the hairs is from heat; when I reset this tent up after rearranging my grow area the temps and airflow seemed okay but the next time I checked it a few days later it was running close to 90 degrees F. It got a bad wilt and most of the hairs wound up with that retracted look to them. I was passing air from one side of the tent bottom to the other with the flex ducts; standing in front of the tent without it being open my face was sweating, so I knew the plants inside were in trouble. :(

GDP, 7 weeks and 1 day from flip to 11.5/12.5:

0042583.JPG
0052439.JPG

Here's a pic without camera adjustments (you can see it starting to get purple again):

0062161.JPG

You can see a top from that same plant in this Jack the Ripper pic:

0081828.JPG

That plant probably has about 2-1/2 weeks left until chop.

It won't be soon :(
I've heard of this before; I actually bought seeds from an underground breeder and he had to redo the grow due to this. That single GDP S2 seed I got from the GDP CS pollination is a male. Under 18/6, these flowers formed on it:

0012983.JPG

As you can see in this pic, a few of them opened up:

0022885.JPG

I always thought if you pollinated a female with a CS treated female-turned-male you'd get all fem seeds.
The only thing in the tent that has hairs on it are the Mendocino x Purple Kush clones, which I expect to see seeds in when it chops. I revegged a GDP S1 from that last grow, and I think what I'm going to do is treat an original clone with CS (I have a small clone going now) and pollinate the S1 reveg. I'll get this in seed form one way or the other. Bummer. :(

I don't think fems are 100% anyway though. I've had two fems that grew balls. :straightface:

You nailed the 3% odds I guess. Hooray! :straightface:

In the rear are two of those clones that I sometimes put into the mother's pot when I trim it up during flower. They were from the untopped GDP S1 plant I grew. In the front is a clone from the original GDP I S1'ed:

0032769.JPG

So I guess I'm going at it from another route. I'll turn the timer to 12/12, and as soon as I get some soil I'll separate those two clone/reveg plants into their own pots, make me some CS, and cube this idiot thing I'm tired of this plant makin' a monkey out of me I'm a chimp dammit we don't like monkeys! ;)

Man Chimp that is a bummer. As GT stated though males do some times show up in feminized seed stock which seems to be a kick in the chimp this time man. It is good you have other clones to work with to move forward with at least.

I had a straight male in a pack of fems last round. Sucks, but it happens.

I'm glad of that too especially since I have one S1 plant to work with at least I won't be starting all the way from scratch. I'll be getting some soil soon so I can separate those two S1s and get this project started. :thumb:
Ya it would suck having to start over again. You must go through a Chimp ton of soil man with all the plants you run. Do you recycle any of it ever?
I had a straight male in a pack of fems last round. Sucks, but it happens.
Ya I have seen it happen to a few people. I know I saw it happen to Conrad on one of his outdoor journals. I think it was a Green crack that did it to him. I have seen plenty of them hermie which sucks but at least you can still get something from it at that point.

Ya it would suck having to start over again. You must go through a Chimp ton of soil man with all the plants you run. Do you recycle any of it ever?

I knock the soil off the rootballs (if I can) and put the spent soilless mix outside in the flower beds. Yeah I've been thinking of going hydro due to the amount of soil I go through. Maybe a bale per month? $$$$$ :(

Do you remember how strong your colloidal silver spray was?

Here's the thread I followed to make my colloidal silver, posted by a late member here who called himself BID; he was a good man and a good grower. We all miss him a lot.

DIY How to Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Feminized Seed Production

I leave about 1/3 of the distilled water in the jar and boil 2/3 of the jar of water that way if I pour the water slow I don't have to worry about the jar breaking. It takes longer if the water is cooler. I thought mine was 50 PPM, but it's been a while since I made some.

Note: I took that GDP plant above that's close to chop out of the grow tent last night. It's about a week early, but I saw the beginning of grey mold near the top cola. I'll get a few pics up when I chop it. I can cut the infected part out and toss it on to my trim tray to tumble for kief. Ahh, it happens..... :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom