GrEeNdAyZ - DIY CFL - White Widow - Indoor Soil - No Tent - Winter '17

Nov. 16th. 62 days above soil. 52nd day of veg.

I'm good with this.

IMG_244133.JPG
IMG_244235.JPG
IMG_244330.JPG

Nov 17th. 63 days above soil. 53rd day of veg.

The plant was ready for watering today and as planed, I'd did a big flush. My process, I PH a 5gal pail of water. Then I probably ran about 3gal through the pot...run off was almost clear. While that drains I mixed up a full gallon of the same solution I have been using; 1tbls Epsom Salt, 3ml CalMag, 5ml Micro, 5ml Grow, 2.5ml Bloom and 1ml Floralicious Plus. Then, using two Solo cups and equal parts of nute solution and plain PH'ed water, I mix them back and forth until combined then feed the plant with the 50% solution. Put another 1500ml through the pot.

IMG_244935.JPG
IMG_245026.JPG

Decided to remove the lowest growth on each main.

IMG_245134.JPG
IMG_245230.JPG

Now that my structure is established, I'm not sure if I should veg for another month or induce flower now. My intent has been to focus on just the 8 colas, no side branches or popcorn...I'll think about it...let me know what you think.

There looking nice and healthy green,

Me personally I'd give them a week or 2 to set then flip, your gonna get some stretch after the flip so it'll get alot bigger.
Besides I think you need some flower action after your patience and hard work in veg.

You're doing great! I'd give it longer to recover from the training, at least a month, before you flip. Keep pinching out the lower growth, so as not to take any nutrition from the growing tips.

She needs a rest before she is forced to flower. If you rush the process, your yield will be smaller.

As for the stretch, you can switch her when she is about half the overhead height you have laid out in your grow area. Be prepared to provide support for the arms. Anything will do to prevent them falling over or breaking as they put on more leaves and buds.

I always counted veg time from the day the seed broke ground. So that would make the ladies 66 days old. Now that gives you 2 months, or 4 days shy of 10 weeks.

You have a choice, if you are in a hurry, to switch them now, or to give them 2 more weeks to beef up and rest from the training for a bigger yield. Since mainline training slows down the vegging process, my advice would be to give those ladies their 2 weeks, and only trim out unneeded growth on the scaffold.

Nov 22nd. 68 days above soil. 58th day of veg.

Plant is 18" at its widest and still only 5" off the soil.

IMG_247335.JPG
IMG_247429.JPG

IMG_247526.JPG

The pot was super light this morning. I'll follow the advice of AKGramma and smeg and let it grow out for atleast a couple weeks. Therefore, I fed the same late growth formula as before. To a gallon; 1Tbs Epsom, 3ml CalMag, 5ml Micro, 5ml Grow, 2.5ml Bloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus all PH'd to 6.3. Ran 2500ml through the pot. Applied some new wires to restore the canopy to level.

IMG_247737.JPG
IMG_247632.JPG

How big is her pot? If it is under 5 gallons/19 liters, and you want a really full plant, now is the time to up-pot her for the flowering phase a couple weeks from now. That two weeks will also get her firmly settled in

I use 3 gallon tall kitchen trash bins because of a lack of floor space and ease in moving around, but many of our more accomplished growers go 5 gallons or more. A good rootball makes a huge difference in health and yield.

I see that some lucky houseplants are sharing the grow area! Good idea!

BTW, I don't know how often you are feeding, but you CAN overdo it. Water well when needed, but every watering does not have to have nutes. Maybe once a week while actively growing. Just a thought.

Yes Gramm's, I may have too much going now with plans to start more. Once fall rolls around and the garden starts to die back I start getting disappointed that the outdoor season is over. Then I take way, way more cutting then needed of the annuals I liked from summer. Add to that that I can't walk by ugly nursery stock without looking to see if their is a Bonsai tree inside and before you know it you stop counting.

I'm sure I'm over feeding. I'm good with letting the pots dry so watering will of course very. At the moment I'm watering/feeding every 3rd day. Two weeks ago it was more like every 5th day. I have been following GH's recommendations and fresh water irrigate after two or three feedings. This week I'll flush after only two feedings. I have some burnt leaf tips. In the past I have followed up a flush with 50% solution of what ever formula I'm feeding, this time Im just going to let it ride after the flush until it's looking for water again.

Back
Top Bottom