GrEeNdAyZ - DIY CFL - White Widow - Indoor Soil - No Tent - Winter '17

Leaves, once damaged, don't heal up. They are a one-time deal.

Watch the new leaves for current health of your lady.

Beautiful little girl, BTW. You might want to let her veg for 90 days, since your training slowed her down. A big, strong plant with a big root system will give you a better yield.

Nov 4th. 50 days from seed! 40th day of veg.

Watered and fed today. I use GH's Waste to Drain program schedule. Same mix as the last two irrigations - per gallon - 3ml CalMag, 5ml Micro, 5ml Grow, 2.5ml Bloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus. I also added 1tbls of Epsom Salt. I PH to 6.3 after mixing. Ran about 2500ml through the pot. Debated about removing some leaves but decided to leave it another day.

IMG_237435.JPG
IMG_237529.JPG

Nov. 7th. 53 days above soil. 43rd day of veg.

Temp. H/L: 80-73*
RH. H/L.: 59-44%

Plant is now 9-1/2" wide and only 2-1/2" off the soil.

When I refer to the front of the plant, the tip that I damaged the most and is the furthest behind is on the left or bottom left of the photos.

Front

IMG_237928.JPG

Back & Canopy

IMG_238026.JPG
IMG_238126.JPG

Here I removed the lowest growth on each arm and removed the ties.

IMG_238229.JPG
IMG_238336.JPG

Adjusted each of the 8 mains to what will be their final location. Two or three will need atleast one more adjustment. I think you can see the final structure.

IMG_238539.JPG
IMG_238631.JPG
IMG_238729.JPG

I'm subbed in G. That's some hard ass training you got going there. Looks awsome! I've got myself 5 white widow autos goin right now. Just topped and a bit of lst so far.

Nov. 10th. 56 days above soil. 46th day of veg.

IMG_240537.JPG
IMG_240632.JPG
IMG_240731.JPG

Here's a couple of shots with the bindings removed. Front & canopy.

IMG_240834.JPG
IMG_240932.JPG

Reapplied the restraints. I did remove a pair of growth tips and fan leaves from each main yesterday. The one long main, top left, it was growing strait up. I did some "supercroping" on it so it now sticks straight out. I'm hoping it will slow it down a bit plus I'm trying to provide dominance to the short main in the middle.

Front & canopy.

IMG_241033.JPG
IMG_241131.JPG

Nov. 13th. 59 days above soil. 49th day of veg.

With yesterday's feeding, trim and train, there wasn't much to do today. I have been having an issue with humidity though. Now that winter has come to the area, and I hate the cold, our furnace is now in use.

If you haven't read from the beginning, I'm not using a tent of any kind. I originally started in a spare bedroom but got kicked out of there. Lol. So relegated to the basement. So I'm just in an open, unfinished basement, on a shelf, with a home made CFL light and a fan.

I do have a humidifier but in such a large space I'm not sure it would be effective. So I've been able to keep the humidity closer to 50% by filling the ribs of my drip tray with water multiple times a day as well as a couple of mistings. Not practical for most people I'm sure but I'm home 99% of the time.

IMG_242521.JPG

IMG_242624.JPG

I think I'm happy with the position of each main now. I'll just let them grow upwards now. Should be able to remove the existing wires in the next few days I would think. Here's a couple random undercarriage shots.

IMG_242720.JPG
IMG_242824.JPG

My side project clone, that was the original top of my main plant, had a good case of N deficiency after being moved to soil. I didn't document it, I'm an idiot I know. I know I like to see clear examples of issues when trying to diagnose trouble and now I realize that a picture of a bright green plant could have been helpful for someone. Anyway, one good feeding with the same solution as the other plant and 3 - 4 days of misting with a light Epsom Salt solution and it looks like this...it was nuclear green a few days ago.

IMG_242928.JPG
IMG_243027.JPG

Nov. 15th. 61 days above soil. 51st day of veg.

Plant is now just short of 18" at its widest and 3.5" off the soil. I think everything is on track. Some evidence on leaf tips that I maybe pushing the nutrients a little hard. Planning on a thorough flushing for the next feeding anyway so I think that's good timing. I'm thinking I'll remove atleast one more set of growth sites on each main at the same time.

IMG_243830.JPG
IMG_243931.JPG

I'm not sure if you can really see it but I adjusted each tip to as level as possible and did some leaf tucking.

IMG_244031.JPG

Back
Top Bottom