Groovy Bud's Revenge Grow Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Blue Dream DWC

I'm glad to see they're feeding so well. That's a great sign. The heavy feeding usually keeps up to about the end of week 5 of flowering & then levels off while they finish.
Feed them hard in week 5.

Yeah. Once they hit their "plateau" phase, I'm convinced that's when Overdrive comes in, to maintain bud swelling growing rates instead of reducing them naturally over time, up until the end of flowering.

I found that it is used as some kind of "ripener" agent.

By the way, I changed the fixture's positioning perpendicularly, as it was before during vegging. Now I'll be changing it every 3 days to cover different room angles.

Still no room to put that oscilattory fan. RH has been around 43% with a good canopy temperature. I see some transpiration on leaves that are directly under another, but I've been able to suck all that moist air and keep humidity at decent rates.

Checked today and noticed some more pistils coming from the same area as the first pre-flowers, still it seems so delayed.

I don't know if I'm trying to rush things here, but it's been 11 days since flip and I don't see mind blowing bud growth. Just a couple more pistils around the same area. There still is some stretch hapenning tho.

Only time will tell now.
:Namaste:

Checked today and noticed some more pistils coming from the same area as the first pre-flowers, still it seems so delayed.

I don't know if I'm trying to rush things here, but it's been 11 days since flip and I don't see mind blowing bud growth. Just a couple more pistils around the same area. There still is some stretch hapenning tho.

Only time will tell now.

Mind blowing bud growth doesn't happen at day 11 :rofl: It will stretch until day 21 to 25 ish roughly. You should have some buds by day 21. Mind blowing at day 21 is not the norm. More like day 35 you should have some decent buds popping.

I find that this 2 plants per reservoir system really blocks my mobility and I also can't risk accessing the tent from the sides or back because I don't have much space.

So, the stretchy Super Lemon has 2 of her back of the room stems reaching towards the middle of the room and kinda overcrowding those areas. I dont have any way safe I can tie those back to their original LST position, as I risk damaging other stems trying to tie those somewhere improvised.
Ive been reluctant to use my low quality ScrOG net bought from the shop, but I might give it a go and see if I can get some more distance between those overcrowded areas.

The flowering process is becoming faster paced, and Im having new different odors already forming.

I might drop some pictures later today.

Sorted the previous issue with stems approaching the light.

E.C. Climbed to 2.4 on the SLH's reservoir so I bumped it back to 2.3
E.C. on the BD reservoir is at 2.2

After hard session of trying to fix things, I got some sorted but didn't take pictures as they weren't looking the best to be modelling around the runway.
I might do it later today.

Jungle it is, I tell you.

Super stretchy Super Lemon Haze #1 is messing with me, a lot. Makes me raise that hood more than I want.

Remember that every 2 days now I rotate the hood positioning to cover the bulb's dead angles, so don't be alarmed if you see stems with less light coverage

Room picture. I couldn't get an angle to cover all the Blue Dream (bottom of the picture) so it is missing. Sorry.
Room_incomplete_12_07.jpg

GOD DAMN STRETCHY SLH #1. SLH #2 on the right, and also has 3 stretchy stems. Remember that some are in the lighting's dead angle.
SLH_both_12_07.jpg

Budding on Blue Dream
BD_budding_12_07.jpg

BD top.
BD_top_12_07.jpg

SLH's lower internode budding
internode_bud_12_07.jpg

SLH budding
SLH_budding_12_07.jpg

I promise I will take a decent blue dream canopy picture soon.

I'm thinking of busting Super Lumens soon. What do you guys think? The bulb is supposed to last the same since it comes prepared for super lumens output.

I'll need a new defol soon, like within 4-5 more days or so. Input please.

Wish you all the best of times,
Healthy medication

Thanks Carestaker, I will hold on to that then.

What should I do about the Super Lumens on Sunmaster's Super HPS Deluxe Bulb? The shop discription on the bulb says it goes up to 105.000 lumens with super lumen mode on the ballast. Thing is that everywhere else I read, there's no such information, only the Dual Spectrum Sunmaster bulb is advertised to be used with Super Lumens.

Should I just try those super-lumens on the last 3 weeks of flowering and play safe with it by now?

Thanks Carestaker, I will hold on to that then.

What should I do about the Super Lumens on Sunmaster's Super HPS Deluxe Bulb? The shop discription on the bulb says it goes up to 105.000 lumens with super lumen mode on the ballast. Thing is that everywhere else I read, there's no such information, only the Dual Spectrum Sunmaster bulb is advertised to be used with Super Lumens.

Should I just try those super-lumens on the last 3 weeks of flowering and play safe with it by now?

If it's within the design parameters of both the bulb, and the ballast, then go for it. You can boost it now or after the stretch. At the end of wk 5 or 6, you can dial it back. As they eat less, they need less light. :)

I'm not completely sure that it is part of the bulb's design parameters... The local shop may be mistaken, as I can't find any other place on the internet that can confirm their claims. :hmmmm:

They also have the exact same information when regarding the Sunmaster's Dual Spec HPS Bulb (red with supplemental "blue"), which I think was actually the one made especially for Sunmaster's Dimmable Ballast (comes with Super Lumens). This is quite dubious.

Product name: Sunmaster Super HPS Deluxe 600w bulb.

