GrEeNdAyZ - DIY CFL - White Widow - Indoor Soil - No Tent - Winter '17

Well I hope it made you laugh at least once. I do take growing and the growing environment serious but wanted to express to anyone that might be new to this that you dont have to have all the best or most popular equipment to enjoy growing and still get a decent product. Honestly, I stressed over the things I made fun of. I know now that I can just relax at let it all happen.:thumb:

Oct. 19th. 34 days above soil. 24th day of veg.

All looking good. I'm going to make some adjustment, make a snip here and there. I'll update again later in the day.

IMG_229637.JPG
IMG_229727.JPG

Ok, both sides of my hub had 5 clearly defined nodes. I decided to top back to the third node. A couple of reasons for this. First, I wanted to make sure to build lots of strength into this bottom structure as before and second, the nodes beyond the third were no longer symmetrical.

Here's the third node on each side prior to topping.

IMG_229827.JPG
IMG_229932.JPG

Here they are after the second topping.

IMG_230028.JPG
IMG_230129.JPG

Here I have removed all the other growth tips that had formed, leaving their fan leaves. Also re-bound the two original sides trying to keep them as level as possible...I did apply some "supercroping" pressure to each side in an effort to make them straight and strong.

IMG_230227.JPG

Here's the new canopy shot. The now four growth tips will be trained to grow 90* off the central hub. Ill give it a few days to recover and grow a bit before I start that, I'll remove more fan leaves once I get to that point. Once these four tips grow out, I'll top one more time on each to get to 8 and then let the plant do its thing.

IMG_230330.JPG

Subbed.
Now this is going to be some helluva waiting time.. Considering I flipped mine on day 41 avove ground, you're way more patient than me..

Hey thanks for popping over...hope you don't mind me stealing your daily update style!

LOL...yes, I have a ways to go...luckily I have more than I need on hand so I can take some time and mess around with this one.

No, I don't mind. Maybe because mine is not daily... it is every 12 hours.. lol I am doing this to have a reference journal for my future grows, as for quite some time the only space available for growing to me will be this same cabinet. So knowing it inside out and having a ton of pics taken every 12 hours will do me good.
Yeah, good to have your hands full :) I was considering manifold, also I have a few White Widow beans at my disposal for my next grow, so I will see how it goes for you and decide whether I'll take my chances with it :)

No worries bud, unless the branch is hanging off you well alright..you'll know when you go to far, they'll be a loose branch in your hand.ha ha.

hey nice start, and i love the diy setup, want to create something similar, really enjoy bonsai'ing my plants ,,subbed up hopefully everything goes smoothly for you! will be keeping an eye out
good vibes brother ~~
also here is a mainline grow that i saw on youtube i am sure you have seen it
by dirtman dan YouTube
you going for something like this??

hey nice start, and i love the diy setup, want to create something similar, really enjoy bonsai'ing my plants ,,subbed up hopefully everything goes smoothly for you! will be keeping an eye out
good vibes brother ~~
also here is a mainline grow that i saw on youtube i am sure you have seen it
by dirtman dan YouTube
you going for something like this??

Hey Lemon Scent,

Thanks man!

I hadn't come across Dirtman Dan yet...so thanks for that...but ya that's what I'm hoping for...lesser number of flowers though.

Oct. 23rd. 38 days above soil. 28th day of veg.

Crappy! Went to far with one of the tops. The other side is healing but still to tender to train so I'll have to let it ride for a bit. Lol.

IMG_231725.JPG
IMG_231823.JPG

Doesn't look too bad. Just let that side grow out one or two more nodes to replace the one you lost. You can still keep an even canopy, since you are so early in the mainlining process.

A hint, wait till the plant is slightly wilted (asking for water) and do your tie-downs while the branches are slightly soft. Less likely to break a stem. Then water as usual, and she will adapt nicely.

Added: Oh, and while I think of it, I don't know what size pot you have her in, but if you plan to up-pot her, better do it now, while she is small. Go directly to her final pot, and she will grow like mad to fill it with new roots.

Back
Top Bottom