HashGirl Implements A Perpetual Grow

Nice gardening HG! I have added Diatomaceous Earth to my soil mix the last couple of years, and I'll be adding more when I put together a new/old combined mix shortly.
I don't know if it is related but my last outdoor grow I never sprayed, because virtually no bugs attacked, I was surprised. Who knows, maybe it's the silica from the DE making them stronger against attack.

That's good to know, Stunger. Thanks for the feedback.

*** HARVEST UPDATE - CASSIE ***

Café Racer - Sativa-Dominant Photoperiod
Days in Veg = 98
Days in Flower = 85
Harvest Date = September 22, 2023
Final Yield = 57 grams

Good evening. I last reported on Cassie on September 3. She was harvested on September 22 and here are her remaining photos.

Cassie - Day 65F:

Cassie - Day 74F:

Cassie - Trichomes on Day 77F:

Cassie - Day 86F - Harvest Day:

Cassie - Trim Day:

Thanks for following along. Questions, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Good afternoon.

I've decided that a perpetual grow is not for me so I'll let the plants that are currently in flower finish before I move the plants from late veg into flower. I have the 2 Lambs Bread Elite plants for the @Canuk Seeds comparative grow plus one Pineapple Express on the baker's rack. They'll be uppotted to 1-gallon pots when the time comes and then moved into the veg tent.

There are a few reasons why I've decided that a perpetual grow isn't for me. I'm the only cannabis consumer in this house and so growing 4 new plants every month is a lot. I currently have 22 strains with which to get high along with 8 strains that are strictly for medical purposes. And, I'm growing 6 strains now for getting high so I'll have 28 strains to get high with when they're finished. The total amount of cannabis that I have for these strains is 56 ounces / 4 pounds.

When I move Kali, Natasha and Nia to the flower tent, that's when I'll start new seeds. I'm considering just growing 3 plants each time I start a new cycle so they fit better in the 5x5 tents.

I've dealt with mildew/pm before on a perpetual grow of my own. It can only grow in a humid environment. I see you have inline fans going out of the tent. That's a start. If the room is sealed like mine was then you are only recirculating the same humid air that you just exhausted out of the tent and that's what's is causing your pm... having a dryer vent installed leading to the outside with an inline fan attached to blow all the moisture out of the room should rectify your pm problem. Yes peroxide will kill on contact. That wont stop it from continuing to grow in places if you dont find the source of the problem which is warm moist air in or out of your tent condensing into water vapor causing mould. The cool dry air you have up there doesn't help either. That's what's causing the warm moist air to condensate. Which is causing your mold. I had the same problem before I installed a vent to the outside. Hope this helps.
Goodluck HG !! ❤

Venting the 2 flowering tents outside isn't an easy task for us. Neither my husband nor I are handy and we don't want just anyone knowing we grow. It's legal here but we still worry about people knowing. We haven't ruled it out yet but it won't be an easy fix.

Nice gardening HG! I have added Diatomaceous Earth to my soil mix the last couple of years, and I'll be adding more when I put together a new/old combined mix shortly.
I don't know if it is related but my last outdoor grow I never sprayed, because virtually no bugs attacked, I was surprised. Who knows, maybe it's the silica from the DE making them stronger against attack.

Hi Stunger.

How much diatomaceous earth did you add to your soil mix? In a 5-gallon pot, I added half a cup along with 5 gallons roughly of ProMix.

*** HARVEST UPDATE - CINDY ***

Good afternoon.

Of the 4 outdoor girls, I only got usable buds off of Cindy. The rest of the plants were all bud rot. Felonious didn't do a very good job with them but part of that was because of the wet and cooler weather we had this summer.

Cinderella '99 Fast - Sativa-Dominant Photoperiod
Days in Veg = 110
Days in Flower = 66
Projected Flowering Period = 42 to 49 Days
Harvest Date = October 15, 2023
Final Yield = 6 grams

Cindy - Day 41F:

Cindy - Day 52F:

Cindy - Day 54F - This photo was taken to share with @Krissi Carbone as I tried back-building 2 of the buds and I wanted to see if she could tell.

Cindy - Day 67F (Harvest Day):

Cindy - Trimming Day:

To be continued...

*** GLOWSTARZ (GLORIA) UPDATE ***
Gloria was born on April 22, 2023. I pronounced her dead on October 15, 2023. She was an indica-dominant photoperiod bred by Paradise Seeds. Here are her last pictures:

Gloria - Day 31F:

Gloria - Day 57F:

To be continued...

*** SWEET TOOTH #3 (STELLA) UPDATE ***

Stella was born on April 22, 2023 and I pronounced her dead on October 15, 2023. Here are her last pictures:

Stella - Day 33F:

Stella - Day 59F:

Thanks for following along. Questions, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Of the 4 outdoor girls, I only got usable buds off of Cindy.
So sorry about the rot, HashGirl- better weather next year, I hope...👍
I think mother nature is pissed at all of us...

*** CHERRY DIESEL UPDATE ***

Good afternoon.

Today's update (the first?) is on Cherise, our Cherry Diesel. Cherise was born on July 29, 2023. The last time I reported on her was on September 22. She was moved to 12/12 lighting on September 29. She was showing pistils on October 4 after 5 days of 12/12 light and I called her in flower on October 9, 5 days after that. She grew about 10 inches taller between September 24 and October 9.

Here is her current info and pics:

420 Update for Cherise - September 22 to October 27, 2023.jpg

Cherise - Day 58:

Cherise - Day 1F:

Cherise - Day 18F:

Cherise - Day 24F:

Cherise - Day 29F:

To be continued...

*** GIRL SCOUT COOKIES (GEMMA) UPDATE ***
Next up, we have Gemma. I last reported on Gemma on September 25.

Gemma was born on July 22, 2023 and was flipped to 12/12 lighting on September 29 and like Cherise, she was showing pistils by October 4 and flowers by October 9. Here is her info and pics:

420 Update for Gemma - September 25 to October 28, 2023.jpg

Gemma - Day 2F:

Gemma - Day 8F:

Gemma - Day 14F:

Gemma - Day 19F:

That's it from me today. Questions, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

I'm with Carcass...sems like the weather took a heavy toll on more than a few outside growers this summer. :(

What light are you flowering under in the 5x5? If it fills the space you should be able to do at least four plants if you needed to.
Bummer about the rot HG, lots of growers are having issues with it lately. CL🍀

Hey HashGirl,

Just doing a drive-by to see what’s cooking!! For realz, you never disappoint:)

Saw your mention about silica on previous page & wanted to respond. I’ve used both sand and DE in my soil mix in the past. Mind you- I didn’t do any side by side comparison so I’m not sure if there were any benefits. I’ve also used Stout MSA and IIRC supposedly the monosilica acid version is immediately ready for uptake by the plant…. he, he, he, maybe I shouldn’t have gotten stoned after lunch erryday before science class.

Oh yes ma’am- the silica products I’ve seen are quite pricey, think that Stout MSA was like $75-80 for a gallon. But mostly I wanted to remind you that Farside05 has a homebrew hack for silica listed in his bag of tricks. Never tried it but he is usually the bomb-ditty so I’m sure it’s spot on as always. Goodness knows we all have a metric crapton of expensive potions, so getting something on the cheap (finally) is way cool.

Im guessing (hoping!!) that whiteish appearance on the fans is residual from citric acid spray?

You have quite the garden both indoors and outside. I’m in “throw you under the jail territory” so I’m always jealous of you outdoor grower aficionados. Lady…. you are killing it with strain diversity over here, it’s enough to put Baskin Robbins 31 flavors to shame!!

voiceover by Ace Ventura…. All righty then!

Sorry you are being troubled so by wpm HG. Is the weather very humid where you are?

No, not at all. That's why it's so weird. It's currently 42% Rh in the tents.

Hey HashGirl,

Just doing a drive-by to see what’s cooking!! For realz, you never disappoint:)

Saw your mention about silica on previous page & wanted to respond. I’ve used both sand and DE in my soil mix in the past. Mind you- I didn’t do any side by side comparison so I’m not sure if there were any benefits. I’ve also used Stout MSA and IIRC supposedly the monosilica acid version is immediately ready for uptake by the plant…. he, he, he, maybe I shouldn’t have gotten stoned after lunch erryday before science class.

Oh yes ma’am- the silica products I’ve seen are quite pricey, think that Stout MSA was like $75-80 for a gallon. But mostly I wanted to remind you that Farside05 has a homebrew hack for silica listed in his bag of tricks. Never tried it but he is usually the bomb-ditty so I’m sure it’s spot on as always. Goodness knows we all have a metric crapton of expensive potions, so getting something on the cheap (finally) is way cool.

Thanks, 013. I've used GroTek Gro-Silic (Available Silicon (Si(OH)4) .......... 44.0%, Boron (B)(actual) .......... 0.009%, Molybdenum (Mo)(actual) .......... 0.0015%) in the past but it was expensive so now I'm using ZumSil Silica Monosilicic Acid.
@Azimuth posted a link about making silica naturally on one of my other threads. Apparently, you use dandelions. However, I don't know about where you live but we hardly got any dandelions this year so even if I had gotten my act in gear, I wouldn't have had the dandelions for it.

Im guessing (hoping!!) that whiteish appearance on the fans is residual from citric acid spray?

I've been fighting PM all year in my flowering tents. I've been told I need to vent the tents outside for this to stop but that is not an easy thing to do/arrange.

You have quite the garden both indoors and outside. I’m in “throw you under the jail territory” so I’m always jealous of you outdoor grower aficionados. Lady…. you are killing it with strain diversity over here, it’s enough to put Baskin Robbins 31 flavors to shame!!

voiceover by Ace Ventura…. All righty then!

Personally, I hate growing outside since it's harder to control the environment. But, Felonious likes growing outside so I let him have 3 seeds I had no interest in. The only plant outside that I had any interest in was the Cinderella '99.

Both are looking good but it I'm thinking you might want to give @Melville Hobbes' potassium bicarbonate a try for the PM, since the citric acid isn't keeping you ahead of the game at all.

Is potassium bicarbonate baking powder? If hydrogen peroxide kills PM on contact, why isn't it used as a preventative?

Is potassium bicarbonate baking powder? If hydrogen peroxide kills PM on contact, why isn't it used as a preventative?
No, baking powder is sodium bicarbonate. They're similar, and sodium bicarbonate works the same way, but isn't as effective.
Hydrogen peroxide oxidizes into water and oxygen pretty quickly, so it isn't effective for very long.

@Azimuth posted a link about making silica naturally on one of my other threads. Apparently, you use dandelions. However, I don't know about where you live but we hardly got any dandelions this year so even if I had gotten my act in gear, I wouldn't have had the dandelions for it.

There are several plants high in it including horsetail fern and stinging nettle.

Back
Top Bottom