Grow To Heal Me - Perpetual Journal - Lady Growing Ladies - Never Giving Up

I am having a really tough day. These days are the hardest where I force myself out of bed even though I feel like I never want to leave my bed. I'm really down on myself today, it's just the brain injury, but it's a day that makes me feel Blah about everything. I am foggy and my head feels swollen, can't really remember what to post about except the basics. Wish my head felt better, thinking about watching Breaking Bad just to cheer me up. So this is my update for the Afghan Kush.

Week 2 of the flowering stage - Afghan Kush - Watered twice this week because I'm giving my plants half dosage when the sun isn't out. The water tends to stick around too much for my liking when the sun isn't out. My plants need the sun so I put them under my t5's just to get some kind of proper lighting during this cloudy period of weather. I often have to switch them because they need the sun from the window but when it rains I move them over to the tent. I wish these plants would hurry up, I need stuff. This day sucks, but growing is awesome. Look on the bright side G2HM...

IMG_274618.jpg
IMG_274215.jpg
IMG_273120.jpg

Week 6 - Purple Kush & CB Dream - PK growing nicely - CBD rec'd training and is growing horizontal nicely. The clips I am using on the CBD are awesome because you can move the clips slightly and not have to untangle the pipe cleaner. What a great way to NOT injure my plants due to my shaky hands. They still humble me, I can't be that bad if the plants are still living. Big sigh,

IMG_276316.jpg
IMG_276411.jpg

Week 3 - Purple Kush Fem & Northern Lights Auto - One half feeding for both - NO sun this week but hoping cause they are early veg it will be okay until the sun forces his way through the clouds. Very excited for these ladies as this is the first time using this method, scog. But I have no fear about growing it just seems natural to me now. Not much else to report except no bad news it good news. Have a great day!

IMG_274720.jpg
IMG_274114.jpg

Was having a really down day today so my husband took me to visit a horse and I pet and fed her for the first time. It made me forget about everything. Now I can't start growing horses, but at least I found peace today through an unplanned animal visit. I wish I could just work with horses and animals but my husband doesn't want me to bring home the animals, because I would. I don't know if my brain will ever work with humans again. Not logical, but that's where my brain is at. Then again, who wouldn't want to work with animals who are healing from major trauma. Hard day, but totally worth the effort. Thank you plants, animals and karmic peoples.
:thanks:

IMG_278617.jpg

IMG_279111.jpg

I would go with a FIM attempt, that way you can use the scrog and fill it with the many new beaches that will form at the top of you plant. The lower branches will catch up eventually and you can feed them through the scrog around the outer edge. I have never scrogged before and I am just forming my own idea of what would be best. Let's wait to see if a scrog expert can weigh in. What you can do for now is ponytail the top growth to help the lower branches grow faster. As for when to do it, take a side shot of the main stem. Show me your nodes!

And is that t8s or t5's type lights? You have enough light for veg stage and you'll get some decent buds if you can keep them close enough to the foliage. You never know my dear, the 420 gods are very karmatic (is that a word), if not I'm trademarking lol... Full of karma, hope you are a believer too. Opportunity will come knocking you just have to answer...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Here are my nodes...hahaha! Not fimmed yet. Pony tail applied, not sure if I did it right so I left the string pieces on until you give me the go ahead to cut them off. The trademark is yours btw! No rush on this girl, we are chillin'!:Namaste:

IMG_281914.jpg

Loving the horsey and the new little ones. Hope it won't be too long for your afghan kush ^.^

It's actually my fault they are late because of the lack of lighting that they crave while flowering. But hey, I will get something...that is hopeful...thanks for caring my friend. :thanks:

Here are my nodes...hahaha! Not fimmed yet. Pony tail applied, not sure if I did it right so I left the string pieces on until you give me the go ahead to cut them off. The trademark is yours btw! No rush on this girl, we are chillin'!:Namaste:

IMG_281914.jpg

Just make sure the string is loose enough, don't want to Pinch too hard. If you have a hair scrunchy those work well and are soft on the foliage. If that's the height of your scrog I would FIM or top it soon so that you have room to work under there. My email updates aren't working right at the moment.. Had to scan my subscriptions to find you.

KiG :green_heart:

Hey growtohealme :)

Your thread was revealed to me by Snid to see if I could help out with your SCROG and I'm delighted to be along for the ride and help you out in any way that I can :)

When training for SCROG you have a few options that I will try to explain the pros and cons here.

TOP Removes the very top growing point of a branch, creating 2 branches in its place. The plant, unless quite big, will slow its growth to make the repairs and create 2 new tops in its place, on a small plant this may slow growth down by up to a week.

FIM Fuck I missed, Removes a section of the growing tip, basically mutilating the top but I find this can slow the plant down even more than topping, but with this technique we can create 4 tops.

I usually only TOP and FIM to create branches to take clones from. Or if I have lots and lots of time to train the plant before it goes into the flower room.

LST Low Stress Training ( there are variations on this such as FLUXing which is just an advanced form with specific bending patterns ) This technique involves tying down the plant to one side and allowing all of the side shoots to become new tops. I find this technique to be the most efficient with cannabis. When a plant with say 5 nodes is tied down, you will have 10 tops shooting up in their place within the same time as TOPPING would have 2 and a FIMMing would have 4.

This is a great way to fill a SCROG quickly :)

SUPERCROPPING Squeezing branches and below growing tips of the tallest tops to damage the stem so that it becomes sort of floppy and you can bend it over below the height of the other tops. This tricks the plant into thinking it does not have a primary growing branch any more so all other tops explode in growth to try and become the new primary top.

This is a great technique for maintaining evenness across the canopy whether using a SCROG or not.

I usually SUPERCROP in combination with LST for filling my SCROG and get fantastic results.

If you would like to see my SCROG the Blue Link in my signature will take you there, I'm on day 27 of flower now so things are starting to fill up nicely :) I usually go into a lot of detail in my updates so there may be some helpful information in there for you.

I wish you the best of luck and hope I helped you out somewhat

Keep up the great work :thumb:

GreenFingers

That was great GreenFingers, wow. I'm sure I went to the right man for that question. I am very impressed with your explanation, I definitely learned something as well. Would you mind if I copied or linked this post to my tutorials, I think it will be of great help to those reading it. :Namaste: Brother, thank you.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom