Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

Yeah, with all the fuzzy stuff all over it ... dunno .... :straightface: :laugh:

It always freaks me out when I see that. My eyes aren't good enough to tell if it's mold or trichs unless I put on a second pair of cheaters, or take a pic and blow it up.

That's what I do! Here's an original GDP:

0032926.JPG

I've got another one in veg that's getting tall I need to get in there too.

I made an account just to ask you do you find that pre98bubba is always sorta droopy or is it that sensitive to overwatering? Reason I ask is the clone i picked up from DHN looks exactly like the one posted on the first few pages. Transplanted it into a hempy and have been seeing droopy leaves. Been stressing about it debating whether I should repot into dry media.

Update: A few of my journals got moved to abandoned due to me not putting any info so I thought I'd come on to post info. I'm not sure if any of the GDP S2s have seeds this time either. I chopped most of them already but haven't checked for seeds yet. I'll be doing 12 GDP x GDP seeds soon (from two different mothers; same father) and I just started a Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 today. Post pics soon.

Wow that wasn't very soon sorry 'bout that. :( Here's the latest on these, the Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 I added to this grow looks like it's going to make it:

0013194.JPG

Two original GDP cloned plants:

0023092.JPG

I'm trying to get a few S1 clones to take from that last grow, but they look rough. I'm going to check for seeds from the two different S2 projects I did tomorrow, and I'll put that polyploid GDP S2 into reveg afterwards. Probably in a week or so I'll start 12 regular GDP x GDP seeds and try to backcross to this original GDP with a good male. I ain't givin' up on this project I like this pot too much! :)

It's good to see you around again Chimp! I got worried there for a bit. You ever figure out if you got any seeds out of this last try?

You ain't gonna believe it..... :straightface:
All I have left to check on all four breeding plants (two normal GDP S1s; one being treated with CS, and two polyploid GDP S1s; one also being treated with CS) are the bottom halves of both polyploid plants. Both normal tops? No seeds. The rest of both normal plants? One severely underdeveloped seed from the untreated plant that had no embryo. Both polyploid tops?

0013197.JPG

Not one seed. I'm going to chop the polyploid plant that converted back to normal today, then check for seeds there when it's dry. I have the cool looking polyploid in reveg right now; I may trim it down some and check the buds I trim off for seeds in a few days. Man when I broke that double top up it looked like a pile of kief! Under a 125 watt CFL too! :)
As soon as I move my Ak47 plants out of the veg tent, I'm going to do 12 GDP x GDP seeds from two separate mothers (same father) I bred out a few years ago.
Oh, I put both of those GDP clones above into flower yesterday. They're small, but I need the room so I gotta get 'em going. Post more pics soon.

Got a few going :)
Note: I think the original reg GDP seeds I purchased were the first time the company put the seeds out, but it may have been the first time they were back in stock. I grew two grows, one with four seeds and one with six. I decided to breed a few of the plants out of that four plant grow. I saved me a nice evenly branched male and picked two separate mothers to put in with it, along with the last 818 Headband clone I had (that's where I got the seeds from the plants I have now). One of the mothers had less hairs and one of them had more hairs so I named them accordingly to designate the different mothers. I've grown plants out of that breeding and they looked excellent, but I got grey mold and had to chop them early.
Today I started six regular GDP x GDP seeds (more haired pheno) and six regular GDP x GDP seeds (less haired pheno). I'm going to backcross to the cloned GDP I've been keeping and pick two mothers again.
The Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 seedling is doing well now. I'm going to veg it for a longer time than usual. Post more pics soon.

None of the 12 seeds I'm germinating are opened up yet. I cracked every one of them slightly (to break the seam on them; they're all those coconut hard seeds you run into here and there). I've had a hard time with these seeds before.
This is a middle flower from that bodacious polyploid plant; it's in reveg right now. Keeping in mind that it was grown under a 125 watt CFL and it looks that good (the bulb was right on top of it, though) makes me anxious to see what it's going to look like grown under a 600 watt HPS:

0072165.JPG

How old are the seeds Chimp and how do you store them? You don't seem to usually have any issues germinating your seeds. I have seen people say that on older seeds they some times have to scuff them up using emery cloth or sand paper before hand. I also saw one guy state that with older harder shelled seeds he would have to some times crack them before germinatng.

I dumped about 20 seeds from both mothers into paper towels and as of this morning, I had to crack each and every one with a pair of needlenose pliers. The good news is that a few of them were easy to do like they were about to open up on their own. I just need six of each (I'll plant more if I get them). I've got two of the less haired mother seedlings up from the soil:

0101597.JPG

and a more haired mother seedling just coming up. Here's a few clones I took from an original GDP:

0081958.JPG

My Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 seedling:

0072170.JPG

I've got two original GDP plants that are starting to flower under a 125 watt CFL; as soon as I get them under the HPS I'll get up some pics. And I'll go through the part of the GDP S2 plant I haven't checked yet for seeds today :)

Notes: As to the GDP S2 project - I still haven't checked for S2 seeds on the lower half of the one polyploid plant I chopped (I'll get to it today). I have the other polyploid plant in reveg; I've squeezed a few of the lower flowers but I don't feel anything. As soon as I get a clone to take from it, I'll chop and dry it to do a final check for S2 seeds.
As to both groups of GDP x GDP seeds I just started - If what you get at the start when you order seeds is f1, then these seeds would be f2 and I'm breeding now for f3. I decided to call this next generation f2 to reflect how many times I personally crossed the parents. After the last germination only giving me three seedlings and starting again, I have thirteen seeds that have opened up from the less haired GDP mother (two are above the soil from the first germination), and eleven seeds that have opened up from the more haired mother (one is above the soil from the first germination).
Post pics soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom