Grouchygreenz - First DWC Cabinet Grow - NL - LED

I had mine similar in my ww2 and ww3. It took me about 2 weeks to realize that they a little too high up and were not receving water. I ended up using a ladle to top feed twice a day and nurse back to health. Although yours is healthy and green mine were turning yellow when I figured it out. I hope you wont have the issues I had.

This was the main reason I wanted to start my SC in a 3" netpot. Doing it this way, I only had 1 layer of pebbles between bottom of rockwool and netpot. Allowing the roots to hit the water much faster. (On the other hand I could have just planted SC deeper in a larger pot) The only tricky part was transport to larger netpot without hurting roots. For that I placed 2-3 layers of pebbles on the bottom of new pot, placed 3" netpot inside with roots directly under the 3" netpot making sure to slightly hover over the roots (just enough to make sure not to crush the roots) while pouring in more pebbles. The new pebbles around the netpot secured it in place. Now I just need to wait and see the roots come out of the new pot.

You may be OK with yours. but i just thought I'd share my own personal grow experience.

Curious to see what's going on in there but don't want to disturb it. Had an issue right off the bat with the seed strangling the shit outta her I think it slowed us down a bit. Hoping with some b52 and some rhino skin she'll bounce back.

Your correct with not wanting to disturb the medium at this point. The roots are very fragile. Breaking roots will slow the growth. As for nutrients I usually start with 1/4 dose and slowly work up to full strength by week 4

Your correct with not wanting to disturb the medium at this point. The roots are very fragile. Breaking roots will slow the growth. As for nutrients I usually start with 1/4 dose and slowly work up to full strength by week 4
Thanks for the heads up, glad I'm on the right track. Did a res change and added very light nutes, tap water with ppm of 115, added nutes, jj grow, micro and bloom, 1.25 ml each into 2.5 gallons, 5ml of b52. Ppm went up to 228, ph'd it to 6, and overnight, ph jumped to 7 and ppms dropped to 192. Stopped foliar feeding with ph'd water with b52, leaves started to look a little yellowed. Still not seeing any roots, got the bubbles right up to maybe quarter inch from net cup to try and coax those buggers out. Anybody out there think I jumped the gun on the nutes? You can't really see the cotelydons as they're under the second set of serrated leaves, but they are YELLOW. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
420-magazine-mobile701999552.jpg

420-magazine-mobile621801201.jpg

420-magazine-mobile27903761.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2078569494.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've never done DWC so i can't offer much help with that, but you folks who grow and flower in these tiny little cabinets amaze me. I was going to set one up once but I became claustrophobic just looking at it. :laughtwo: I did end up using it for bonzai mums though.

*Pulls up a chair* :goodluck:
It's going to be a challenge, welcome fuzz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I did my best to show you where my rockwool is compared to yours. You will have some time before you start to see the roots come out being that high up. This is something I forgot when I started my widows. The faster the roots hits the water the faster the growth will be. Keep top feeding a couple times a day. Don't let the rockwool get to dry in the meantime. You'll have a slower start but as long as it keeps getting water you should be good.

20161003_162735.jpg

Hey Grouchy, thanks for stopping by the journal. I am here to see what you've got going. Nice dwc setup, I'll be watching these girls explode soon. Good luck to you and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Edit: definitely deficient, time for a "light" feeding imo

Back
Top Bottom