Groovy Bud's Revenge Grow Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Blue Dream DWC

I leave for four days and I come back to a massive jungle!! Awesome work. The ladies are looking really healthy. You'll have to let me know you think of the Blue Dream as its on my list of strains to try. I can't wait to see what you can do with these ladies once they're in full bloom, I have a feeling they are going to be massive!!

Trying not to let this bring me down once again. But it is definetely discouraging, having one issue right after another, never allowing me to achieve optimal environmental settings.

:Namaste:

Welcome to growing my friend. Lol. Fun ain't it?

Sure is Cajun. It's a double-edged sword indeed.

I re-wired most of the stuff, changed the electricity wall out-put, still no changes. It either is okay, or it is a ballast problem. I cycled around the 400w and 600w settings on the ballast so I could check if the knob was failing and maybe only 400w instead of 600w but nop, it did change.

I haven't been feeling very positive about their actual looks, including stretch, and have been shy posting new picture. I will take so new ones, to show you the budding.

We are on the 21st day of Flowering today. I will post pictures and then if the stretch has stopped, I'll do a defol session

WTF, my heart is breaking for you Jimmy6k. The only thing I can say is you must have a lawyer that is not in their system (appointed lawyer) you cannot fight their system of lawyers without your own lawyers. The judge (if it gets that far) wants to deal with lawyers not us and will f*ck you up without one. Make sure your house is clear of all Mj, pills & booze, anything that will let them say you are an addict. Get ready and fight the good fight Jimmy, the country will be legal real soon but for now cover your ass and fight with a good lawyer. (Money well spent). One more thing say "I only use Marijuana for Medical reasons".

Also you should click on the button above that says Attorney. Best of luck to you brother.

Sorry Groovy Bud, I was trying to post this in Jimmy6k's journal. He just got busted a couple of hours ago. Loose lips sink ships. Someone in his complex turned him in, My heart is just breaking. WTF, we are almost legal in the USA.

21st Flowering Day Photo Update

They seem to be slowing down the stretching, there is still a bit of it still going on the Super Lemon Hazes, not so much on the blue dreams.

Room. Here you mainly see SLH's, as it is hard for me to get a good angle that also fits the BDs
Incomplete_room_19_07.jpg

----------
Right side of the Room View, still not a good shot, I'm missing some BD #2 shoots. Here you can see SLH #2 on the upper side, and two stems of BD #2
Room_right_view_19_07.jpg

---------
BD #1 under the skirt so you can see the multiple budding sites. Once I defol they will be more revealed to light
BD_1_side_19_07.jpg

---------
One of BD #2 tiny stems, but I find this one really cool looking
Tiny_BD_2_perfect_19_07.jpg

---------
One of the latest Supercrops on SLH #1
Scropped_SLH_1_19_07.jpg

---------
SLH #1 smaller stems
SLH_1_lesser_stems.jpg

---------
Some more Frosting on BD #2 yay
BD_2_frost_19_07.jpg

Sorry for my delay, and thank you for your company guys.
I'm feeling good today.

Sorry Groovy Bud, I was trying to post this in Jimmy6k's journal. He just got busted a couple of hours ago. Loose lips sink ships. Someone in his complex turned him in, My heart is just breaking. WTF, we are almost legal in the USA.

It's ok RSOiler. I take the chance to wish him the best of luck, and advise him as you did, for him to be prepared and have his homework done. It's all about rethoric speech skills along with good arguments, thus being able to peacefully open people's eyes about this global hypocrisy towards cannabis, which has done bad enough for society.

Stay and fight strong, Jimmy6k :Namaste:

Looking awesome GB.
Pretty damn good node spacing which means they didn't stretch too much on ya. Great job!
Those lil bud sites are gonna get alot bigger. I think you're going to be a happy man my friend.
Defol. Take the fans covering any bud sites, lower buds not getting light first. What's your EC?
Man, congrats on some nice plants!

Damn! So many buds you can't get them in the photo... it's a jungle in there :)

Welcome to the jungle we've got fun and games

We got everything you want honey, we know the names (Super Lemon Haze & Blue Dream)
We are the people that can find whatever you may need
If you got the money honey we got your disease (cure? good cannabis!)

