HashGirl's 2021/2022 Grow: Blue Dream, Clementine, Gelato & Pineapple Express In ProMix

Do you think mixing up a Neem solution would warrant another sprayer?
I do. It's hard to really clean sprayers between uses, so I have one for each product. They're not expensive to have a few different ones on hand.

I started with regular 32oz sprayer bottles and then moved up to the pressurized pump kind that hold 64oz. Now I've added two 1gallon sprayers, one for citric acid and the other for neem. If I had storage room I'd only use the 1 gallon kind because that wand makes it much easier to spray the plants bottom to top and inside and out.

Each sprayer is labeled with the contents and dilution so I don't have to keep calculating it!

*** Weekly Update ***

Good afternoon.

The main highlight this week is that I'm still spraying the plants for bugs. This week I used the 9% alcohol solution. Felonious bought me a new Solo sprayer so I will be mixing up some neem soon. Remind me again, does neem have to be rinsed off? I know to not use it in flower.

Without further ado, here are the pics. Please note that I forgot to take photos of GEL1, PE2 and PE3 and since it's currently lights out, you'll have to accept that. However, I do have trichome pics of both Gelatos.

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

BBa1 - Day 42 (+22):

Photo 2 - BBa1.jpeg

Photo 3 - BBa1.jpeg

BBa2 - Day 74 (+3):

Photo 4 - BBa2.jpeg

Photo 5 - BBa2.jpeg

BBa3 - Day 16:

Photo 6 - BBa3.jpeg

Photo 7 - BBa3.jpeg

BBa4 - Day 16:

Photo 8 - BBa4.jpeg

Photo 9 - BBa4.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Weekly Update cont'd...***

BD - Day 81:

Photo 10 - BD.jpeg

Photo 11 - BD.jpeg

CLEM1 - Day 85 (+22):

Photo 12 - Clem1.jpeg

Photo 13 - Clem1.jpeg

Photo 14 - Clem1.jpeg

CLEM2 - Day 83 (+22):

Photo 15 - Clem2.jpeg

Photo 16 - Clem2.jpeg

Photo 17 - Clem2.jpeg

GEL1 - Day 80 (+64):

Photo 18 - GEL1.jpeg

Photo 19 - GEL1.jpeg

To be continued...

GEL2 - Day 79 (+64):

Photo 21 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 22 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 23 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 24 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 25 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 26 - GEL2.jpeg

PE1 - Day 81:

Photo 29 - PE1.jpeg

Photo 30 - PE1.jpeg

And, that's all I have. The Gelato trichomes look good and I'll probably chop down this week. The plan is to harvest the Gelatos this week and then put the Pineapple Expresses and the Blue Dream into flower.

And, I need to start planning my summer grow. The plants I know for sure are Blueberry and CB Dutch Treat. The rest are still to be decided.

Thanks for following along. Comments are always welcome.

Love the BBa 1 and 2, hate the BBa 3 and 4. Though the side view on BBa 3 cracked me up!

Since the bugs live under the leaves, if you roll the pot edge down on BBa 2 (and tip it away from you) you can get the spray underneath.

BD is looking good and on the Clems you may want to thin the middle a liddle to get some airflow.

The Gels are flopping :), and if you have room you might want to consider tying the leaders flat on the Pineapple Express.

Looking good (except the new round of BBa ;) )!

Remind me again, does neem have to be rinsed off? I know to not use it in flower.
Only the Safers needs to be rinsed off.

...have you actually determined it's aphids?...I may have missed a page or two, but I don't recall seeing any pics, and they're quite noticeable with the naked eye...your girlz are small enuff' that they would be easy to invert and dunk in a solution in a bucket/pail, to ensure coverage...in any event, concentrate on the undersides of leaves, and nooks and cranny's, whatever the pest is...be consistent and look up life cycles of perceived pests, and treat accordingly to try for eradication, or at least keep them manageable...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k... :hookah: ...

