Hash Fart Trying The Gelato OG Clone

What do you mean keep the pheno alive? What does that mean my skyboundhighboundhomie ? And I never seen the thc things so big they look like mushrooms , is that normal ? I think I'll chop it down next Friday and try to gently trim I heard lights out for 2 days before I chop it down ? And what humidity do I dry at? And for how long ,,,, here is a photo of a leaf showing the amber
Screenshot_20191108_173412_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

What do you mean keep the pheno alive? What does that mean my skyboundhighboundhomie ? And I never seen the thc things so big they look like mushrooms , is that normal ? I think I'll chop it down next Friday and try to gently trim I heard lights out for 2 days before I chop it down ? And what humidity do I dry at? And for how long ,,,, here is a photo of a leaf showing the amber

Keep it alive means to get clones. If your didn't already, I suggest leaving some foliage on it after harvest and toss it back in veg for 2 months till it reveges. If it's an auto strain, disregard this comment.

When drying, I hang my freshly chopped and washed/trimmed buds from coat hangers, then hang the coat hangers from my light fixture in bloom. I don't want the light, but I do NEED the oscillating fan to continually waft air across the hanging buds for 2-4 days to wisk away the majority of the wetness from inside the bud tissue. I also NEED all that stinky air to be filtered, and this is why I hang in my bloom room, because it's already set up for that, but the light exposure does degrade my trics. That's the tradeoff, so if you can build yourself a drying chamber with air movement and air filtration, do so.

When hanging, you don't want constant airflow across your chops, but you do want waves of it, so use the oscillating fan. Once dried, the outside of the buds get really crusty which can mislead you. Gently squeeze a bud to get a better idea of how much wetness is still in the center of the bud. It's definitely a skill that will take you few harvests to master, but do squeeze a few to develop that 'feel'. Once you think you got enough moisture out, take them all off the hangers and lay them down in a long flat tote with a "hygrometer" to measure the RH over time. On the first day in the tote, I'm checking the RH every 4 hours. If it climbs above 70%, you'll have to rehang them on the hangers in front of the fan for a while, then put them back into the tote with the hygrometer to get it down to 65%. Once you get the RH down to 65%, you'll want to keep working out the moisture, but slower so not to overshoot your final mark of 62%, but also because you don't want to ruin the cure. Once it's at 62%, you want it in jars and try to hold it at 60-62% for long term storage and cure. Ideal smoking RH is like 58%, but I smoke 62% all day, and in the summer, I'm smoking 65%. Some things I just can't control.

Recap

100%-70% .....rapid dry
70%-65%....... paced dry
65%-62%....... slow dry
62%................ cure

But what does this pheno mean and how do I take one

a pheno is a growth characteristic. Many strains have several known phenotypes. OG Kush for instance has 12 known phenos, each pheno was used to create thousands of crossed new strains. That plant your harveting, I have no idea it's name or pheno other than to say it is STUPID FROSTY, and a pheno like that, you just can't let go of and should try and keep it alive forever. Clones are more likely to keep the pheno expressions vs seeds.

Keep it alive means to get clones. If your didn't already, I suggest leaving some foliage on it after harvest and toss it back in veg for 2 months till it reveges. If it's an auto strain, disregard this comment.

When drying, I hang my freshly chopped and washed/trimmed buds from coat hangers, then hang the coat hangers from my light fixture in bloom. I don't want the light, but I do NEED the oscillating fan to continually waft air across the hanging buds for 2-4 days to wisk away the majority of the wetness from inside the bud tissue. I also NEED all that stinky air to be filtered, and this is why I hang in my bloom room, because it's already set up for that, but the light exposure does degrade my trics. That's the tradeoff, so if you can build yourself a drying chamber with air movement and air filtration, do so.

When hanging, you don't want constant airflow across your chops, but you do want waves of it, so use the oscillating fan. Once dried, the outside of the buds get really crusty which can mislead you. Gently squeeze a bud to get a better idea of how much wetness is still in the center of the bud. It's definitely a skill that will take you few harvests to master, but do squeeze a few to develop that 'feel'. Once you think you got enough moisture out, take them all off the hangers and lay them down in a long flat tote with a "hygrometer" to measure the RH over time. On the first day in the tote, I'm checking the RH every 4 hours. If it climbs above 70%, you'll have to rehang them on the hangers in front of the fan for a while, then put them back into the tote with the hygrometer to get it down to 65%. Once you get the RH down to 65%, you'll want to keep working out the moisture, but slower so not to overshoot your final mark of 62%, but also because you don't want to ruin the cure. Once it's at 62%, you want it in jars and try to hold it at 60-62% for long term storage and cure. Ideal smoking RH is like 58%, but I smoke 62% all day, and in the summer, I'm smoking 65%. Some things I just can't control.

Recap

100%-70% .....rapid dry
70%-65%....... paced dry
65%-62%....... slow dry
62%................ cure
Thank you my skyboundhighboundhomie for another simplified informative comment , all I got is the tent so putting back into veg where I'm drying might not work? But I do have family who is growing can I cut off a clone and put it in humidity dome and give to them ?

Thank you my skyboundhighboundhomie for another simplified informative comment , all I got is the tent so putting back into veg where I'm drying might not work? But I do have family who is growing can I cut off a clone and put it in humidity dome and give to them ?

I've never been in your shoes with having to take clones from bloom, I've always taken my clones while in veg in the event I find that gem like you have. Ask around on other threads how to Monster Crop. As far as I know, you just harvest like normal, but on the bottom of the plant, leave behind a runt branch and simply revert back to veg nutes and veg light schedule and after about a month, it starts to grow all sorts of crazy and weird new growth and grows dozens of new branches. When I read that, I knew that I never wanted to have to deal with that. It would be nice to do once just to say I did, but I never got around to it.

Gelat OG is just frosty, heres mine Hashfart.....
Probable we harvest at the same time.

Gelat OG is Gelato x OG kush by 00seeds.

Back
Top Bottom