Defol Resulting Pictures

I would have done it better if I had better lateral access to the tent, which I don't. I did the best I could, reavealing a lot of "forgotten" bud sites.

Once again, the tent's entrance makes it hard for me to take a good picture, so you are missing a lot of stems in those angles.

E.C. on SLH has been 2.45-2.5; while the BD has been 2.30-2.35.

The "Overall" View
Overall_defol.jpg

BD #1 Corner, incomplete angle
BD_1_corner_defol.jpg

BD #2 Corner. surely very incomplete and blurry
BD_2_corner_defol.jpg

More to the right angle on SLHazes
SLH_righter_side_defol.jpg

I tried not to over-do it, as I know I'm supposed to have another defol session later on flowering. I cleared some more underdeveloped growth that wasn't any promising (near the base of the plants)

Thanks for the kind words Cajun and Scar, I couldn't have done this far without you guys! Btw was that "Guns n' Roses" version?

So I know there is a ton of debate around defoliation, and I still don't completely believe in it unless it's necessary, but the following journal definitely shows the benefits it CAN have. I'll link to page 8, where he does his first defol and you can see how much he got away with.

Come SOG with Me - 112 Plant - 2 Liter - Hempy SOG

Then go to page 18...

I only mention it since you seemed a little worried about taking too much off.

Defol Resulting Pictures

I tried not to over-do it, as I know I'm supposed to have another defol session later on flowering. I cleared some more underdeveloped growth that wasn't any promising (near the base of the plants)

Thanks for the kind words Cajun and Scar, I couldn't have done this far without you guys! Btw was that "Guns n' Roses" version?

Yep. Guns N' Roses

I don't thing you can over do it with defoliation in one setting. You can over do it with multiple defoliations periods. For example defoliating every 2 weeks would give less yield.

One of the main things you need to pay attention too is Relative Humidity because they are so dense. All the leaves may decrease air circulation. You don't want to get powdery mildew or bud rot.

You need good circulation and some decent manicuring for increased air flow.

One thing you can do right now or within the next week is trim down below. I am not sure how big you plants are or the pot size. But basically anything not getting light underneath you could pull off, buds and all. I am guessing 6 to 8 inches from the top of the container.

I did a moderate defoliation at day 14 of flower and a heavy defoliation around day 37. Honestly I can't remember if those are recommended times or not. But, when I say "heavy" I pulled almost all the fan leaves and then I got the scissors out and trimmed some leaves in half. I am not recommending you go all out like I did and take any scissors to yours. It worked for me but I can't guarantee your results.

Defoliation is slightly controversial. In one regard you are removing leaves that contain stomas and things useful for transpiration and growth. On the other you are improving air flow and light penetration. You need both aspects for plant growth. So keep that in mind.

Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it?

So I know there is a ton of debate around defoliation, and I still don't completely believe in it unless it's necessary, but the following journal definitely shows the benefits it CAN have. I'll link to page 8, where he does his first defol and you can see how much he got away with.

Come SOG with Me - 112 Plant - 2 Liter - Hempy SOG

Then go to page 18...

I only mention it since you seemed a little worried about taking too much off.

Nice link. Basically he took off everything but the very top fan leaves around day 21. Day 21 is when I usually clean up underneath and do some light to moderate defoliation.

I just need to find a way next time to handle stretchy girls. That Super Lemon went bananas and just ruined my canopy by stretching, before I could do something about it. As you can see, you end up with a jungle like that one, which wasn't the point at all.

I still consider having a light problem, that may have caused the SLH to stretch, but the Blue dreams remained at the desired height.

I'm hoping that direct light to the budding sites really is necessary, because my defoling was based on that purpose. I'm wondering if I am supposed to see some more elongation on those buds by now. Either that or swelling.

By the way, tomorrow I'll have to re-stock myself on base nutrients. I've been using GHE 3 part Flora series. But @ the store, Canna Aqua Flores A and B are weirdly cheap (8.6 dollars for each). Buying those now would come in cheaper, and for the next run I'd be getting Aqua Vega A+B. Somehow they are supposed to be designed for hydro particularly. On the other hand I heard that they are more diluted... Any experienced people on the matter?

@ Witty, I'm not that sure that I'll have a notorius yield. After all, there are still many things that could have been handled better. I ask too much of myself, which isn't good.

I just need to find a way next time to handle stretchy girls. That Super Lemon went bananas and just ruined my canopy by stretching, before I could do something about it. As you can see, you end up with a jungle like that one, which wasn't the point at all.

I still consider having a light problem, that may have caused the SLH to stretch, but the Blue dreams remained at the desired height.

I'm hoping that direct light to the budding sites really is necessary, because my defoling was based on that purpose. I'm wondering if I am supposed to see some more elongation on those buds by now. Either that or swelling.

By the way, tomorrow I'll have to re-stock myself on base nutrients. I've been using GHE 3 part Flora series. But @ the store, Canna Aqua Flores A and B are weirdly cheap (8.6 dollars for each). Buying those now would come in cheaper, and for the next run I'd be getting Aqua Vega A+B. Somehow they are supposed to be designed for hydro particularly. On the other hand I heard that they are more diluted... Any experienced people on the matter?

@ Witty, I'm not that sure that I'll have a notorius yield. After all, there are still many things that could have been handled better. I ask too much of myself, which isn't good.

I feel like with every grow there is always something we feel like we could of done better/different, always trying to achieve the perfect grow. Your ladies look really healthy and a healthy plant is a happy plant.

Just purchased Aqua Flores A + B to start using upon today, after Reservoir's nute change. They are cheaper and easier to use than GHE, and seem more appropriate for a not drain-to-waste hydro setup.
Also purchased PK 13/14 to start using by week 4-5.

I'm now officially part of the chemical Kingdom, owning a total of 12 different bottles: GHE 3 part Flora series (i'm discontinuing it, I don't like its Bloom), Cannazyme, Rhizotonic, Big Bud, Bud Candy, Overdrive, PK 13/14, Canna Aqua Flores A and B and pH Down.

I'll start with 2.4-2.5 EC on SLH and 2.3-2.4 on Blue Dream and see if they like it.

Won't post pictures today, as they won't be much different from yesterday.

@jojo I don't like the Bloom because it feels like it is very diluted. Everytime I add it on its own, it barely changes the EC, while Micro really boosts it. The thing about 3-part series is that Grow and Micro are very similar, and feedings get really biased by your input (it can be good and bad). Sometimes you end up not knowing how much of each is best, and you start experimenting on your own, sometimes making it worse than better. A simple 2 part nutrition really eases it, but you won't be able to adjust NPK ratios (you could, if you have some other spare nutrients you can blend in to correct some def). But that's not probable since the 2 parts complement each other and make a whole.

I've just changed my water nutes, using Canna Aqua Flores A and B. I used the recomended dosage but still, after boosters and other supplements, the resulting E.C. was only of 2.2. I heard that people easily get burned tips with these nutrients and they lack Magnesium. Big Bud has 0.5 of Magnesium and my tap water has 75 ppm or minerals, including Calcium and Magnesium. I hope those alone will prevent me from a Mag def.

If they react accordingly I'll experiment on boosting the E.C. even more up until the maximum recomended dosage (40ml/10L, I'm at 35ml/10L now)

After using the new produts, I noticed that they run out faster than GHE, and I probably should have stayed on my GHE flora line if I wanted to save $$. Canna Aqua line also makes the solution more "red/violet" than GHE (which turned water more yellow due to a mix of colors)

But I hope Canna won't dissapoint me, as I've some hope on them. For some reason, a lot of experienced growers swear by it, while most of new growers choose GHE Flora Series for its easiness, as I did. I also think that my use of GHE was already so biased that I didn't know if my cocktails were good or just acceptable. After all this line is designed for hydro.

A penny for my thoughts:

I'm still yet to understand if plant nutrition works the same way as the human or animal ones do. I'm well informed about human nutrition (both maintenance, weight loss or mass building) and animal nutrition as well. They both have a good saying which is "quality over quantity". Maybe a E.C. of 2.2 like I'm having can be a very good quality meal (using Canna) while a 2.5 E.C. with lower quality food won't. Is this possible? Maybe I won't need to raise my E.C. past the Canna's recomended maximum threshold (which is 2.4)

Back
Top Bottom