Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

The GSC Auto I finished last grow is already gone. I liked it. Not even close to this girl in smell or frost. I really like the aroma on this one. Heavy fuel/kerosine but really sweet. I haven’t smelled anything quite like it before. I can’t wait to try it.

Yes sir....pops is turning 80 and wants a birthday party so we will be out there in July. The plan is for Ms Stank and I to sneak out towards Glacier or Yellowstone for a few days during that time.

Yes sir....pops is turning 80 and wants a birthday party so we will be out there in July. The plan is for Ms Stank and I to sneak out towards Glacier or Yellowstone for a few days during that time.

I’m about 2 hours south of Glacier and 3 hours NW of Jellystone. Good place to get gas...

Sounds like you are in a good spot! We will stay in touch....would love to get together for a dab or two!

If you’re heading east or west on I-90 you’ll pass pretty close to my place around Missoula, MT. I know this old geezer who grows weed.

Probably could tell a good war story or two about being up in a helo!

You know....I don't miss a lot about the military but man do I miss the aircraft. Nothing quite as exciting as Naval Aviation. If you think aviation in general is cool.....move it on board a ship moving 20 mph and bouncing up and down in the waves....and you just moved it to a whole new level. Ever been launched off a carrier? Zero to 180 mph in less than 2 seconds. Ever landed on one? Fast as shit to stop in less than a blink of the eye. I miss that part of it.

I got to ride in cobra....pretty cool shit there. Not a lot of non drivers get that chance. And I will tell you what....that CH-53E is a big ugly mother, but god damn that thing can move! Even the old Huey and 46's were cool. I remember the old Gunny telling me "don't even bother learning anything about that Frog (nickname for the CH-46E), its gonna be replaced soon...not even worth messing with". LOL....well fast forward 20 years later and we were finally getting rid of the last squadron of 46s. I miss the sounds.

These last 7 years are the first years of my life that I didn't live near an aviation base of some sorts. You get so used to those sounds...jet engines or rotor blades.....didn't matter....the sound of freedom. Seems so odd not to hear them.

@Grandpa Tokin and @Van Stank and all other veterans and enlisted, THANK YOU from the deepest depths of my heart for your service and sacrifice for our beautiful red white and blue! Something I've had my eye on for a few months now is Powered Paragliding (PPG) which is essentially a flyable parachute and a back pack fan. YouTube is loaded with PPG channels and every video I watch makes me feel like I'm on a roller coaster even though they top out at like 40mph, lol. I've only flew commercial flights a couple times, but who would not want to be their own pilot? I think the highest elevation one guy went to was just over 18,000 feet w/o an O2 mask. Imagine that, flying up to 18k feet in a lawn chair? It doesn't matter though, extreme PPG or gentle flights along a river, it all looks so fun and relaxing. My favorite channel is Dell Shanze. The guy sounds intense, but his skill is second to none and he's an instructor that put his kids in the air when they were each about 10 years old. They're all young adults now.

Sorry, I can be wordy at times. I just wanted to pay my respects to my national heros and share another way both of you can get back in the sky for cheap with no license required.

Watch Dell's channel, he's got a decade of videos with him, his sons/nephews zipping around in tight canyons mere feet above a red river, zig zagging tall plateaus, or putting his wing end on the ground and emulating a low speed vomit comet. I like when he just randomly flies while ripping the PPG industry a new ass. I do hope I can get into PPG before I die. It just looks too fun and I would be in total control.

Back
Top Bottom