Hempy Headquarters

So far so good on my first hempy and cloning. Been one month
20181202_184816.jpg

Yeah, two-liter pop bottle hempies!

But I'd check your local (etc.) Fox Farm dealers first.

Jeff Feed carries a few of the FF nutrients.
The other ones steer clear of hydro stuff mostly. I haunt the shops when I hit their area and keep an eye on their offerings. We had one place locally, but they moved to Hattiesburg MS for reasons that escape me.
I'm stuck with Zon for such things, tho I did notice 4cu bags of the big chunky stuff tonight when I checked again.

I will probably go 10 days of flush. the above picture is at 6 days. The flushing forces a obvious change in the plant. They use all the stored energy in there leaves and push it into the flowers. "Flushing" is the common term used and I find it projects an image of someone drowning the root zone with water for 10+ days straight. I believe "Finishing" would be more appropriate term used for what most growers do. I feed the plant with just water only (ph'ed appropriately) and let the root zone dry out between watering like I normally would. With out the nutrients the magic begins so to speak. I have visually noticed the plant push out more frost as if to say "here you go this is all I have left". As far as the smoke goes it can smooth out the hit and round off the taste.

I just experienced this myself. Kept watering as usual for two and a half weeks. She pushed more bud and pistils until all the leaves had absolutely nothing left to give. A very noticeable thing. I started plain watering when I thought she was almost done and then she pushed hard for at least another week.

Seemed to work for me. I don't recall much in the way of algae (below the top), either. As in all things, YMMV applies, though.

My quantum boards came on saturday. I swapped out the mars 300 i was vegging with (those lights veg like beasts!) in my 2x4x6 tent and they have been praying to it.
So now i have a dwarf star in the 2x4 closet flowering six 2-liter hempys and the hlg 260xl finishing veg on a single soil plant in a 5 gallon fabric pot. Ill post some pics after work.

I picked up a huge bag of Vigoroperlite from a box home improvement store. It’s nice and chunky.

I shook the bag and fluffed it like a pillow to settle the small stuff. I then sift it through the colander. I do it outside since it make a huge mess and I was as little of the dust going Down the drain and clogging plumbing.

I have a clone in an xl styrofoam cup. It seems to be working well.

Good Day Folks, been a while since I dropped in. For some reason I have this thread on watch but wasn't getting notice of action. @FelipeBlu gave me a heads up on some discussion regarding flushing aka "finishing". I like that term, it seems so much more appropriate.

Anyway, lots going on here that I have been missing and I'll be working on catching up.

In the mean time, I'm wrapping up my 3 & 4th grows in Hempy. So really happy with the way it works. I have done 11 plants this last year with Hempy. I'll drop in a picture here of my latest little grow.
It's a UK Cheese Auto and it's approaching harvest. Will start the finishing process today on it and the last two SLH sharing the tent. They are all overdue for harvest and just not showing any amber.

Ok so I couldn’t help myself and I potted up from the x-large styrofoam cup to the 2 liter. Plus I wanted to flip the lights to 12/12 and didn’t know what to do with her.

I was amazed in the root growth in just 6 days. At least double in size and pure white. I wish I took a pic of them but I was nervous enough transplanting again so soon. The roots should hit water in a day or two.

Attachments

• 650894E1-3C3A-410D-AAA1-46E499202A0A.jpeg
    650894E1-3C3A-410D-AAA1-46E499202A0A.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 98A9245A-AAE5-46FB-8326-B75D3E9FED2C.jpeg
    98A9245A-AAE5-46FB-8326-B75D3E9FED2C.jpeg
    462.4 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom