GrEeNdAyZ - DIY CFL - White Widow - Indoor Soil - No Tent - Winter '17

It certainly won't kill it...I hope...look at it this way, the root system has developed enough in 17 days to support the plant as it was (the same size as yours in fact)...now that same root mass only has to feed the two growing tips.

Check this crazy journal for an even more extreme Grow.
Vex's 1st Fluxing - Be Gentle - Cookies Kush - PS Dwarf Star - RADDWC - Dewey Misters

I love your setup by the way Why Doe!

Thanks for looking man!

Oct. 13th. (Friday the 13th) Day 28 above soil. 18th day of veg.

IMG_225925.JPG
IMG_226025.JPG

Like you, I am a DIY, on the cheap, grower, using grow units assembled out of wire shelving. The plants don't care how much $ I spend on their environment. ;-)

You are welcome to share on my journal, as we both have the same approach to growing indoors. :)

Like you, I am a DIY, on the cheap, grower, using grow units assembled out of wire shelving. The plants don't care how much $ I spend on their environment. ;-)

You are welcome to share on my journal, as we both have the same approach to growing indoors. :)

Hey gramma...thanks for checking in!...as soon as I get today's post up, I'll be over...incidentally, made a trip to my favourite thrift store yesterday, picked up two timers, a power bar, 6 more CFL's, a role of garden wire and a 200pc bag of zip ties for $9.50.

Looking good so far. I think you'll do better than I did, when I tried to mainline a couple of older clones. Their scaffolding never beefed up enough to support the extra arms. I had to place a tomato cage around one of them for support. I wasn't impressed by the yield, either.

You, on the other hand, are starting out with fresh, seeded plants. You'll get a thicker scaffolding from your WWs.

Thanks Gram's...my understanding was that the symmetrical growth from seed was preferable. Although I understand it is possible with the correct clone.

That is correct! Since I didn't have a young seedling at the time, I had to experiment with revegged mothers. now THAT was a challenge, that resulted in a modest harvest. Nothing to write home about. ;-)

Clones' nodes are alternating, unless taken when the mother is very young, before she begins to mature. You would need an alternating clone with very right nodes to mainline in a symmetrical manner.

It CAN be done with alternating nodes if support is provided via a cut-down tomato cage. This arrangement allows you to slide the longer branch around the circle till the canopy is even again.

Thanks for the info...I think I'll leave revegging for experimentation way down the road...LOL...now that you mention sliding longer branches around the ring, I do remember reading that.

The whole point of the mainlining method is to keep a consistent canopy, as well as increasing the number of colas. I am sure we came across the same tutorial. He made is sound easier than it is...:laughtwo:

:laughtwo:...yes I agree. It did seem a simple read eh! I should be topping in the next couple of days here, that takes me from 2 to 4. Hopefully that goes as well as step one has. I'm intending to use the frame of my little greenhouse thingy as the tomato cage. So far this plant has stayed shot with fairly tight node's so I'm hoping that will be to my advantage...really just want eight even flowers and a nice symmetry to the structure.

Oct. 18th. Day 33 above soil. 23 days of veg.

I feel as though I'm on track. Both ends now have 3 clearly defined nodes.
Played around with an oil infusion today so will adjust the position of my base and look to top again. If I do make the second top, I'll also remove all growth tips with the exception of the 4 that were created at the top location. I think I'm going to leave some/all of the fan leaves this time for a bit.

IMG_227136.JPG
IMG_227229.JPG

Back
Top Bottom