Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Hello all my darlings. A shortie update today, since we’re on cruise control, more or less.

Firstly, the 4x4
IMG_4600.jpeg

Varying degrees of hunger in here. Thanks to @BeezLuiz I can only think of them as Hunger Games now. 😂 I finally got my S together! Well, half of it anyway, and added some liquid nutrients to the hungry two - GG and peyote forum. We’ll see if that slows down the leaf die off until harvest. While I was looking them over, I noticed some funny stuff going on with DTF. Looking at the colas, 4, yes FOUR of them each had a single banana coming right out of the center, top. I wouldn’t believe it if it didn’t see it myself. I took a picture of each one, but had to cut out two of them to fit in the 10 pic limit.
IMG_4594.jpeg
IMG_4592.jpeg

Funny but also, not so funny because she’s still got a ways to go, as well as her neighbors (namely Limonade skunk). I plucked them out and from here on, I’ll be on nanner watch. 👀

Over to the 2x4
Candida, going strong.
IMG_4585.jpeg

The Wizard
IMG_4586.jpeg

Putting out a new round of pistils.
IMG_4589.jpeg

I started fiddling around with the new scope I got a little while ago. Lol, I took 100 pics to end up with 6 usable ones, but it’s cool to have such a clear, close up view.
IMG_4611.jpeg
IMG_4612.jpeg
IMG_4613.jpeg
IMG_4614.jpeg

She’s still drinking well and is putting out some fresh pistils, so I’m not planning to harvest until my week of madness is over, aka - early December! Unless something crazy happens, that’s my timeline. But it’s fun to get some scoping practice in with the new toy, and I’m pleasantly surprised.

That’s about it for now in the hideout. I hope you’re all doing well and getting your (US) bellies ready for Thanksgiving! 🦃
My mouth is watering!

Hello my lovelies! I took some fresh pics today. Things are cruising along here. I’m in a bit of a holding pattern now for the most part. I have a couple hungry girls that I’m contending with but other than that, cruise control.

In the 2x4

Wizard
IMG_4548.jpeg
IMG_4549.jpeg
I added some of the bio365 soil to the top of the pot, maybe another 1” as well as some Gaia blooming amendment. That was 2-3 weeks ago and it seems to be tiding her over for now. 👍

Candida is just short of 3 weeks into flip now. She is my first plant fully using the bio365 soil, so we’ll see how she continues through flower. I did give her some of the Gaia amendment too, even though she wasn’t looking troubled yet. So far so good, considering it was a last ditch purchase.
IMG_4550.jpeg
IMG_4552.jpeg
Two clones that I wasn’t planning to flower, but here we are. The smaller one in front will come out to reveg at some point here. Whenever I get my S together and set up a space.
IMG_4551.jpeg

Don’t look at my trays Trala!

Over in the 4x4
Saugaview
Back row: Gorilla glue - - - - Limonade skunk
Front row: DTF - - - - - - - - - - Peyote forum
IMG_4569.jpeg

Bud shots
DTF
IMG_4558.jpeg

Hungry gorilla glue
IMG_4559.jpeg

Limonade skunk
IMG_4562.jpeg

Hungry peyote forum
IMG_4566.jpeg

In the past, the Sohum soil runs out of juice midway through flower. I bought a few different products to try to help them the rest of the way through. One of them is called Gaia and it’s applied to the top of the soil and watered in. It seemed like it dissolved well, so I added it to my water res. I pretty much immediately regretted it. Long story short, it was a stupid, terrible idea. After I let the plants mostly drink it down, I had to wet vac the remaining yuck at the bottom. It was a real stanky turd fest and I’m glad it was a relatively short task that I could hold my breath through! 🤢

I also applied some to the top of the soil, but with the water coming from the bottom, I don’t think it’s the best fix for this tent. Those two applications combined, seemed to be a bit too much for peyote. That’s how her tips burned. I have two more products to try for those hungry girls, so I’ll update again as soon as I get my S together and use them.

That’s about all for now, thanks so much for tagging along with me here. I hope you’re all doing well and your gardens are green!
Doing great!

Hey there all! The deed is done! Peyote Forum, harvested at 9 weeks and 3 days. I dragged her out for as long as I could, but I admit, it was tough to look at her crispified leaves.
IMG_4745.jpeg

Buds look nice tho :thumb:
IMG_4749.jpeg

It was much easier to look at her after they were clipped away!
IMG_4751.jpeg

She was nice and strong. I was able to keep her whole when I cut her down. Her stem was surprisingly thick and her stem was actually solid - no hole in the middle! Must be the watering system because there’s usually some sort of hollowness in the middle of the stem.

Not quite as thick as a lighter, but worth a pic.
IMG_4754.jpeg

I ran out of steam and opted to skip the bud washing this time.
IMG_4756.jpeg

My Carcass-esk silhouette shot. Not the same by any means, but a similarish effect.
IMG_4757.jpeg

Not a lot of scent from her so far. Who knows what’s been burned off in those high temps. But what I have gotten so far is kind of a juicy fruit - sweet with a hint of musk. I took a little tester bud the day I found her in her sad banana state, and it was a nice high. I was still getting over being sick, so I couldn’t hit it with much gusto, but Mr. H plowed through what was left, so it should be good! A big ol thank you to @Virgin Ground for sharing this with me and I’m sorry I didn’t do her justice all the way to the finish line. But I appreciate it a lot and I’m looking forward to failing the marshmallow test on her soon. :bong::blunt:

That’s it for this update. I have a bit of shuffling and such to work on tomorrow and I’ll get some pics of the rest o ladies. Hope you’re all doing well and sending loves! :love:

And another one bites the dust! Congrats on the chop, HH!
My Carcass-esk silhouette shot. Not the same by any means, but a similarish effect.
Great shot, I dig the lighting!
It was much easier to look at her after they were clipped away
It sure is- I won't be looking back at those "before" pics any time soon..

Hey there all! The deed is done! Peyote Forum, harvested at 9 weeks and 3 days. I dragged her out for as long as I could, but I admit, it was tough to look at her crispified leaves.
IMG_4745.jpeg

Buds look nice tho :thumb:
IMG_4749.jpeg

It was much easier to look at her after they were clipped away!
IMG_4751.jpeg

She was nice and strong. I was able to keep her whole when I cut her down. Her stem was surprisingly thick and her stem was actually solid - no hole in the middle! Must be the watering system because there’s usually some sort of hollowness in the middle of the stem.

Not quite as thick as a lighter, but worth a pic.
IMG_4754.jpeg

I ran out of steam and opted to skip the bud washing this time.
IMG_4756.jpeg

IMG_4757.jpeg

Not a lot of scent from her so far. Who knows what’s been burned off in those high temps. But what I have gotten so far is kind of a juicy fruit - sweet with a hint of musk. I took a little tester bud the day I found her in her sad banana state, and it was a nice high. I was still getting over being sick, so I couldn’t hit it with much gusto, but Mr. H plowed through what was left, so it should be good! A big ol thank you to @Virgin Ground for sharing this with me and I’m sorry I didn’t do her justice all the way to the finish line. But I appreciate it a lot and I’m looking forward to failing the marshmallow test on her soon. :bong::blunt:

That’s it for this update. I have a bit of shuffling and such to work on tomorrow and I’ll get some pics of the rest o ladies. Hope you’re all doing well and sending loves! :love:
Almost to the point, you can smoke her. Very nice work!

A big ol thank you to @Virgin Ground for sharing this with me and I’m sorry I didn’t do her justice all the way to the finish line. But I appreciate it a lot and I’m looking forward to failing the marshmallow test
You're very welcome my dear.

I hope it helps with Mr.H's inflammation.

Did you end up checking the lines on your watering system? I can only think of a few reasons why one of four plants on the same system would take a crap in the end and clogged lines are at the top of my list.

Sorry to hear you've been sick, HH. I'm recovering from the flu myself so I feel your pain.

Other than the Forum, the rest of your plants look good. Congrats on her takedown.

You're very welcome my dear.

I hope it helps with Mr.H's inflammation.

Did you end up checking the lines on your watering system? I can only think of a few reasons why one of four plants on the same system would take a crap in the end and clogged lines are at the top of my list.
Ya check yer manifold if using one

I know this guy and his got clogged, while he was camping for two weeks

Um, ya, not good results

Early morning post because I forgot to press post last night. Doh!

Thank you all so very much, I really appreciate you keeping me company through it. :love: Harvest is just that much sweeter when I can share it with my grow buds.:high-five:

As far as figuring out the issue, I did check the pot’s side caddy after I found her on that hot ass day and the water was at the proper level. I looked at it again, once the plant was taken out of the base and it seems like it should have been working properly. I’ll take a look inside the bottom of the pot when I dump it. That morning, I did give her a top watering as soon as I saw the damage, but I didn’t see any improvement. She just kept shriveling. The best guess I can come up with is she was starving and yellow before the hot night and that put an end to her. Or the top dress I added messed her up to the point of impeding some nutrient uptake? It’s a mystery to me. The other three are definitely hungry but otherwise fine. I’m stumped. :hmmmm:

Hey there grow buddies. One down, 5 to go!

Peyote forum is all bagged up, sitting at about 66%, so no weigh in yet. But here she is
IMG_4798.jpeg

Not only did we fail the marshmallow test, we failed the “let her dry” test. 😄 We’ve been plucking buds off and enjoying these tasty nuggets for a few days already. Lovely to smoke, lovely high. I’m glad to report that despite her sad banana look at harvest, the buds are goooood! Thank you again to VG, I’m super happy with this strain already.

Over to another gift from the VG fairy, gorilla glue. I do believe she’s about ready, but your opinions are always appreciated.

IMG_2593.jpeg
IMG_2595.jpeg
IMG_2611.jpeg

I’m still struggling with the new scope, so these are old phone pics. There were some other pics that showed lots of ambers, but they were kinda blurry and it was hard to tell if they were leaf ambers or real ambers. Maybe I should try again and get more pictures? I need to take a fresh look at Wizard too.

That’s all I’ve got today. I hope all is well with you and your gardens be green!

I agree with Boo-
I'd wait for just a little bit more amber before the chop-
She'd work fine if you chop her today, but she'd work a little bit better if you wait about a week....
imo...

Back
Top Bottom