Bulbs in Europe are a far less developed market and we don't have access to your kind of high-end lamps (Hortilux, Digi, Ushio, Genesis). So we are stuck with old-school lamps that were designed back in 2006-2010... Ordering from the US adds up to twice the lamps value, not worth it at all.

This concept of Super HPS doesn't seem to be contemporary with Super Lumen Ballasts. It doesn't add up.

This concept of Super HPS doesn't seem to be contemporary with Super Lumen Ballasts. It doesn't add up.

With that said, maybe just leave it at 600w. :) I've got a few different lights with boost - SolisTek, Luma, and Galaxy, and I don't ever use it. You're girls are looking nice bro, and you got a new bulb in there, so they'll be getting lit up nicely. :cheer:

Plants look great! Nice and healthy. That Super Lemon Haze may end up giving you significant problems because of the height. It is 30% taller than the rest? And still stretching? I would at minimum super crop it now.

I am not sure what day of 12/12 that your at? You need to super crop now... not later. I stress my plants all the time. In VEG and... well when ever I have to. The only thing I have not done is... take some hedge sheers and chop everything even. Well, I have done that before... Just not in 12/12 cycle.

For the light... I don't think it matters too much. 90,000 lumens or 105,000 lumens. If you need the extra lumens? Make sure you need them first... buy a light meter and check your canopy. Lux readings at minimum you would like 30k... 45K is better. Optimal is 70K to 90K Lux.

Looking good :thumb:

hey brother looks like mag def. which is very common at 3 weeks in . some epsom salt at like 30-60 ppm would help ya out with flower set. with those 2 stains after i run full dose on the big bud till week 7 and then FULL dose of overdrive . overdrive is very diluted imo

Hey Dank, I don't see any def. in my leaves. I think bloom enhancers have a bit of Ca2+ and Mg+ on them.

@ Scarfinger, I think SLH was still stretching because those branches were on the bulb's "dead" lighting angle, so they were reaching for light, but I already changed the hood's positioning yesterday and I will check if they are still stretching today. I can't have them growing more in height, as they are close to hitting the carbon filter (yes it it huge and over-sized for the tent's size). I don't want having to raise the hood too much just for that plant's higher canopy...

We are at day 17 of flowering by the way.

Supercropping might cut their stretching but might as well stress them in this important initial budding phase. I will consider it depending on the results from yesterday's light adaptation.

If I have to do it, at what stem height do I supercrop it? Near the top, mid-height or lower than that?

Thanks in advance!:Namaste:

Hey Dank, I don't see any def. in my leaves. I think bloom enhancers have a bit of Ca2+ and Mg+ on them.

@ Scarfinger, I think SLH was still stretching because those branches were on the bulb's "dead" lighting angle, so they were reaching for light, but I already changed the hood's positioning yesterday and I will check if they are still stretching today. I can't have them growing more in height, as they are close to hitting the carbon filter (yes it it huge and over-sized for the tent's size). I don't want having to raise the hood too much just for that plant's higher canopy...

We are at day 17 of flowering by the way.

Supercropping might cut their stretching but might as well stress them in this important initial budding phase. I will consider it depending on the results from yesterday's light adaptation.

If I have to do it, at what stem height do I supercrop it? Near the top, mid-height or lower than that?

Thanks in advance!:Namaste:

I said the same thing to myself. Especially with the HPS light, they look healthy to me.

Just below the canopy level. Pinch, roll and then bend. They will prop themselves back up so you may need to supercrop again at a different level, probably higher than the first... but you can do lower.

I supercrop during the stretch. Mainly just a few here and there. Sometimes you get a branch that just wants to overtake the others... bam! Supercrop :) And in general... I do most of my supercropping in VEG and during the stretch. After they have stretched they are full on bud production. I would say its better to stress them now vs. in full on bud production.

I generally don't do much training after day 21'ish. Only some light defoliation. Verdict is still out on defoliation for me. I think it mainly helps with air circulation and some deeper penetration of light.

In the long run... I think an even canopy will serve you better than worrying about undue stress at this stage.

@ Scarfinger yep, that's exactly what I've done. I supercropped them as they were already hitting the carbon filter today. I didn't roll then, but I applied pressure between my thumb and index finger while bending. Heard that/those "pop sounds" and then let them be bent to the desired side.

Budding seems to be changing to the next gear! They are really budding up!

Thanks very much for your help Scarfinger, here have this reps! :thumb:

A fellow grower came by to have a look and stated that the last time he had a 600w HPS working, it used to be brighter and more powerful.

Seems like something really is wrong with my hood, ballast or wiring, thus I'll be re-wiring everything today in hopes it is not a ballast problem.

This can justify why they stretched soo much and yesterday, I even had to supercrop 3 more SLH stems as they were getting excessively tall.

After all this grow could have had more potencial, and I'm in for a lesser result. I'm having huge internodal spaces on the Super Lemon, not so much on BD.

BD seems to be controlled in terms of height.

Trying not to let this bring me down once again. But it is definetely discouraging, having one issue right after another, never allowing me to achieve optimal environmental settings.

I'm really needing a defol, but I'm gonna wait until 21-22nd day of flowering (until the end of the stretch, if it ever stops)

Back
Top Bottom