Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

To be honest there are just times I'm glad to put a plant to an end, and this is one of those (GDP clone):

0071962.JPG

It doesn't have long so I'll keep feeding it. :straightface:

Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 - total dry weight 1.75 oz.

0012913.JPG
0022812.JPG
0032697.JPG

Just like my LA Affie grow, this grow had that excessive shine to the leaves. The plant material has a slight taste to it, like the smell of grass clippings that didn't compost right and just dried into a hard mass. Otherwise, the buzz is good and growing it longer paid off.
As soon as I harvest the GDP S2 seeds and take pics of it, I'll close this journal.

Thanks this next GDP clone ended my lucky streak though >>>>>

0042518.JPG

My pH meter was off and I adjusted a compost tea incorrectly; it was yellowing up too soon already and that just put it under. Oh well, it's only got about 10 days left. I should pull all those leaves off. :)

Hey there PC - I wouldn't sweat the yellowing.. it's just fall in that there grow room! Looks good to me.

I bet the smoke from that is going to be top notch top shelf.

I've got a few strains that do exactly that every run. I got used to it.. there was nothing I could do to change it so I let it go.. every time I tried to "solve" the "problem" my yield would suffer. Some cultivars just loose fan leaves bulking up buds.

Thanks man :)
Well here's a not-so-good note. I did a rough inspection of all 3 parent plants in my S2 project, and so far haven't found a single seed. I'll do a final and thorough inspection before I call it a failed venture.
The first thing I'm going to get into when Indica season comes this Fall is a second GDP S2 attempt if there are no seeds here. One thing I'm going to do is only treat the lowers with CS; they don't seem to cluster as much, and the top may stay female. The other thing I'm going to do is start the treated S1 plant early, and when the male flowers start to show I'll start the S1 females.
Dang the one mother smelled nice and grapey too! :(

That seed looks infertile in real life. So here's the scoop :)
It's in a wet paper towel as of five minutes ago; if it lives I'm going to keep this journal open and go straight into the GDP S3 breeding project, using a clone I just took of the original GDP as a mother. If it doesn't live I'll go back to the first plan, which is to try again first thing in the Fall lessons learned.

The plant reversed okay, but by the time it did the two secondary mothers I put in with it were pretty far along. The CS treated plant clustered so bad with male flowers that when I shook it I didn't see a pollen cloud like I usually do with my other breeding projects. I even rubbed the treated plant against the other two mothers, but only got one seed from the dark purple S1 sister.
One good note though. That seed took so this journal is going to continue. :thumb:

I had to crack it with a pair of needlenose pliers :bitingnails: but the next day there was a tail so I put it in the soilless. I've had a few weak seeds not take so I'll keep my eye on it. Here's the latest GDP clone I put into flower a few days ago:

0062115.JPG

I trimmed it up after that pic.

Awesome job with that seed PC :thumb: I'm glad this journal will stay open. I really enjoy your GDP grows. I see people in Ziggys creating female seeds journal that stagger their plants so that the reversed one is flipped a couple of weeks before the mother's so that the timing is a little better. I understand your space is limited so it may not be feasible for you to do if that way.

Back
Top Bottom