Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

Sticky! Beautiful harvest and the best part of trimming is when it's over :).

My back is gone. As usual. Still hate trimming. Oh well, now I have more meds...vicious cycle. :circle-of-love:

PS. The aroma in the flower room is all sweet with just her alone. Very thick with sweet candy and kerosene. She’s really pushing some greasy trichs too.

All three of these plants were very easy to grow in dwc. This one in particular, was only vegged for about a week before I threw her in here. I’d actually like to have a room full of these girls right here though. Easy to grow, doesn’t take up much room, and very straightforward nutes. Grows like this are fun; naturally, it’s easier when I’m only growing three little plants. I’m glad I don’t need more.

Thanks fellas! I’m having fun.

Hello, Sticky told me you're growing some Glues over here and I got some Herbie's glue seedlings and was wondering if you can point me to a page number or something so I can look at your pics?

Oh, also, I'm now subbed up!

Hello, Sticky told me you're growing some Glues over here and I got some Herbie's glue seedlings and was wondering if you can point me to a page number or something so I can look at your pics?

Oh, also, I'm now subbed up!

Here’s what the Mom looks like at the moment. Oh heck...here’s a few random Glue shots. Welcome aboard!

Man, thanks for the sparkly welcome! I hope my freebie glues turn out half as well. Is your whole grow DWC, or is that just for the mom?

Man, thanks for the sparkly welcome! I hope my freebie glues turn out half as well. Is your whole grow DWC, or is that just for the mom?

Thanks! All dwc except for what I put outdoors this summer.

Awesome! I haven't seen a hydro grower on here in months. It seems I keep subbing up to dirt journals for some reason. At any rate, I'm happy to be here and look forward to watching you work.

GG,
Question. Sometime back on one of your Blue Planet recipe. You stated you dropped the cal-mag and used Epsom salt
What rate per gal. And why do you stop the Cal.

Good question! The Epsom seemed to add a little to the bud size in the last weeks. It’s something I grew up with. I don’t know the science behind it. Grandma science. LOL! However, this last grow, I didn’t use any Epsom Salt and just eliminated the CalMag at week 5-6. None of them seemed to be any worse for the ware. I’m not planning on using the Epsom any longer. CalMag will be used “as necessary” in the final weeks of flower.

Good question! The Epsom seemed to add a little to the bud size in the last weeks. It’s something I grew up with. I don’t know the science behind it. Grandma science. LOL! However, this last grow, I didn’t use any Epsom Salt and just eliminated the CalMag at week 5-6. None of them seemed to be any worse for the ware. I’m not planning on using the Epsom any longer. CalMag will be used “as necessary” in the final weeks of flower.

I mix all my own from salts so I don't use a calmag mix, and regularly use Epsom for most of my mag and sulfur. I'm lost why you stopped the cal late in bloom, but aside from that, the higher mag and sulfur both contributed to producing more carbs and also enhanced the sweetness of your smoke with the sulfur. Traditionally, the consensus ratios for calcium-magnesium were 2-1, but I bumped my mag up from that by 50% so now my ratio is 1.5-1. I've only been using this ratio for about 2 weeks, but so far all looks well there. FWIW, I'm trying to up my brix levels so as to capture the super healthy nature of high brix plants. I'm inching my way to perfect feed regimens, and hopefully by adding some foliar sprays to my routine I will find some measurable amount of success. FWIW, Doc Bud thinks I will hit a brick wall when I mix and use the foliar sprays, so I will be low EC and super cautious as I go.

Back
Top Bottom