Hash Fart Trying The Gelato OG Clone

Sweet baby ray I was tripping balls , skyboundhighbound when and how do I flush soil plants?

I do not know. I'm reading that maybe a flush is not needed, but I'm in the process of starting my first soil run, so I got some learning to do myself.

Hey HashFart....plants are looking good, man. FYI, the term 'flush' can mean a couple of things. One is a process used to fix your soil when your plants are showing nutrient toxicity. For that type of flush, you run a large amount of water through your pots to 'flush' out the nutrient overload.

The other 'flush' is where you back off feeding nutrients during the final couple weeks before you harvest. Folks have different opinions nowadays on whether or not a pre-harvest flush is necessary.

When do you begin to flush ? How much longer do you guys think I got ?
IMG_20191022_162847.jpg
IMG_20191022_162232.jpg

How long in bloom? What strain? In hydro, I'm takin'em right around 8 weeks even, but I hear that soil takes longer to finish them. Go on Amazon and get a $30 USB microscope. You can take them off the stand, plug them into your phone and an app allows you to zoom into the trichomes really good and clear so you can get an accurate estimate of your trics. At minimum, you want the majority of your trics to be cloudy and no longer clear. Beyond that, some growers like a percentage of their trics to be amber colored.

Edit - you'll also need a jack that converts the USB to whatever connects to your phone. FYI, the new Androids use USB type C. IDK what the iPhones use.

Looks like you flipped to 12/12 about 4 weeks back, so you're only 3 weeks into flower. Gelat.OG should go about 8 weeks. You've got about 5 weeks until harvest. If you're going to do a pre-harvest flush, stop adding nutrients to your water about a week before harvest. And do what skybound suggests to look at the trichomes once you're closer to harvest.

I’ve grown Seedsman Gelato OG twice now and it’s a very easy and strong strain. Dense sticky big buds..smells really strong in flower.

Tops & trains really well. Easy to clone...as you already know.

Doesn’t need any special attention that I’ve dealt with.
Yeah the gelato is doing fine , it's alot smaller then the widow but the widow is the one drooping? And big fan leaves are blocking light to buds what should I do?

Help my White widow seems to be top heavy and beginning to fall over
IMG_20191026_105331.jpg

If she's falling over get something to tie her up until you can get some plant yo-yos. I have 23 yo-yos in my tent.

The widow looks good to me. The fans are praying which means she’s happy. The fans aren’t shading that much and they’re very necessary.

If she’s getting top heavy a long dowel or support and loosely tie the stem.

I harvested both runs of gelato at 62 days. Didn’t even realize till I looked back at old notes after this weeks chop.
62 after 12 and 12

I'm with Alafornia, do whatever you gotta do to support them buds because many strains will grow way fatter buds than they can support, so once you start noticing that swell around week 4-5, get something going, either stakes from below or hangers from above or netting, anything, there's no rules outside of gravity, that's the only rule. I stapled 5' mesh netting to my 4' walls so when the time comes, the plant is already encompassed in netting, but something like that only works in small square rooms.

Hell yeah brother , this is my first grow I feel like a guy from Newfoundland with a green hard hat in the Berta oil patch , my skyboundhighbound homie has been guiding me through this grow , I do work a well paying job and can buy a new light I just don't know what kind to get? And why is the weed purple? Hash fart is down with purple
New light be good mate, but saying that, they look great for under a cfl.
I run the Gelat OG 63 days in flower.

On lighting, I use Ceramic Metal Halide, CMH.
I get good results , 4' x 8' tent only using 630w. Goes about 2 pound a grow or 1.3g per watt with minimal veg time.

There are also full spectrum LED lights that run at around 300w a light, and I have seen great results with them also.
The frost on full spectrum lit plants is insane....

Hope that helps, oh sp series leds from marshydeo here are good or for CMH HiPar. I got a flash controller set up like theirs.

Lately, I just save my trim b/c I can't decide what I want to do with them other than to know that I don't want to throw them away, lol. Look into making Rick Simpson Oil.

Well I hope these finish up soon , what do you guys do with sugar leaves?

I save them up in the freezer to make bubble hash.

If you're certain that there's all that amber, I'd say drop it right now. Keep that pheno alive because all I see is frost with the occasional spec of green matter.

Back
Top Bottom