Growing Two Kinds Of White Russian

I got a couple spider farmer 1000s and they're brighter than hell, cost me $100 each on sale around black Friday last year, had to distance em from my girls so they don't roast into green confetti. Just my setup, YMMV.
Now that's a good choice. I also have the SF1000, but I use it to germinate. But if he added an SF1000 to his 150 Watt HPS it would be about right. They are only 100 watts ea. but are equivalent to about a 250 watt HPS. With 2 of them you could eliminate the HPS completely. His tent temp would be cooler also as HPS puts out a lot of heat.

I still have a 100w hps and an E40 holder lying around here and I think about getting a second ballast and use it to increase power. I know that a nice LED would be better, but this will cost me 100 bucks anyway and I didn't calculate with spending more money. That's 250w total HPS and no LED, but maybe I can install some higher-powered lightrail, like two 55w PL-Ls to increase power.

The other thing I will get is one or two cuttings to plant beside my little Auto's that started flowering too early. I've got a whole strainlist of cuttings available and I'm not sure whether the one or the other is better for me. What I wanted was a Bubblegum-cutting because it's somewhere close to the strongest weed I've ever smoked, but they don't offer any. So it's going to get Amnesia Core Cut (does anyone know what Core Cut means?) and maybe a Bubba Kush.

I will plant the two to the free space in the box and keep the 18/6 light cycle until they've rooted. I haven't got much space anyway. And then I'll switch to 12/12, that's in two weeks or so, when the Auto's will be in the middle of flowering, and flower them alongside the Amnesia Core Cut and the Bubba Kush cuttings.

What do you think?

I still have a 100w hps and an E40 holder lying around here and I think about getting a second ballast and use it to increase power. I know that a nice LED would be better, but this will cost me 100 bucks anyway and I didn't calculate with spending more money. That's 250w total HPS and no LED, but maybe I can install some higher-powered lightrail, like two 55w PL-Ls to increase power.

The other thing I will get is one or two cuttings to plant beside my little Auto's that started flowering too early. I've got a whole strainlist of cuttings available and I'm not sure whether the one or the other is better for me. What I wanted was a Bubblegum-cutting because it's somewhere close to the strongest weed I've ever smoked, but they don't offer any. So it's going to get Amnesia Core Cut (does anyone know what Core Cut means?) and maybe a Bubba Kush.

I will plant the two to the free space in the box and keep the 18/6 light cycle until they've rooted. I haven't got much space anyway. And then I'll switch to 12/12, that's in two weeks or so, when the Auto's will be in the middle of flowering, and flower them alongside the Amnesia Core Cut and the Bubba Kush cuttings.

What do you think?
The Auto's should stay on 18/6 or 20/4 for their entire life cycle. You can still flower them on 12/12 but it will take slightly longer & you will get less yield. You have to time your start for the Auto's & Photo's to work together. When you have about 6 weeks left on the Auto's is when you want to start your photo's. That way the photo's veg 6 weeks while the Auto's finish. Then flip to 12/12. Been there, done that.

So it's going to get Amnesia Core Cut (does anyone know what Core Cut means?) and maybe a Bubba Kush.
When you have about 6 weeks left on the Auto's is when you want to start your photo's.
What do you mean by starting them? Germinating? I've read your answer in today's lunch break at work and made up my mind. Because in that case I'd probably order some Vision Seeds Russian Snow. That would make my grow a triple White Russian one and I could stick to european genetics. On the other hand my ripped-out four Orig. White Russians have been pleased by some serious sunlight on my window sill today and it seems to get even sunnier for the rest of the week. Wanna take a look? The small reddish seed you see on the ground is either a sprouting mandrake, or datura, or snakeroot seed that's been germinating in there for three weeks before it got company by my Auto's. But somewhere else on the page I've read that it's forbidden to talk about stuff like that on here so I'm gonna stop.

IMG_20220321_173851.jpg

Please Visit Our Sponsors

Take a look, you might be surprised, and some have overseas warehouses.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thanks for the info, I did. Hope they'll credit you when I order after being redirected from here, but it's none of my business of course...

How is it going @iamabsolem

You never mentioned what country you are in?
Everything works perfectly fine, the box is constantly filling and smells yummy :cool:
It's a shitty small country in central europe, here are some impressions.

Maybe I can grow them outside somewhere but it will be very tricky.
I will start today with putting them to the stairs infront of my door, there's no radiatior and the temperatures are around 10°C (50° F) min. I will leave them there from now on every night for a week. Then I'll bring them to a place where there are no trees but forest around, to the northern end (so the sun comes from the south and shines there). At that place I made a bed last year with some fertilizer: 50l frozen black peat, 25l white peat, 40l compostearth, 40l compost, 1kg seaweed chalk (you know what I mean?), .5kg bat guano (phosphorous-red), 3kg seabird guano (nitrogenous-white), 5kg horn powder, .5kg worm castings, 10l sand, 1l ash and 10l barkpeat (like coco-peat but made of tree bark) infused with a litre of molasses. That stuff has been rotting there for almost a year and I don't know if there's much left but I'll try. Do you think I will need a foil-tunnel if I let them stand outside at night for a week or just one of both? I will have to start soon because in summer there's so much weed all around you can't really get there...

can't edit no more, you say kelp meal instead of horn powder, and compostsoil instead of compostearth.
I forgot that I also used 20 pounds of lava meal to raise the acidic ph further together on a short-time-scale by ash and on a long term by nitrogenoumcarbonate from choralls. It's because the full 85l (22.5 gallons) peat mosses have together with the forest ground an acidic ph. The red bat-guano will deliver some phosphorous and together with the white seabird-guano, kelp meal and molasses there will be lots of nitrogen. And overall the compost soil that I raised the compost ratio by 100% has a neutral ph. The sand stabilizes the graining and the barkpeat gives it a slight mulching. Now a year later the nitrogenoumcarbonate has degraded lots of the peat mosses and compost and if not some potassium and phosphourous is left, there will at least be lots of nitrogen so the four plants will grow to genourously tall plants. They have two more days to acclimate themselves to the cold outside when I will plant them outside and hope they survive. Wish me luck

Edit: and of course the microbes that settled to my bed with the worm casting also enjoyed being fed some sugar with the molasses-based fert in the barkpeat. I'm not a chemist btw but that's what I believe happens. I placed it in the bark peat so it doesn't touch my other nitrogen ferts when degrading, and that's also why I used so little of it

WIN_20220329_23_14_29_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220329_23_15_26_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220329_23_16_40_Pro.jpg
spotted a curly leaf today. what does it mean? too much heat in the box? currently running an experiment to increase rh by not running my vent in 'daytime' but only at night. I guess I should stop and turn it on again? Just wanted them to succeed in letting water evaporate and increase rh by themselves as they like, they were dripping wet when I did that the first time yesterday. and I think they quite liked it. but now there's that curly leaf and I don't know what to do about it. can you help?

come on ppl I'm in some serious trouble here. why is it that noone will answer? I plugged the vent back in and see what happens now. it didn't get worse in 8h but I'm afraid it will if I don't instantly make an adjustment. I would have loved to let them 'breathe' for a while every day but it's too dangerous to me. maybe I should hang a thermometer to the plant tips but I doubt it will give a valid answer. could it also be some kind of early ripening of an the upper leaf?

The curly leaf went away at 'night' so it's probably just been too much light for the upper leaflet. Now I'm thinking about adjusting my feeding schedule. I have been using twice a dose (200%) of Plagron Terra Bloom since the first preflowers arrived and I'm considering to stop that now and give them some sort of an early flush. This will take as long as my organic nutrients will to arrive. I'ma use Guanokalong Florizon alongside Guanokalong Seaweed Liquid to deliver Phosphorous and Potassium without too much Nitrogen and plenty of micronutrients. I'd say it will take less than two weeks for it two arrive, meanwhile the residing synthetic nutrients should have been uptaken and then it will take another say two weeks for the microbacteria to decompose the organic fertilizer. That's four weeks in total and I would liked to already have finished in that timespan. But I'm sure it will take longer for the lower buds to develop and ripen and it may also work faster both the delivery and the decomposing since it's fluids.

btw I didn't get that ballast nor did I get the russian snow seed. It's one of my bad habits to often decide things and don't hold on to them. but there wouldn't have been enough space for another plant, neither would they have stood even more light except I placed the filter back on the floor.

It will be my this years last grow so everything has to be perfect, you know? that's why I sometimes sound insisting or long for answers without making clear the circumstances in advance. However, it will take me all year of saving money to pay that electricity bill (I'm not kidding) and I'd highly appreciate if my grow would yield some mind-blowing weed after all. so if you have any more objections or advice for me to change my setup or plant care feel free to share it with me. thank you

All the best
ThisIsAbsolem

Hi guys,

I'm afraid I've got some heavy light burn on those two, the only one that has been fitting the tent is the Kalashnikova. The other two grew into the reflector and have burnt their fingers. I'm not sure wether to leave them where they are, or to top them and maybe already smoke some. But I'm 100% sure they won't recover. Have a look.

WIN_20220402_07_54_03_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220402_07_52_49_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220402_07_51_10_Pro.jpg

So what I did about it as I had no idea was to exile the filter completely and hang the reflector a little bit higher. That was last night and it already stinks a lot in here. I'm a little bit desperate about that.

WIN_20220402_07_50_33_Pro.jpg

+ it's snowing again outside so the ones in my bed outdoors will probably freeze.

Hello ppl,

I didn't make an update for a while since almost everything has changed. I'm broke atm and couldn't afford the BatBoost, and my SugarRoyal from last year I threw away when it turned yellow. So my plants are on bloom nutes without no booster for now. But that's not the bummer.

The bummer is that I ripped out the taller and thinner phenotype as it almost blew away my tent. The other ones will get more light now and they're far better off because they're also more mature and sturdier. That's what I did it was a decision I made. Idk if it's right or wrong but there's no turning back. I will show you a photo of the rest of the plants that will make your mouths watering. They're on 12/12 now because I believe it will strenghen the indica/sativa-genes and not the ruderails that I don't need. You know it's not just genes but also education that makes plants who they are.

A propos education I had to train the one in the back a little because it grew right into the lamp twice. So it now has got some loose ends. This was probably only a knock-down that raised it's will to survive for the first time. But what it will make of it happening twice idk. And do you see the bud-leaf ratio? Is it because there was so much shadow before and why do the buds have no leaves at all? I absolutely love this plant and I am so much looking forward to harvest, however I think it's some sort of a mongo after all. (not in a discriminating way)

I dried the giant-pheno for only two days, giving it a short cure of a day now and preceeding with making an extract out of it tomorrow. But they're just baby-buds after all that much THC won't come out if any. Let me now take photos of the curing jar and the box. The smaller is the Kalashnikova that is the only one meeting my expectations but tends to need a lot longer than the description said to ripen. The taller is the only White Russian left that I will harvest probably end-April or sooner if it preceeds developing like that. Can you say sth about the morphology of this plant I'm very curious about that...

nice sativa up high. shock-frosted them by being mistaken on how to use the gas flask. dried them for 2x5min on some alu foil on my hps lamps and let it cool all night. it's cool though. phisical-energetic side

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom