Growing With The Devil - Perpetual Grow

That's looks really good deville.... I'm guessing you would just dry your material and bust it and up it in the top and wait
Indeed. Then make oil out of the rest.

That my friend, is the best prized extractor based on the centrifuge principle I have seen so far - thank you for the tip

I still have a lot of catching up to do. So many people and journals. But damn it feels good to be back. That friggin decease was horrid. Took all the energy I had. Just getting out of bed was a task that seemed out of reach at some point. So tired - all the time. I kinda felt dead for a while and to the world I might just as well be.

I'm actually quite amazed with me managing to keep most of the strains alive during this period and even finished main-room and started two new grows.

Now I only have 50 plants growing. 32 in main room, 16 in the Mars-Hydro tent and 2 in the Homebox tent. Since I needed all the lamps in main room and had to use the bars in the small tent, I am officially out of lights, so I gave away the mothers to a friend. I will go to him and take clones from one of the plants whenever they get big as it's my last copy of White Widow. The biggest producer of them all. I did for a period consider to plant it with the big-buds in the small tent, but nah - I want to fill that tent up with Big-bud to be able to take a shitload of clones for a big grow a little bit later. Next round in Main-room will most likely be Train Wreck again. I wanna keep growing that strain until I get it perfected. Last round I allowed them to stay in vegg for two weeks. That was too long. This round I will flip them at day 7

Anyone have a clue what happened with Plantwrestler? I am trying to catch up with all my "friends" and I see his status is "on holiday"

That's a damn pity cause I kinda need to talk with that guy

Anyone have a clue what happened with Plantwrestler? I am trying to catch up with all my "friends" and I see his status is "on holiday"

That's a damn pity cause I kinda need to talk with that guy

I think he got drunk or something and went on a few peoples threads bad mouthing this site and sponsors so I reckon he is probably permanently "on holiday" around here. .

Welcome Cathy. It's an honor to have you here :)

@IrNlung - Thank you so much for the tip on the pollen extractor. I have done some research and have found that people are very happy with that little machine. Especially the 150 micron edition makes a very fine hash. It can handle up to 80 grams of dry material per run and it has variable speed, start/stop patterns. I don't like the "Ikea" plastic box though. But I bet you can build your own box for it and just use the drum and engine. Or perhaps add a silicone math in the bottom. It's ok - It's so cheap I can't afford to say no. Bubble hash got old really fast. Cold, wet, messy and extremely time consuming. I rather just throw it into a machine, extract what I can with it, then make oil from the remains. With a 150 micron filter, you'll get the fine pollen for hash, but there will also be enough left in the green material to make good oil as well. I bet you get max 50% of the trichomes out of there. That's so much better. With the bubble bags, the green material gets so wet and fucked up you have to turn it into oil instantly or discard of it. Dry sifting seems to be more logical if you want both hash and oil.

Tiny update - It seems the big-buds are dying. The temperature and humidity in the garage is too low. I added a little heater in the tent and also a humidifier. In the humidifier I added Canna Rhizotonic and Clonex. The idea is to raise humidity to 70-80% in the tent so the plants can take the nutrition directly out of the humid air. Now the conditions are perfect in that tent for rooting clones, so if I am very very lucky, one of them may survive. But I fear I discovered this too late.

This is really sad stuff. That plant has been with me for a long time and it has been my favourite strain for a very long time too. I know I can get new seeds, I know most big-bud plants would produce more and bigger buds. I never kept it because it was the best yielder. It was more like the best smoke and color. But yeah - I have wondered about getting a bigger producer from this strain and it seems I may have to

@IrNlung - Thank you so much for the tip on the pollen extractor. I have done some research and have found that people are very happy with that little machine. Especially the 150 micron edition makes a very fine hash. It can handle up to 80 grams of dry material per run and it has variable speed, start/stop patterns. I don't like the "Ikea" plastic box though. But I bet you can build your own box for it and just use the drum and engine. Or perhaps add a silicone math in the bottom. It's ok - It's so cheap I can't afford to say no. Bubble hash got old really fast. Cold, wet, messy and extremely time consuming. I rather just throw it into a machine, extract what I can with it, then make oil from the remains. With a 150 micron filter, you'll get the fine pollen for hash, but there will also be enough left in the green material to make good oil as well. I bet you get max 50% of the trichomes out of there. That's so much better. With the bubble bags, the green material gets so wet and fucked up you have to turn it into oil instantly or discard of it. Dry sifting seems to be more logical if you want both hash and oil.

That's exactly why I stopped making bubble...Too much waste..If you can keep it dry you will preserve terpenes so I dry sift then vape what's left at 190 then use the activated stuff in edibles

I'm hearing good stuff about that little tumbler and I might just purchase one myself lol, There is a video on the bubbleman's channel where he visit's a guy called the great gardener..he has upscale engineered the same idea..give it a watch if you have time...very impressive!:thumb:

thanks folks. It doesn't matter really. I mean - shit happens all the time and I had my fair share of shit coming my way. But I learn something every time. I really do. I was actually worried about the cold. The garage is leaking heat like a 220 micron filter :D

I probably should have shut down the growing activity for the winter in that building. But - I also have learned something new about Train Wreck - It doesn't mind the cold. Not at all. It's happy in there. I once lost the exhaust/intake in main-room and it got very close to 40 degrees Celsius in there. The Train Wreck didn't seem to mind that much either. If it had gone on for much longer I bet they would have cared. All these little accidents they teach you something about a strain. I like Train Wreck better and better. It can handle heat, cold, low humidity, high fertilization, low fertilization, doesn't scream after Cal Mag, grows fast, flower fast too, doesn't react much to pH fluctuations. It needs to get above 8-9 before it starts caring. Grows fine between 5.5-7.5 pH. extremely high potency, not the worst yielder either - I hope. I only finished it in soil so far so I don't know how much it will yield in hydro. The only way to kill it seems to be nitrogen overdose in mid flower :)

I'm a little uncertain what to write today. I was out looking at the big-buds, adjusted pH, wetted the tent-walls to raise humidity. Could not see any change from yesterday. They neither look worse or better. Very hard to guess whether or not they will survive at this point. Temps seems stabile now, but as soon as I start flowering the Train Wreck tent, the garage will lose 800 watts of heating 12 hours a day. That's gonna be problematic. There is no room in the big tent for heater, so I have connected the two tents together. The small tent vents directly into the big tents air-intake. Loaning humidity and heat from the small tent. I wonder if this will be enough to keep the temps up. February is soon here and that's the coldest month of the year around here.

This is gonna be a challenge. Will I get these plants to harvest? I don't know honestly, but I will try my best

"220V sieve diameter 20cm Screen Electric Vibrating Sieve Machine, Electric sieve shaker with timing function, Screening machine" for as little as US $135.00 / piece on AliExpress. You have to add around 250 USD in transportation costs as well, but still cheaper than a centrifugal wood hash extractor with only 220 microns as an option. It is also cheaper than the name-branded washing machines. Not as cheap as the Amazon knockoffs though, but seriously - you can get real lab equipment from China, you can get your custom trays with your own custom micron sizes. This machine is made for 20cm diameter trays, you can process a lot of material in those. Also exists in a 30cm version I saw. I think I will put one of these machines on my wishlist for when the production gets too big for me to hand wash. What do you think? I think this will probably work better than the machines they sell for dedicated hash-making. These machines are sturdy as fuck and will produce you kg after kg - until you are dead, then your kids can continue to make hash for generations to come with this machine :)

HTB1VGKUXdqUQKJjSZFIq6AOkFXaQ.jpg
l

Same machine $600 with shipping on Amazon....

The two big-bud clones are not looking worse, but neither looking better. No change the past days. Not sure if that's good or bad. But I think it's good - At least I managed to stop or slow down the dying. Perhaps even save them? We'll see. The good news is that the mother which I gave to a friend, is thriving in his closet, so the strain is not gone forever. I can take clones from him in a few weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom