HashGirl's 2021/2022 Grow: Blue Dream, Clementine, Gelato & Pineapple Express In ProMix

I add 1 Tbl /gal of soil mix of each as well as crustacean meal. If you're growing organically and using microbes, the crustacean meal encourages the microbes that break down chitinase which is found in crab shells. Chitinase is also found in the exoskeleton of many bugs so those microbes can act as an insecticide in your mix. He also adds kelp meal but I use my KNF version instead.

Coot's original recipe calls for 1/2-1 cup of each of them per cubic foot of soil, or roughly 7.2 gallons. I never need that much so I scaled it down to an amount useful for me. His base mix is 1/3 each CSPM, aeration, and compost. I've never used Promix but my understanding is it is CSPM based, and if so, you should be fine.

And I don't know about substituting the liquid version of neem in your mix. Maybe adding some of the concentrate with your water so the plant takes it up? Not sure. @bobrown14 is our resident Coots expert so maybe he can weigh in on whether you could substitute liquid neem concentrate for the dry neem meal in the mix.

Thank you, Azi. I found this article, which seems to indicate I could use oil or powder.

Stop Bugs Eating Plants

Why do you hate BBa3 & 4? Is it because they're 2 weeks old but still tiny? Maybe this pic of BBa3 will cheer you up. She's gained a couple of millimetres width-wise.
I think you do you, Daisy. Time invested in an interest or a passion is never wasted imo. Lessons can be learned and new information and understanding can be gained.

I’ve been known to nurture monstercropped clones for weeks before I get a sign of new grown. I love the process of watching plant life come back from nothing.

Thanks for that article, HG. I saw a podcast a while back where Coot was a guest and he talked about a public project just like the one in the article. I'll bet it was the same one. The soil amendments read like a Clackamas Coot recipe so it has his finger prints all over it.

Good read.

I just ran across this post from the estimable @MrSauga and wanted to offer a gentle correction.

The molecule in the analysis - Si (OH)4 - is only 28% silicon (Si has an atomic mass of 14 in a molecule with a total mass of 50). So 44% of this molecule in solution actually provides 12.3% Si. And 1ml/L of this solution would provide 123.3 ppm of Si to your plants. I would recommend staying under 0.5ml/L.

Hi Felipe.

My instructions say:

I suggest making a liter of a 5% solution, which should last you a while. To do that you need to do the following:

Measure 115mL of your silica. Add 885mL of distilled water. This will give you one liter of a 5% silica solution.

Once that is done, you can then add that solution to your 10L of water in the following amounts:

- For early veg and flower, you add 6 grams of the solution... that's correct, grams, not mL's, to 10L of water.

- For mid through late veg, you add 10 grams of the solution to 10L of water

So, with your numbers, I come up with 5 ml of silica per 1L of silica solution. Is that right?

IKR! :laughtwo:

Just remember that 1ml in 10L provides 12.3 ppm and decide how much you want to give them.
:passitleft:

I have no idea about ppm. Can I dose them the same way Mr. Sauga suggested with the new dilution?

Hi HashGirl

Where did these instructions come from? Did the source assume that the GroTek was 44% Si?

I suggest making a liter of a 5% solution, which should last you a while. To do that you need to do the following:

Measure 115mL of your silica. Add 885mL of distilled water. This will give you one liter of a 5% silica solution.

Once that is done, you can then add that solution to your 10L of water in the following amounts:

- For early veg and flower, you add 6 grams of the solution... that's correct, grams, not mL's, to 10L of water.

- For mid through late veg, you add 10 grams of the solution to 10L of water
I would suggest going back to the source and request revised instructions using the correct concentration of 12.3% Si.

Or..
You could just add 0.1ml/L of straight GroTek for each 12.3 ppm of Si that you want. I think I would use 0.2ml/L to start and go up to 0.3ml/L by late veg/stretch. You probably don’t need it after stretch.

Hi HashGirl

Where did these instructions come from?

These are the instructions from Mr. S. My silica is:

• GroTek Gro-Silic (Available Silicon (Si(OH)4) .......... 44.0%, Boron (B)(actual) .......... 0.009%, Molybdenum (Mo)(actual) .......... 0.0015%)
Did the source assume that the GroTek was 44% Si?

I would suggest going back to the source and request revised instructions using the correct concentration of 12.3% Si.

@MrSauga - could you please help me with this?
Or..
You could just add 0.1ml/L of straight GroTek for each 12.3 ppm of Si that you want. I think I would use 0.2ml/L to start and go up to 0.3ml/L by late veg/stretch. You probably don’t need it after stretch.

I don't measure ppm so please let me know how much per litre instead. :thanks:

It’s in the post you quoted - but to reiterate - I would start with 0.2ml/L (1ml in 5L) and go as high as 0.3ml/L (1.5ml in 5L) by the start of stretch. Reading further - you probably won’t need it after stretch.

It’s in the post you quoted - but to reiterate - I would start with 0.2ml/L (1ml in 5L) and go as high as 0.3ml/L (1.5ml in 5L) by the start of stretch. Reading further - you probably won’t need it after stretch.

At 12.3%, for 30 ppm you would use .25 gm's/L. For 50 ppm you would use .4 grams /L.

Felipe is measuring in volume and MrS is measuring by weight (and ppm, which I don't do). Are these the same amounts?

Sorry for the delay in getting back here. I've been out at appointments regarding my knee the past 2 days.

Felipe is measuring in volume and MrS is measuring by weight (and ppm, which I don't do). Are these the same amounts?

Sorry for the delay in getting back here. I've been out at appointments regarding my knee the past 2 days.

I would stick with Felipe to avoid confusion.

Look what I got in the mail yesterday:

CB DT & MG Seeds.jpg

The CB Dutch Treat is a staple plant for me and Crop King and other Canadian seed sellers seem to be the only places that sell them. I don't love the germination rate I've had with CK and the others so after I grow these ones, I will be looking for a strain to replace the CB Dutch Treat.

And, the Melon Gum were mainly purchased because @ProfessorFlora grew such a beautiful one. :battingeyelashes: And, because the terpenes look good for me.

I've never understood the long tap root paper towel method except it makes you feel like you know it's growing when you plant it. When a seed splits in nature it's located in its final home and doesn't get handled or exposed to light after that. Tails also mean that you will have to make a bigger and deeper hole to put it into so as not to damage the tap root.

Way too many variables for me. I plant them like Otter does, as soon as they split, and I try to drop them in with the tap pointing down (though some end up sideways) and have never had one with a tap root above soil yet.

I think warmth is key, so I always sprout at 80ºF. Not just the heat mat, the entire environment. My temp gauge is in the actual peat.

:goodluck: HG! I do know that one of those seed sellers had their first word replaced with "crap" because of seed germination problems.

That's why I bought it because using my normal grinder often hurts my hands. Here's my normal grinder:

Grinder.jpg

We had guys like that, too in my office. I always believed that they had low self-esteem if they were that sensitive to pink.

I have one of these as well. Mine is a Black & Decker and that's what we use to grind buds for capsules. The grinder I bought most recently will be for grinding whatever I'm smoking that day. It's just going to be my personal-sized grinder. It only holds 2 grams at a time.

On the Canadian site, the pink one was $55.99 and the black one was $59.99.
Only downside to very sticky weed...

CB DT & MG Seeds.jpg

The CB Dutch Treat is a staple plant for me and Crop King and other Canadian seed sellers seem to be the only places that sell them. I don't love the germination rate I've had with CK and the others so after I grow these ones, I will be looking for a strain to replace the CB Dutch Treat.

And, the Melon Gum were mainly purchased because @ProfessorFlora grew such a beautiful one. :battingeyelashes: And, because the terpenes look good for me.
Hey @HashGirl hope you having a good day.
I used that brand years ago.
The girls that grew, grew great. Loved them.
Unfortunately my strike rate was not what I would have liked.
So I started ordering from Holland.
I tried 2 packs of CK. last spring , pure cbd.
I was 0 for 10 past 3-4 days after being above ground.
They just keeled over on me.
So I'd like to know if it was environmental or genetic.
Not that if all 10 of yours become monsters it's all my fault :rofl:.
But probably hehe.
Anyway please let me know how many get going for you please.
And I wish you good karma on your grow. :love:
Thank you so much.

Stay safe
Bill

CB DT & MG Seeds.jpg

We like blue dream cbd here hashGirl at 8/8. I see this is 4/8 so it kind of close to that. I can recommend it as a tasty pain reliever for us. If you decide to look around.

It seems that there is no shown provenance with Crop King genetics. I like to know who bred these seeds. Is it really what you say it is? I have heard reputable seed distributors say that CK buys bulk seeds from Columbia and names them whatever is the current hot seller. My first (and last) autoflower from them was a photo. I spent at Least $500 with them, the service was the worst of any seed seller I've dealt with (quite a lot for my short growing career...) I have several of their "auto" seeds and I am going to give them away... Want some?

The CB Dutch Treat is a staple plant for me
When I got a strain I really liked I would always get a cutting and run with it for awhile until I tired of it then move on to the next.
Is there any reason you can’t get some clones going off your next grow with the CB Dutch?
Good luck with the upcoming germination.

I was under the impression that the product was a liquid - hence the ml. Please forgive if I was mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom