Growing In The Pond & Keeping My Head Above Water

re: Growing In The Pond & Keeping My Head Above Water

Thats it!
I'm off to the fish house now.
LOL...I was dreaming about a seafood platter actually (clams, scallops, haddock, fries, onion rings) but neither of us were in any shape to be in public :)

Normally I would say its a secret but I like you RainStacks:) so here is what my namesake is as far as I'm concerned:)
Take some left over walleye from a previous fry or any fish that you are partial to or that is available.
you need about a pound of fish. 8 slices of bread
1 stalk of celery
some pepper your choice green hot what ever
a small onion chopped fine along with the peppers and celery.
tear the bread up into itty bitty pieces and take out a egg let that get to room temp:)
I recommend old bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, garlic and onion powder all to your taste.
2Tbls of mayo and mix the whole slop together.
Get some Panko Bread Crumbs in a dish form some patties and dredge them in the Panko crumbs.
Fry them in a shallow oil bath until golden brown and delicious serve with frosty and copious amounts of beer or tartar sauce:)
Happy weednesday Fishy :) You guys made me hungry too. Left over chipotle here I come! What exactly is a fish cake? It isn't like gefiltafish is it? That is like a mushed up pickled ground up fish meatball in sauce. Ashkinazis....what are they thinking.
P.S. smoke a fatty while you wait

Dam fish that sounds good. I going to do that one once I can eat fish again
you could replace the fish with chicken or even mushrooms that are nice and meaty :)

you could replace the fish with chicken or even mushrooms that are nice and meaty :)

Those are off too. I get gout when it flares up my diet becomes dairy , salad and eggs. It really is a pain because I love meat also because I run as a hobby so nutrition is important to me. Also I love good food one of the reason's I run because I love the bad you food too.

Good weed Fish cake. Recipe sounds yummy. I get to make Fish Cakes, Crab cake, Salmon Cakes, etc,etc often at my work. Heres a tip for all the restuarant goers...If you are eating at a buffet stay away from 'cakes'. Usually this is yesterdays (or longer) leftovers. I love leftovers, but Ill be damned If Im paying full price for re-apportioned food.

BTW, The bread eggs and kinda the mayo form what we here in Spain refer to as a panada. :) Binder if you will.

Normally I would say its a secret but I like you RainStacks:) so here is what my namesake is as far as I'm concerned:)
Take some left over walleye from a previous fry or any fish that you are partial to or that is available.
you need about a pound of fish. 8 slices of bread
1 stalk of celery
some pepper your choice green hot what ever
a small onion chopped fine along with the peppers and celery.
tear the bread up into itty bitty pieces and take out a egg let that get to room temp:)
I recommend old bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, garlic and onion powder all to your taste.
2Tbls of mayo and mix the whole slop together.
Get some Panko Bread Crumbs in a dish form some patties and dredge them in the Panko crumbs.
Fry them in a shallow oil bath until golden brown and delicious serve with frosty and copious amounts of beer or tartar sauce:)
P.S. smoke a fatty while you wait
Right on time. My daughter just called & said she's tired of chicken & wants me to make something else tonight. I sent her skinny butt to the fish market.

Right on time. My daughter just called & said she's tired of chicken & wants me to make something else tonight. I sent her skinny butt to the fish market.

Heres a menu idea for ya for tonight Reg---

Pan Seared Alaskan Hallibut, Butter fried Soffrito, Sweet Potaoto Gufrettes. Served with a Saffron Court Boillion.
Or a little more adventurious
Braised Opah Cheeck , Wild Ramp Kimchee and Hawaiian Roll 'hushpuppies'.

:)

LOL I settled for acid hot chicken wings an a calzone:)

But I want some Opah:bravo:

quick off topic ?? settling a debate on facebook.. what is RSO?? i know its a MJ based oil, but i cant remember the guys name

LOL... your "off topic" was way more on-topic than what's been going on :rofl:

..was just gonna post a pic of what I cooked for dinner...then decided...I might be too stoned. LOL

LOL... your "off topic" was way more on-topic than what's been going on :rofl:

..was just gonna post a pic of what I cooked for dinner...then decided...I might be too stoned. LOL

to cook? or take a pic? or post said pic?? i have never been that stoned... i don t think i have lol

Back
Top Bottom