Hempy Headquarters

This is (c99xHicock Haze) getting ready for the chop. I snuck in before lights on and boom! More color for the hempy thread.
IMG_20181205_180106.jpg
IMG_20181205_175854.jpg

@Buck5050 I have some leaves on one of my SLH's that is getting really close to harvest that are turning purple like these. Is that one of the signs of the final days?
As a deficiency can cause coloring and spotting on the leaves. I believe the cooler temperatures during the last couple weeks of this plants life is why they are that purple. With the temperatures in a more normal range I have seen orange and red come out towards the end.

What’s interesting to me is the pattern of leaf change.

Usually, deficiencies of mobile elements like N, P, K, and Mg results in leaf change that typically starts with the lowest, oldest leaves and progresses upward.

In this case, there’s plenty of green below the middle to upper leaves that are turning.

Cooler temps would definitely cause some purpling also, as phosphorus is slower to absorb then.
:passitleft:

Roots hit the water already which was really really fast. I just flipped the lights to 12/12 so she’s going to be a CKS Black Indica clone rooted and right into flower hempy style.

Attachments

• CD365508-BECC-4911-A4A8-B47D1BAF5496.jpeg
    CD365508-BECC-4911-A4A8-B47D1BAF5496.jpeg
    446.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 12B54E49-48C5-46E9-8FAB-86910BC1368F.jpeg
    12B54E49-48C5-46E9-8FAB-86910BC1368F.jpeg
    517.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 34CFE24F-DB13-4DDD-A95A-C76D7E58D5C8.jpeg
    34CFE24F-DB13-4DDD-A95A-C76D7E58D5C8.jpeg
    480.7 KB · Views: 28
Roots hit the water already which was really really fast. I just flipped the lights to 12/12 so she’s going to be a CKS Black Indica clone rooted and right into flower hempy style.
Glad to see I'm not the only one doing old school hempy.
Looking good BTW

So yet again I have another question for you guys, how exactly do you all go about watering seedlings in hempy's? I started a few seeds a few weeks back and believe I may have drowned them. They'd been above ground for a few days when I gave them all a shot glass of water. Checked back a little later and several had fallen over and the next day more had met the same fate. I had more seeds and got those soaking and planted last Monday. All but 3 broke ground Thursday and since then I've been petrified to give them more than a good squirt from the spray bottle. I know that it'll take a bit before the tap roots hit the reservoir so until then do I just continue misting several times a day or is there a trick to water seedlings? Thanks for taking the time, I so appreciate having a place I can ask questions!

I start seeds in their final container and water daily... i like to take my little wm spray bottle and saturate around the seed until I get the guts to just dump the nute solution in there. 1000 ways to skin it, the cat that is...

I start seeds in their final container and water daily... i like to take my little wm spray bottle and saturate around the seed until I get the guts to just dump the nute solution in there. 1000 ways to skin it, the cat that is...
Yes. Many ways to skin a cat.

And I would like to try a few. Thats why I like reading what everyone is doing.

So yet again I have another question for you guys, how exactly do you all go about watering seedlings in hempy's? I started a few seeds a few weeks back and believe I may have drowned them. They'd been above ground for a few days when I gave them all a shot glass of water. Checked back a little later and several had fallen over and the next day more had met the same fate. I had more seeds and got those soaking and planted last Monday. All but 3 broke ground Thursday and since then I've been petrified to give them more than a good squirt from the spray bottle. I know that it'll take a bit before the tap roots hit the reservoir so until then do I just continue misting several times a day or is there a trick to water seedlings? Thanks for taking the time, I so appreciate having a place I can ask questions!
What’s your growing medium? It should be very hard to drown plants in perlite as long as it drains properly. You sure your holes aren’t clogged?

:passitleft:

I run aquarium gravel with a recycled coco/perl/verm cap. Maxibloom only. I recycle both the coco and the gravel by baking at 350°F for a couple of hours. Very simple, inexpensive, and reasonably effective way to grow. I feed everything full strength (1tsp/gallon) until 7-10 days before chop.

Back
Top Bottom