Graytail's 3rd: 4x4, HiBrix, Latest LED Tech, Lots Of Light!

Mornin Gray......wow ,what a shitload of new toys eh!:thumb:
I'm subbed for this one Gray.....i see your going to do Desfran too! Cool stuff, we can compare progress along the way bro ,as i'm leaning towards doing Desfran instead of Mazar again! Again Gray, many congrats on your massive win and look forward to seeing what you can do with unlimited lighting. Cheers eh .....Duggs.:high-five:

A new grow :) I'm in!

Great to have you onboard, J1! I :love: your DrG - hope it's going well. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:goodjob:
*watching and learning

Thank you, gentlemen. :blunt: This is going to upgrade my gear quite a bit. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mornin Gray......wow ,what a shitload of new toys eh!:thumb:
I'm subbed for this one Gray.....i see your going to do Desfran too! Cool stuff, we can compare progress along the way bro ,as i'm leaning towards doing Desfran instead of Mazar again! Again Gray, many congrats on your massive win and look forward to seeing what you can do with unlimited lighting. Cheers eh .....Duggs.:high-five:

Good to see ya, Duggan! Did you come back all sunburned n stuff, like a good Canuck? :laughtwo:

My Desfran is scheduled to get popped on Monday. :slide:

Sounds good so far gray. Subbed. Good luck. The xml is a great light.

It is! So far I really like it. It's cool to see the clear focus pattern on the walls, one for each of the ten big Crees. :cheesygrinsmiley: If things go right, I'll use it for the center of my bloom room, surrounded with basic 140 watt panels. I see that you like Advanced LED. :cheesygrinsmiley: Me too.

Not much is happening in the grow right now. I have three plants left in bloom - Carnival, Utopia Haze and Destroyer - which will all be harvested by the end of the month, and then I'll set up the 1 meter tent for the new girls coming along, while I upgrade the bloom room. That'll give me plenty of time to do a good job. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have baby pictures of the newest girls!

This is Buddha Haze x Blue Blood ...

DSCN73732.JPG

And here's Orange Hill Special, just peeking out. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSCN7374.JPG

Tikal is on deck, soon to be followed by Desfran.

:Namaste:

Mornin Gray!.....Ya ,sunburned a little.Wanted to do all the other stuff more than lie around baking in the sun....that was the G.F.'s idea.:;): About your strains .....excellent choices indeed. My Desfran soaked over night and was planted early this morning. They wern't split yet but looked real close so i planted them. hope to see them by the end of the week. I'l grow them nice and bushy but from all i've read about the strain we won't be able to tame them.....they just keep on growing ....up .no doubt.What i will try and do is try to get them growing 10 - 15 leaders ,then just try and keep them all as even up top as i can. With these big pots it'l be hard to control them ,i'm sure! Other growers have tried this and still have to supercrop them well into flower to just knock them down a bit. Should be fun eh Gray....i'l no doubt be a constant around here to keep a close eye on yours if ya don't mind ,since you have some good experience with Destroyer. Have you read about how Alberto from Argentina has worked with Desfran? I was totally un aware of all the awards it's won down in S.A.Hopefully out of the three seeds planted ,two will show! Have a great day Gray.....later.:Namaste::thumb:

Greytail, how many lights and what strength do you use over your seedlings? I always start with two 23 Watt, 5000 K over each with a Y adapter and then add another set between the pots after they've been up a week. Also, how long do you keep them under CFLs before you put them under the LEDs? This is unchartered territory for me with the LED. I want to get it right.

Hey Sweetsue, mornin to ya girl! About the lighting ,if i may......I start as you do under two 4foot t-8's. for the first three weeks or so ,then switch them over to my LEDS. but ease them into it .....by that i mean don't put them too close for the first week or so ,just to get them used to it. I've experienced no issues this way. Hope i helped Sue...have a great day eh! Duggs.:passitleft:

Things Duggan, that did help.

I put mine under the LEDs immediately but off to the side and about 4 ft away. :)

Is this your attempt to get the plants acclimated to the LED? Do you use any CFLs to germinate?

Hey Sue....i should prolly add, that mine always have to wait till my main G.R. is available(waiting for adults to finish) .i like to start my next crop when the flowering plants still have a good month to go so that gives the youngsters time to get going ,so to speak. If i could ,i would put them under the leds right away,which is ok if you ease them into them like Gray says. Cheers.

Things Duggan, that did help.

Is this your attempt to get the plants acclimated to the LED? Do you use any CFLs to germinate?

Exactly, SweetSue! No CFLs used.. I read article, maybe I can track it down that said exact thing..gets the seedling acclimated and used to the LED. I have a few CFLs not used since my first grow last year. I use the same tent and lights from seed to harvest 11/13 :)

Thanks guys. I planted this morning and the light is on it's way to DormGrow for refurbishing. As soon as I get it back I will mount it and get them going under it. As it is now, they may get about a week's head start, depending on how quickly they germinate. That should be inconsequential.

Exactly, SweetSue! No CFLs used.. I read article, maybe I can track it down that said exact thing..gets the seedling acclimated and used to the LED. I have a few CFLs not used since my first grow last year. I use the same tent and lights from seed to harvest 11/13 :)

I've been following your 11/13 lighting schedule DrZiggy and you've convinced me to follow that when I start with Photos. I want to see if my soil can perform as valiantly under that schedule. For now I'm growing autos again, so I'll be starting out at 18/6 and diminishing by half hour increments to 12/12 beginning in the 6th week. My first grow responded well to this approach.

What persuaded you to try 11/13?

I've been following your 11/13 lighting schedule DrZiggy and you've convinced me to follow that when I start with Photos. I want to see if my soil can perform as valiantly under that schedule. For now I'm growing autos again, so I'll be starting out at 18/6 and diminishing by half hour increments to 12/12 beginning in the 6th week. My first grow responded well to this approach.

What persuaded you to try 11/13?

A few HBers including Doc have mentioned using it after flipping from growth to bloom instead of 12/12. Less have tried or journaled their grow 11/13 from seed. Yields are less, but faster by 3 weeks or so. I will have more info about the time this week and next when several plants are done.

I've been running 11/13 in the bloom room for several months now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And I've been running 18/6 for veg, but now that I have the Par-Force in there, I'm going to up it to 20/4.

I've been starting my seeds under four 23 watt CFLs in a reflector. I'd leave them under that setup until a week or so after transplanting to 1.5 gallons. From there they went under a hybrid setup with a 100W LED, 250W MH and some CFL reflectors. For now, I'm only running the 190W Par-Force LED panel to see how well it performs. That should support several 1.5 gallon girls. I have the 250W MH if I think I need it.

In the old barn days, we ran 9/15 under all MH - HPS was kinda new-fangled and expensive. :laughtwo: Sheesh, we coulda done a lot better. :laughtwo: Anyway, we believed it helped keep hermies away and shortened the blooming period. We were growing brickweed Columbian bagseed, so we had to weed out a lot of bad phenos. We started with 80+ seeds and ended up with a handful of good ones after a few generations of clones. A couple of 'em were Very good. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Tikal is a vigorous lil one - cracked her shell and grew a tap root in the first 36 hours. :thumb:

She's in soil now and Desfran is in water. Next up will be Panama. :slide:

A few HBers including Doc have mentioned using it after flipping from growth to bloom instead of 12/12. Less have tried or journaled their grow 11/13 from seed. Yields are less, but faster by 3 weeks or so. I will have more info about the time this week and next when several plants are done.

But we all acknowledge that quality trumps quantity. If your quality is consistent but your yield is not incredibly deficient, the savings in energy cost and the ease of running the same schedule would justify it. Why am I not following your journal? Let's fix that.

I've been running 11/13 in the bloom room for several months now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And I've been running 18/6 for veg, but now that I have the Par-Force in there, I'm going to up it to 20/4.

I've been starting my seeds under four 23 watt CFLs in a reflector. I'd leave them under that setup until a week or so after transplanting to 1.5 gallons. From there they went under a hybrid setup with a 100W LED, 250W MH and some CFL reflectors. For now, I'm only running the 190W Par-Force LED panel to see how well it performs. That should support several 1.5 gallon girls. I have the 250W MH if I think I need it.

In the old barn days, we ran 9/15 under all MH - HPS was kinda new-fangled and expensive. :laughtwo: Sheesh, we coulda done a lot better. :laughtwo: Anyway, we believed it helped keep hermies away and shortened the blooming period. We were growing brickweed Columbian bagseed, so we had to weed out a lot of bad phenos. We started with 80+ seeds and ended up with a handful of good ones after a few generations of clones. A couple of 'em were Very good. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Tikal is a vigorous lil one - cracked her shell and grew a tap root in the first 36 hours. :thumb:

She's in soil now and Desfran is in water. Next up will be Panama. :slide:

:slide:

All that available light Greytail. You must feel like you're in grower Heaven. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom