Greenthumb J's BCNL Producer Grow - 800w DWC - First Grow Ever! Multi-Strain

Re: Greenthumb J's BCNL "Producer" grow. 800w DWC - first grow ever! Multi-Strain

But I'm gona take Chronichempdogs advice and go for less plants in a scrog next go around.. Probably 2 plants in my grow box.. One under each 400w light. They will be topped, FIM'd and LST'd to bush out in the box.

BC Northern lights claims you get yields of 1-2 pounds dried from the 18 plants.. I aim to do that with only 2

Re: Greenthumb J's BCNL "Producer" grow. 800w DWC - first grow ever! Multi-Strain

Anything would help Greenthumb, your gonna be losing a lot of light out the front side of your grow area, even if you can't get hold of something like a roll of Mylar, you could use a white curtain and hang it literally where a shower curtain would go around the edge of the bath. The heat should still rise up and out of the top so that shouldn't be a problem.:thumb:

I got a hold of a 58" x 80" mylar emergency blanket that I plan to put up tonight..

Earlier today, I had to change the water res on the mother buckets cause water temps got too high yesterday and caused some brown slime to form (I think it's from the super b+.. Its a brown colourer nute,) Probably was okay, but I rinsed all the roots and refilled the buckets with colder nute filled water and taped over the holes for the air lines so no light leaks into the water res.

I have two options.
1. Mother light stays on 24 hours and I build a recirculating DWC to keep water temps down.. Lots of work and I don't want to spend more money.

2. I put the light on a 16/8 timer.. Or 18/6.. And just fill the bathtub with cold water to keep the buckets cool. I'll add frozen 2L bottles of water to keep temps lower as the summer months progress.

This is where I stand. I don't want to kill my mothers will warm water temps and perfect environments for fungus, mold and other problems.. And I don't wanna have a 300+ hydro (electric) bill every 2 months!!

Im not looking to grow monster mother's, as I have to figure out how I'm moving them at the end of the year when I move to a house.

Was thinking of building a cab similar to what I have the mothers in, with some battery powered air pumps and a light wired up to a battery just to make the trip in the moving truck to new place. from there, i can just use the cab I built for the mothers to keep them alive and well, rather than taking up a bathtub again.

Or I flower them out before I move and start over fresh in my new place.. However, I'm not really wanting to start from seed again.
The mothers are looking very healthy. I gotta get my ass to Rona or hompe depot for my scrog supplies. Already bought a trellis net but now I need to size it up and attatch it to a frame to keep the flowering plants under control

I want to start taking clones, but I got no light for them, and I leave for Vegas in like 29 days.. Everything is dialed in now.. Water temps are golden, plants all look amazing.. I feel like I should be doing something other than sitting back and waiting for weekly res changes!!

There are a lot of variables, but one easy way to move mothers would be to not move them.
(Sounds kind of Zen, doesn't it?)
You can take clones of your mothers, make sure the clones are rooting and flower the mothers out.
You lose a few weeks of clone production, but you are moving seedlings, which can be carried in rock wool and a plastic bag.

It makes sense to clone mothers every year or so. Younger plants over two months make healthier clones.
The DNA in a clone usually stays true for dozens of generations.

:peacetwo:

He plans on moving in 6 or 7 months I think, so whether in flower or veg will still be a pain. I think if it were me, I'd do pretty much what you said too and take some clones like 10 weeks prior to moving and flip the original to harvest at about move time; and figure out what I want to do with the new "baggage" when the time came. If nothing else, could always just clone the clone for an easy transport and throw the rest away worst case scenario.

I really want as little down time between my last grow in my apartment, and my first grow in my new house.

I'm thinking I'll trim down the ladies to fit them in the grow box, and just start fresh in my new place.. I gotta build my flowering room once the new place is ready so probably just start a couple new strains

Gave a few crazy shooting Sativa's a light super cropping. Bent over the stem till they laid flat. I could feel the stem tissue breaking inside as I bent. No snapped stems just bent over. Not sure this is the correct method, but from what I have read, its pretty close. Hopefully those particular plants don't decide to shoot up even more because of it.

Can't seem to upload photos on my Android phone as my laptop is on the fritz and needs to be repaired. Will try to post a picture later

I really want as little down time between my last grow in my apartment, and my first grow in my new house.

I'm thinking I'll trim down the ladies to fit them in the grow box, and just start fresh in my new place.. I gotta build my flowering room once the new place is ready so probably just start a couple new strains

Seems to me if you do the math, constantly harvesting should put you right at December for the last one. Then just move the cloner full and rock. Only down time will be the new veg period.

The problem with math is the sativa has a considerably longer flower period. I figure when I get back from Vegas, they will have about 4-7 weeks left of flowering. If I go clone on the next grow, I can flower out the mom by end of the year. My other 2 strains I have in my bathroom I can most likely get in 3 possibly 4.. But like Chronichemphog suggested, I'm going to try like 2 plants and scrog them and fill up the cab with 2 instead of the 11 I have now which will quickly fill up the cab in less than a week from now and still have 8+ weeks to go.

So I just chatted with the woman and we discussed flowering out all the moms by end of the year and moving with no plants and setting up fresh in the new space. However that means starting from seed again. I do have 9 great white shark seeds left still, but I want to try an auto flowering and some other strains, and the idea of having to move with plants seems like more of a hassle than i want. I'm already moving which sucks enough

If the issue is the movers from a moving company, consider renting a van and placing all your plants inside the vannon moving day. Having been a mover and paid movers, we HATE moving plants. If you tell them the van is full of plants and garden tools, they will be grateful. Then you drive the van to the new place yourself.

If you are moving yourself, sounds like you want to maintain your routine in the grow. So maintain it as much as possible. Pick a time when there aren't many people people around and discretely move your plants and equipment.

Me personally, as I said before, I would plan to travel with a box of clones.

If you have a friend you can really trust. You could ask them to hold on to the girls for 2 days before and one week after the main move.

Just like growing techniques, the choice is yours..

Very helpful ideas Radogast.. I like the idea of a friend holding onto the mothers..

Problem is not the movers.. I'll let them know that plants are being transported.. Its the actual moving of everything from my floor to the moving truck. I'm thinking of converting my current light stand in my bathroom to a full on cab complete with locking castor wheels so I can just roll it on out and into the moving truck. If i have plants growing come move time.. They will either be transplanted in the mother cab I will build or in the grow box that I will plug into a portable generator while being moved so I don't drown any roots.

The girlfriend and I also discussed flowering whatever plants remaining off and start from fresh in the new space..

Here's a little update..

My laptop is still on the fritz and I can't seem to insert photos in the quick reply box on my phone.. I have a few photos, but other than my screen going into the grow box to keep the Sativa's down and pulling a male sativa plant out of the grow box, there's not much to report.

I really need my laptop to be working :( this mobile updating is getting lame

I actually miss my smart phone... It broke and now I'm using an old 2nd gen. Droid. Ugh! :rip:

That's why my pics haven't been great.

Yea I'm using my Samsung galaxy nexus and for some reason I can't upload any pics to a reply.. But I can upload to my photo gallery..

So if anyone wants to see my scrog I built and the male plant I pulled, feel free to check my photo gallery.. Got a good shot of the stretching ladies.. The moms in my bathtub are reallyenjoying their new homes.. Although the warmer temps in the water make the super b+ turn the submerged roots a little darker, a little rinse in the sink and they're pearly white again!

I need some more things to do for this grow! Can it be harvest time yet? Haha

Thinking of making Heisenbergs tea tomorrow for res change..

The tea calls for Aquashield. I already use Aquashield in my water res and I love it.. Anyone who doesn't use it for hydroponics really should! Gotta get to the hydrostore and get the stuff I need

You're the man Radogast! Thanks a bunch!

I'm gona get my laptop fixed tomorrow as well as construct the cloning tub cause I got a buddy who just cropped his grow and is wanting some clones soon

Back
Top Bottom