Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Nice smashing Gramps! I used your 7gram in a tube tip and pre pressed like you mentioned last week. Funny, I got my first waterfalls! Thanks for the advice!
I'm here for more.
So I've smashed 4 like that and all have broken the bag. Do you do anything with the already finished end of the bag? I just let it be. I may have been a gram or two heavy too on two. I pick through them pretty close for stems.

Another funny thing is what comes out! Some are dry like Wedding Cake, and the last one, Peyote Forum came out as if I prepared it for a cart, nice and gooey. Have you come up with any thoughts on why some and not others?
I don’t have an answer except that each strain/cultivar has it’s own mixture of fats, lipids, etc. I do notice differences in the amount of heat and pressure during the press can cause differences in the texture. It’s fun to experiment if you have abundance of weed…I don’t have that luxury at the moment. I save all the pucks for later alcohol extraction.

do you pluck off trim your fan leaves b4 harvest.. ?

I usually do. Your plants are looking insane bro!

Grandpa Tokin,
What are some Must have tools or tips!
For making rosin.
Yes, I have a 7T press.
Thank you Sir
1. I like to use 120-160 micron bags/sleeves.
2. I use a mold to make my pucks.
3. Bottle tech with folded bag corners seems to work best for me.
4. Apply pressure slowly.
5. Use good parchment—slick stuff works really well.
6. I generally press for 4 minutes including a 1 minute warmup where the puck is firmly pressed between the heated plates and constant pressure is being achieved.
7. I keep an aluminum clipboard in the freezer to aid in collection.
8. Naturally you need two plates that are heated to smash with.
9. Remember that rosin will stick to itself…and anything it touches. Silicone pads are a must for me.

That’s all I got off the top of my head.
1649936233211.png
Yummy!!!! :love:

how long do you like to wait after harvest to press some buds?

im drying in bathroom hovering around the 61 relative humidity .. run hot water to ad some humidity
and the fan is 24/7 ..
I start pressing as soon as it’s dried. I start with the larf stuff that you wouldn’t usually smoke anyway. These pictures are from yesterday but the buds were crappy little airy things…now they’re rosin. :love: I can tell that your plants are going to yield some fantastic oils bud. Great job!

I don’t have an answer except that each strain/cultivar has it’s own mixture of fats, lipids, etc. I do notice differences in the amount of heat and pressure during the press can cause differences in the texture. It’s fun to experiment if you have abundance of weed…I don’t have that luxury at the moment. I save all the pucks for later alcohol extraction.

I usually do. Your plants are looking insane bro!

1. I like to use 120-160 micron bags/sleeves.
2. I use a mold to make my pucks.
3. Bottle tech with folded bag corners seems to work best for me.
4. Apply pressure slowly.
5. Use good parchment—slick stuff works really well.
6. I generally press for 4 minutes including a 1 minute warmup where the puck is firmly pressed between the heated plates and constant pressure is being achieved.
7. I keep an aluminum clipboard in the freezer to aid in collection.
8. Naturally you need two plates that are heated to smash with.
9. Remember that rosin will stick to itself…and anything it touches. Silicone pads are a must for me.

That’s all I got off the top of my head.

Yummy!!!! :love:

im pressing my puck in 90 bags for 3 mins max at about 195f

if you press to long you will cook the rosin and dry it out will become brittle.. so this would be a bit dependant on th e h2o in the buds as well.. recall pressing wetter buds sucks too..

how long you usually waite to press fresh buds ?

im pressing my puck in 90 bags for 3 mins max at about 195f

if you press to long you will cook the rosin and dry it out will become brittle.. so this would be a bit dependant on th e h2o in the buds as well.. recall pressing wetter buds sucks too..

how long you usually waite to press fresh buds ?

I start pretty-much as soon as it’s dried. I try to give a decent start to a cure, and that’s usually attainable if i start with the lower buds, and then work towards the top. By the time I’m ready to squeeze the mid/top buds they are cured as good as I want them.

I start pretty-much as soon as it’s dried. I try to give a decent start to a cure, and that’s usually attainable if i start with the lower buds, and then work towards the top. By the time I’m ready to squeeze the mid/top buds they are cured as good as I want them.
any how many days does that take for you?

any how many days does that take for you?
That depends on the yield of the plant, and how much I smoke. Normally, about a month or more before I’m smashing the mid/top buds. However, that’s very subjective. Many variables…I smoke a lot of rosin. :cheesygrinsmiley:

well ive come to the conclusion based on my own work at home a good cure is 4 months...but 6 is better

i just opening a outdoor blue berry jar curing up for 6 months and its is most excellent it was very derpressing to smoke at 2 or 3 months.. i leave 3 or 4 humidity packs in the jar 2 on bottom 1 on side 1 on top.. takes time
this blue berry was sprayed with acitic acid wash for pm too.. i could taste it for months but not now..

curing does wonders at 62% much better to smoke but way less rosin to press...

well ive come to the conclusion based on my own work at home a good cure is 4 months...but 6 is better

i just opening a outdoor blue berry jar curing up for 6 months and its is most excellent it was very derpressing to smoke at 2 or 3 months.. i leave 3 or 4 humidity packs in the jar 2 on bottom 1 on side 1 on top.. takes time
this blue berry was sprayed with acitic acid wash for pm too.. i could taste it for months but not now..

curing does wonders at 62% much better to smoke but way less rosin to press...

That nug looks extra tasty. Always wanted to grow blueberry

Do you mean citric acid? That’s what I use.
Why not try washing your buds at harvest? It makes the taste and texture top notch. I do a 3 stage wash 1. Citric acid 1%, 2. Baking soda (1/2c in 10l), 3. Rinse in RO H2O.

Do you mean citric acid? That’s what I use.
Why not try washing your buds at harvest? It makes the taste and texture top notch. I do a 3 stage wash 1. Citric acid 1%, 2. Baking soda (1/2c in 10l), 3. Rinse in RO H2O.

yes sorry ... citric lemons with dawn dish soap ...

i did wash the blueberry buds for outdoor grow peroxide wash and spun dry in salad spinner

Hi Grandpa.. finally pressed some rosin been a while .. 12 day old untrimmed pop corn buds
16% runny rosin amber golden colour

Back
Top Bottom