HashGirl Implements A Perpetual Grow

I've reached out to a contractor we've used before who is cannabis-friendly to have vents installed so the 2 flower tents will vent outside.

I wanted to harvest Jade this week but I'm not sure it's worth it. She's very brown and dry, i.e. when taking off the fan leaves, buds snap off really easily and smells like hay.

I'm tired of having PM affect my plants and if venting outside is the best solution then that's what I'm going to do.

No, baking powder is sodium bicarbonate. They're similar, and sodium bicarbonate works the same way, but isn't as effective.
Hydrogen peroxide oxidizes into water and oxygen pretty quickly, so it isn't effective for very long.

Thanks, Mel. Any idea where I can get potassium bicarbonate?

There are several plants high in it including horsetail fern and stinging nettle.

Thanks, Azi. I didn't know what either of those look like but upon a quick search, it looks like we might have a lot of stinging nettle.

*** GIRL SCOUT COOKIES (GINA) UPDATE ***

Good afternoon.

The last time I updated you all about Gina was on September 24. She started flowering on October 9 after being flipped to 12/12 lighting on September 29. Since September 24, she has grown 11.5 inches taller. Here is her current information and pictures:

420 Update on Gina for September 24 to October 30, 2023.jpg

Gina - Day 1F:

Gina - Day 6F:

Gina - Day 11F:

Thanks, Mel. Any idea where I can get potassium bicarbonate?
I got it on amazon, but you can find it in places that sell supplies for winemaking, and possibly dietary supplements.
I heard there are people who take it for stomach issues, but they seem to be the same people who take colloidal silver and stuff like that.

*** SKUNK SPECIAL UPDATE ***
Next up is Skyla. The last time I reported on Skyla was September 26.

Skyla was moved to 12/12 lighting on October 1 and started flowering on October 10. She has been treated for PM 3x during this period. And, she has grown 16 inches since I last reported. Here is her current information and pictures:

420 Update on Skyla for September 27 to October 30, 2023.jpg

Skyla - Day 61:

Skyla - Day 5F:

Skyla - Day 11F:

Skyla - Day 17F:

What Mel said! Also. I tried 3% hydrogen peroxide and it didn't work for me, which is when I went to citric acid.

Also, for the record, "baking soda and baking powder are not the same. Sodium bicarbonate and bicarbonate of soda are other names for baking soda. Baking powder is made of baking soda plus cream of tartar and cornstarch."
Thanks for the info on baking soda/ powder Shedster. I have a thing for learning trivia. CL🍀

*** KALI'S MISTERY UPDATE ***

Last time I updated you on Kali was September 30. Since then, she's grown 4 inches taller and 9.5 inches wider. Here is her current info and pictures:

420 Update for Kali - October 1 to 30, 2023.jpg

Kali - Day 44:

Kali - Day 50:

Kali - Day 56:

Kali - Day 60:

Kali - Day 68:

It is my intention to flip Kali, Nia and Natasha to 12/12 lighting once the 2 Jack Herers are harvested (Should I bother given my question below?)

I wanted to harvest Jade this week but I'm not sure it's worth it. She's very brown and dry, i.e. when taking off the fan leaves, buds snap off really easily and smells like hay.

*** NBA DIESEL (NATASHA) UPDATE ***

Next up is Natasha. The last time I reported on Natasha was September 30, 2023. Since my last update, she has grown 4.5 inches taller and 9 inches wider. Here is her current info and pictures:

420 Update for Natasha - October 1 to 30, 2023.jpg

Natasha - Day 44:

Natasha - Day 50:

Natasha - Day 54 (Uppot Day):

Natasha - Day 63:

*** NBA DIESEL (NIA) UPDATE ***

The last time I reported on Nia was on September 30, 2023. Since then, she has grown 3.5 inches taller and 11.5 inches wider. Here is her current info and pictures:

420 Update for Nia - October 1 to 30, 2023.jpg

Nia - Day 44:

Nia - Day 50:

Nia - Day 54:

Nia - Day 63:

Nia - Day 68:

That's it for today. Thanks for following along. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

I'm wondering why a lot of the vegging plants look droopy in the pics. Is that because you tend to take pics when they're really dry?

I don't think so but I often am feeding them just as the lights come on so maybe that has something to do with it?

I don't think so but I often am feeding them just as the lights come on so maybe that has something to do with it?

Or just before the lights go out. Or because the LST is adjusted each feeding.

Or just before the lights go out. Or because the LST is adjusted each feeding.

Or because I run out of time in the morning and tend them in the evening. I always do the flowering plants first because the lights don't come back on until 1 a.m. and since there's more of them and they're bigger, they often take longer than I expect.

Or, because I'm just feeling lazy, which happens at least once a week. Or, maybe I'm just a terrible gardener. Take your pick. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Or because I run out of time in the morning and tend them in the evening. I always do the flowering plants first because the lights don't come back on until 1 a.m. and since there's more of them and they're bigger, they often take longer than I expect.

Or, because I'm just feeling lazy, which happens at least once a week. Or, maybe I'm just a terrible gardener. Take your pick. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I’ve seen plenty of your plants and you’re no horrible gardener HG. CL🍀

Good luck on the PM battle HG, I know you will prevail. Oh yes exhaust vents to outside the home sounds like a most excellent upgrade!!! Hope the change will do you right on enviro issues…

Felonious believes that if I stop doing a perpetual grow, the PM will go away. He also asked if I had cleaned out both tents at the same time, which I haven't because I have flowering plants. I have 3 other plants that are more than ready to be flipped so I'm considering setting up a veg light in the Great Room for the Lambs Bread and Pineapple Express. I'm also considering just running 2 tents, one for veg and one for flower. I still have the baker's rack for the first month of veg. If I got rid of one of the flower tents, it should be easier to get rid of the PM in the other.

Speaking of Pineapple Express...

*** PINEAPPLE EXPRESS INTRODUCTION ***

I've grown Pineapple Express before because it's one of my favourite strains. These seeds are from the same vendor (The Seed Pharm) as the ones I got previously that were supposed to be photos but were autos. These ones definitely aren't acting as autos so I think they're good.

Unfortunately, Penny had an accident on Day 24 and has ceased to exist. I let her get too spindly and she snapped in half. I taped her up to no avail. Here is the info on the strain.

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS (2 seeds)

Primary Terpenes:Beta-Caryophyllene, alpha-Humulene, Farnesene*
Genotype:Photoperiod
Phenotype:Sativa-Dominant (60% Sativa, 40% Indica)
Breeder:Barney’s Farm
Vendor / Sponsor:The Seed Pharm
Genetics:Hawaiian Landrace Sativa x Trainwreck
Projected Flowering Time:60 to 65 days
Projected Yield:500g/plant
THC %:6.6*
CBD %:<1
Items Marked with a *:The terpenes and cannabinoids were determined by testing. However, these may have been impacted by PM on the autoflower version I grew earlier this year. I plan to test it again at some point.

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS STRAIN OVERVIEW
The Pineapple Express strain is a slightly sativa-leaning hybrid, which is the result of the crossing of the Hawaiian and Trainwreck strains. Coming from the Hawaiian lineage, it’s no wonder this strain is touted for its delicious pineapple flavour. There are also some notes of apple and tangerine mixed in as well, so it makes for an ultra-fruity and juicy strain.

Even if you aren’t insanely familiar with cannabis culture, chances are you have probably heard of this beyond notorious strain. Whether you have seen the 2oo8 hilarious stoner classic by the same name, or if you have heard it being used in your social circles, there’s a reason why after all these years Pineapple Express is still all the rage. (Personally, I thought the movie, Pineapple Express, gave stoners a bad name. The main characters acted more like they were high on crack or heroin not cannabis. Now, the movie, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure is my idea of a good cannabis movie.)

It could be its energizing and uplifting high that brings about creative and focused energy, making it the best strain to go on adventures and seek out hidden treasures, or maybe it’s that sweet flavour that hangs on your tongue right after you’ve grabbed that first hit. Whatever may be the reason, Pineapple Express is still a well-balanced marijuana strain that not only tastes like it came down straight from the Heavens, but also keeps you buzzing, mildly enough so you can remain pushing through your day ahead.

What Is Pineapple Express?
Pineapple Express is classified technically as a well-balanced sativa dominant hybrid, with a ratio of 60% sativa and 40% indica. Although, this strain does pack in quite a grand portion of indica genetics, its energizing, heady yet body numbing effects are so far from it. The Pineapple Express strain’s parental lineage originates from a breeding of the landrace sativa Hawaiian strain and the hybrid strain Trainwreck.

With half of its genetics originating from an immensely pure strain that is of 100% sativa origins, it makes perfect sense why Pineapple Express would have such a strong declaration of sativa-style effects. Its THC levels typically range in the 16-26% range, so its high bringing effects are quite strong and powerful. You definitely won’t be left disappointed if a steady blaze is what you are desiring.

Pineapple Express Aroma, Flavor, Appearance
Pineapple Express marijuana smells a bit like sweet citrus mixed with some tropical fruit such as pineapple while the aroma it gives is earthy, piney, sweet, and kind of like pineapple. It has a nice fruity cocktail flavor with kind of a pine aftertaste. It’s basically tropical, sweet, and sour at the same time tipping over to some mango-citrus-like taste mixed with pineapple.

The Pineapple Express strain, appearance-wise, resembles an indica ever so slightly, with exceptionally densely packed buds that are long and tapered like the shape of a classic sativa. Just by having one look, it’s clear this potent strain is indeed a hybrid. Its long water leaves reach up high into the clouds, displaying shades of deep greens and sometimes tinges of burnt oranges and burgundy reds, a result if this strain had been cultivated in colder climates. The buds are sugary and crystalline, with a sagey, green shade that transforms in certain sections to a hazy yellow color, broken up by the amber orange of the pistils that reach and curl towards the sun.

Pineapple Express Grow Info
Pineapple Express grows into a dense but slightly stretched structure, contrasting light green foliage, follows by super chunky popcorn shaped buds emerge that shine with a lime and yellow coloring covered in Highly Resinous heavy sticky trichomes with fiery bright red and amber hairs resinous buds that can exceed 25% THC, and is most potent when 'super cropped', that exude unique scents of sweet pineapple and cedar, undertones of spices and cedar.

Pineapple Express is a tall growing cannabis strain, so if you are cultivating this girl indoors, make sure to have ample space for her branches to reach up high. Indoor grown Pineapple Express can blossom with just about any growing method including hydroponics or soil grown. Pineapple Express is a high yielding strain, with successful indoor grows typically promising around 18 ounces per square meter, and outdoor grows at around 19 ounces per plant. The flowering period of Pineapple Express weed is around 7-8 weeks, with the ideal harvest time for outdoor grown crops hitting around mid-October.

Pineapple Express Effects
Pineapple Express weed has the effects typical of a sativa strain with a fast-acting cerebral rush, long-lasting energetic effects materializing into a blast of energy initial energy boost, followed by a calming yet stimulating happily focused and alert full-body high followed by the sensation of relaxation and chatty happiness. The taste and aromas from Pineapple Express are distinctly tropical with fresh-cut pineapple with tropical fruit and mango with undertones of cedar and spice. Its smoky aromas are distinctively funky and skunky unique with a powerful citrus scent and irresistible fruity citrus blend.

Although we are aware of how insane the 2008 film Pineapple Express made this strain out to be, this cannabis is not nearly as strong as depicted, and certainly will not leave you dysfunctional or acting plain stupid. Instead, you can expect quite the contrary, with its potential to bring introspection and hefty cerebral effects, continuing all the way down to your body, which will fill right up with blissful relaxation, yet an urge to carry on. This hybrid truly is a quintessential balance, keeping its user within the happy medium of a totally creative spirit that is downright ready to journey out on an adventure, to a thought-provoking bookworm that just wants to keep it all in.

Regardless of what goes on with your mind, Pineapple Express weed will be body numbing, making any pains or aches you might be having physically quickly melt away, all while keeping the mind sharp and concentrated. Not ideal for a morning pre-work smoke, Pineapple Express can sometimes leave you feeling a tad bit too spacey to function at the workplace, but right after you get home or even on a day off, if you need that good green stuff to act as a little pick-me-up, Pineapple Express is exactly the road you should turn down.

Medical Benefits of Pineapple Express
Probably the most severe medical condition that Pineapple Express has been known to be of immense help with, is clinical depression. Due to its uplifting and energizing nature, for those who are suffering from a mental condition, especially one that can be as debilitating and fatigue-inducing as depression, Pineapple Express has a way of getting its patients re-motivated and excited for going out and getting things done.

Additionally, it sets its consumers into good spirits, making it not only a wonderful strain for increasing energy, but also for calming the mind and simultaneously bringing in positive thoughts. Others who are dealing with anxiety, stress and even PTSD, have also found relief from this fruity and tropical strain. If you are experiencing a mental condition and are looking towards this powerful hybrid for relief, it is important to know your limits of consumption and only intake an amount that you know is a safe level for you. Over consuming any strain of marijuana while handling a mental disorder, can lead to a worsening in stress, anxiety and even paranoia.

In addition to mental conditions, Pineapple Express is valuable for those managing chronic pain, or just moderate to mild pains. If you are consuming it for these reasons, a large dose may be in order to feel the full extent of its effects. Consuming edibles, concentrates, candies, live resins, and shatters are all ways that ensure a higher dosage but are still convenient for use.

GOAL PHOTO
pineapple-express_12_629296.jpg

420 Update for Poppy - September 21 to November 1, 2023.jpg

*** PINEAPPLE EXPRESS (POPPY) UPDATE ***

Poppy was born on September 21, 2023. Poppy was topped and uppotted on October 26, 2023. Here is her info and pics. She got a little too close to the light so she has a couple of slightly burnt leaves.

420 Update for Poppy - September 21 to November 1, 2023.jpg

Penny & Poppy:

Poppy - Day 3:

Poppy - Day 14:

Poppy - Day 24:

Poppy - Day 28:

Poppy - Day 33:

Poppy - Day 36 (Uppot Day):

Poppy - Day 44:

I'm not going to post Penny's pictures except for this one so you can see the pathetic job I did on her:

Pineapple Express (Penny)-Day 24-q.JPG

Thanks for following along. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

*** CHERRY DIESEL UPDATE ***
Good afternoon.

The last time I updated you on Cherise was on October 28. Since then, she's grown 1 inch taller and -5 inches wide. And, she was treated for PM once.

Here is her current info and photos:

420 Update for Cherry Diesel - October 28 to November 8, 2023.jpg

Cherise - Day 36F:

Cherise - Day 39F:

Back
Top Bottom