...we're not Kansas anymore Toto...

not kansas

GEL2 - Day 79 (+64):

Photo 21 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 22 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 23 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 24 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 25 - GEL2.jpeg

Photo 26 - GEL2.jpeg

PE1 - Day 81:

Photo 29 - PE1.jpeg

Photo 30 - PE1.jpeg

And, that's all I have. The Gelato trichomes look good and I'll probably chop down this week. The plan is to harvest the Gelatos this week and then put the Pineapple Expresses and the Blue Dream into flower.

And, I need to start planning my summer grow. The plants I know for sure are Blueberry and CB Dutch Treat. The rest are still to be decided.

Thanks for following along. Comments are always welcome.
Nice update! BB1 and BB2 are like polar opposites eh? I guess you "lollipopped" BB1? Isn't that approximately what that type of training is? That cola's gonna be HUGE!!!!

Looks like you may be getting pretty close on the Gelatos, especially the first one, yes? What do you think, a week or less on her?

I'm in love with Chem1. Will you pass her a note for me? Lol.

:thumb:

Love the BBa 1 and 2, hate the BBa 3 and 4. Though the side view on BBa 3 cracked me up!

Why do you hate BBa3 & 4? Is it because they're 2 weeks old but still tiny? Maybe this pic of BBa3 will cheer you up. She's gained a couple of millimetres width-wise.

BBa3 - 25-Feb-22.jpg

Since the bugs live under the leaves, if you roll the pot edge down on BBa 2 (and tip it away from you) you can get the spray underneath.

Thank you. I have already been doing it this way with the shorter plants

BD is looking good and on the Clems you may want to thin the middle a liddle to get some airflow.

I was planning on doing that when they were done their stretch.

The Gels are flopping :), and if you have room you might want to consider tying the leaders flat on the Pineapple Express.

When you say "tying the leaders flat", do you mean supercropping the taller colas on the PEs?

Only the Safers needs to be rinsed off.

Really? The alcohol dilution doesn't, too? That's good to know since I have been rinsing.

...have you actually determined it's aphids?...I may have missed a page or two, but I don't recall seeing any pics, and they're quite noticeable with the naked eye...your girlz are small enuff' that they would be easy to invert and dunk in a solution in a bucket/pail, to ensure coverage...in any event, concentrate on the undersides of leaves, and nooks and cranny's, whatever the pest is...be consistent and look up life cycles of perceived pests, and treat accordingly to try for eradication, or at least keep them manageable...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k... :hookah: ...

...we're not Kansas anymore Toto...

not kansas

They're little yellow bugs that look like this:

Thrips.jpeg

I don't have that many. I've only seen one or two on them when I spray.

I would have guessed thrips or mites from the bite pattern.

Nice update! BB1 and BB2 are like polar opposites eh? I guess you "lollipopped" BB1? Isn't that approximately what that type of training is? That cola's gonna be HUGE!!!!

I didn't do anything to BBa1 as she was runty for a long time because I neglected to "feed" her and then when she started growing, her pistils popped out so she didn't get topped.

Looks like you may be getting pretty close on the Gelatos, especially the first one, yes? What do you think, a week or less on her?

Yes, I'm planning on harvesting them this week. I've just been reading up on the low and slow method of curing as my buds from the last few crops have been too dry to make rosin. And, I really want to make rosin so obviously, I need to up my curing game.

I'm in love with Chem1. Clem1 Will you pass her a note for me? Lol.

:thumb:

FTFY

Why do you hate BBa3 & 4? Is it because they're 2 weeks old but still tiny? Maybe this pic of BBa3 will cheer you up. She's gained a couple of millimetres width-wise.
Yes, because I think they are wasting your time! But I'm glad you found your calipers so you can measure their growth. :cheesygrinsmiley:
When you say "tying the leaders flat", do you mean supercropping the taller colas on the PEs?
Colas? Sorry, I meant the vegging PE that has some runaway branches in the second to last pic.
Really? The alcohol dilution doesn't, too? That's good to know since I have been rinsing.
Alcohol evaporates, and then does the water.
They're little yellow bugs that look like this
Those are thrips. As a matter of fact, your picture is on this webpage all about thrips!

Colas? Sorry, I meant the vegging PE that has some runaway branches in the second to last pic.

Okay. Cool. I adjusted the LSTing on the PEs and BD.

Alcohol evaporates, and then does the water.

:thanks:

Those are thrips. As a matter of fact, your picture is on this webpage all about thrips!

That's exactly where I got my thrips pic from. I hadn't taken any photos showing the ones I saw so I figured this pic would be better than nothing.

Maybe this pic of BBa3 will cheer you up
Hi, HashGirl!
There may be a problem with that one.....I don't see a growth point (next set of leaves) coming in on her, you may have to top her and grow out the 2 branches from node 1.
That's exactly what my Alaskan Purple looked like, so I topped it and it grew into a real nice plant...

BBa3 - 25-Feb-22.jpg

Thank you. I have already been doing it this way with the shorter plants

I was planning on doing that when they were done their stretch.

They're little yellow bugs that look like this:

Thrips.jpeg

I don't have that many. I've only seen one or two on them when I spray.

I didn't do anything to BBa1 as she was runty for a long time because I neglected to "feed" her and then when she started growing, her pistils popped out so she didn't get topped.

Yes, I'm planning on harvesting them this week. I've just been reading up on the low and slow method of curing as my buds from the last few crops have been too dry to make rosin. And, I really want to make rosin so obviously, I need to up my curing game.

FTFY
FTFY? I know, I got her damn name wrong again. Lol. By the way, if those bugs are aphids they look nothing like my aphids. I don't know bugs much but I'd guess something besides aphids.

Yeah, thems be thrips. That's the pest I battle with most. I started adding some neem and karanja powder to my soil mix and haven't seen 'em since. But hasn't been long enough to draw any conclusive conclusions yet. ;)

When you water the plant takes it up internally and they act as a systemic. At least that's the theory. So far it's been true, and hopefully it continues.

You'll get back to us, yes? :reading420magazine:
Can do. I usually get the thrips when I up-pot. I think they must come in with the worm castings I add to my mix. They usually show up, or at least I start noticing them, about a week or two after changing pots. So far it's been 3 or 4 weeks and I keep scoping the plants because I can't believe the little bastards aren't there. But, so far so good.

And, that's a Clackams Coot idea. I just stole it for my grow because, you know, the man knows his stuff.

Hi, HashGirl!
There may be a problem with that one.....I don't see a growth point (next set of leaves) coming in on her, you may have to top her and grow out the 2 branches from node 1.
That's exactly what my Alaskan Purple looked like, so I topped it and it grew into a real nice plant...

She seems kinda small to be topped already. She's not even an inch tall yet. But, I will definitely take this under advisement when it gets a little taller. :thanks:

Yeah, thems be thrips. That's the pest I battle with most. I started adding some neem and karanja powder to my soil mix and haven't seen 'em since. But hasn't been long enough to draw any conclusive conclusions yet. ;)

When you water the plant takes it up internally and they act as a systemic. At least that's the theory. So far it's been true, and hopefully it continues.

Thank you, Azi. How much do you add of both the neem and karanja powders? And, can they be added to ProMix? What about liquid neem concentrate? Could I add that to the ProMix?

How much do you add of both the neem and karanja powders? And, can they be added to ProMix? What about liquid neem concentrate? Could I add that to the ProMix?
I add 1 Tbl /gal of soil mix of each as well as crustacean meal. If you're growing organically and using microbes, the crustacean meal encourages the microbes that break down chitinase which is found in crab shells. Chitinase is also found in the exoskeleton of many bugs so those microbes can act as an insecticide in your mix. He also adds kelp meal but I use my KNF version instead.

Coot's original recipe calls for 1/2-1 cup of each of them per cubic foot of soil, or roughly 7.2 gallons. I never need that much so I scaled it down to an amount useful for me. His base mix is 1/3 each CSPM, aeration, and compost. I've never used Promix but my understanding is it is CSPM based, and if so, you should be fine.

And I don't know about substituting the liquid version of neem in your mix. Maybe adding some of the concentrate with your water so the plant takes it up? Not sure. @bobrown14 is our resident Coots expert so maybe he can weigh in on whether you could substitute liquid neem concentrate for the dry neem meal in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom