GrEeNdAyZ - DIY CFL - White Widow - Indoor Soil - No Tent - Winter '17

Nov 27th. 73 days above soil. 63rd day of veg.

Looks all good to me. To me, it looks as though the plain water flush was beneficial.

IMG_261223.JPG
IMG_261323.JPG

I'm not sure if you will be able to see in these pictures what I did. Since I'm trying to focus as much of the plants energy, evenly, on just the eight main colas, I want to limit side branching. So leaving the fan leaves, I removed a bunch of growth tips that are stretching and certainly becoming branches. My intent is to continue this practice into flower.

IMG_261426.JPG
IMG_261523.JPG

Ok, so this is the plan as I see it and why. I'm going to let the plant(s) go to 75 days from seed. On Wednesday I'll change the timer to a 12/12 schedule. Thursday the 30th will be the first day of flowering light schedule.

Again, my goal was to always end up with just the 8 flowers in a nice neat package. You'll see below, the framework of the green house shelf I'm using. The plan was to keep the plant within this frame of 2'x1.25', that's also roughly the dimensions of the light. The main plant is right on track for that plan but since the top rooted, I'll keep them together to flower.

IMG_261723.JPG

Without the top, I'd have more real estate and could let the main plant go for weeks. But that brings me to my next thought. Since I plan to remove any side branching, there's not much point growing it. I'm thinking of the grows I've seen in solo cups...guys go 12/12 right away flowering before the plant runs out of root space. They end up with one plump bud on top of a stem...that's what I'm looking for, only 8 times...lol.

Also, as the plant stretches in transition to flower, the framework of the stand is there for support, I have bamboo cut to cross the shelf if required. Plus I was planning another plain watering before feeding again and that will work out well to introduce a new Transition formula of nutrients.

Nov 29th. 75 days above soil. 65th day of veg.

Provided a fresh water irrigation today as planed and switched my timers to a 12/12 schedule.

IMG_265619.JPG
IMG_265715.JPG

I feel as though there could be a deficiency showing, however there is clearly older damage from toxicity so after two plain water feedings I'll just keep an eye on it as we transition to flower. I'm sure it will only be a couple of days until she's thirsty again at which time I'll introduce a new mix of nutrients.

Dec 2nd. 78 days above soil. 3rd day in a 12/12 lighting schedule.

Ok peeps...your valued help is required. My twisted White Widow has what I believe to be a deficiency. Let me refresh your memories with the details. The medium is ProMix Veg & Herb potting soil. Using a 2g nursery pot. I use GH nutes, I follow their Drain to Waste mixes. I add Epsom and CalMag+ to my solution. I have also been misting with a light mix of Epsom Salts. My temps stay between 70-80*. Humidity is typically low as I'm growing in an open unfinished basement...normally only high 30's at best. I let the soil completely dry between feedings and fresh water irrigate after 2 or 3 feedings. I water until I have a good run off. Just performed a large flush in the last couple of days. I do PH both mixed nutes and plain water, I shoot for 6.3. My tap water sits for atleast 24 hours before use.

To me, leaves, new and old, are showing light yellow spotting or are a bright green like you would see in a N deficiency however some leaf tips are burnt like a nute burn. Some leaves also have small brown dots on them. I'm stuck between a magnesium or potassium deficiency. The way the light spotting is, looks like a mag issue but the brown dots and transition to flower points me at the K.

So, the plant was ready for a feed today. My transition formula in a gallon is: 1tbls Epsom Salt, 4ml CalMag, 4ml Micro, Grow and Bloom, 1ml Florolicious Plus all PH'ed to 6.3. Ran a good 2500ml through the pot. I did increase the CalMag from 3 to 4ml and the Bloom amount has increased from my previous feedings due to the transition to flower.

IMG_266330.JPG
IMG_266425.JPG
IMG_266237.JPG

Back
Top Bottom