Hempy Headquarters

I did not adjust pH while I was using Remo in dwc. Only adjusted the plain water I added back to keep the reservoir level up between nutrient/water changes.
Thank u for the clarification much appreciated im adjusting the ph to 5.5 after i add my remo nutes i think i over did it alil 2 fast tho this last feeding time cuz i noticed alil bit of nute burn on the leaves i was doing alil under 1/4 of the recommended dosing n it was going ok n so I upped it to almost 1/2 the recommended dose but I think it was alil 2 fast cuz of the burn so im guna back it down again n keep it there for alil bit n c how they do then

ok so alil hempire update first off i uppotted most of my seedlings to 2liter bottles one i put in a 1 gallon vinegar bottle that i taped up but yea here is some of my hempy girls

first up is my devils carnival

20171018_104500.jpg
20171018_104513.jpg

then one of my mystery clones i forgot to lable lol

20171018_104602.jpg
20171018_104609.jpg

then here is my girl i topped and she is responding to it and the new nutes very well also lovin the new home she will deffinitely be a keeper i cant wait to see these girls in flower mode lol anyway here she is

20171018_104716.jpg
20171018_104721.jpg

i think for my dc im guna do her in a 5 gallon bucket that i will convert hempy style since i seem to see that strain dont get a very big yield why not try a bigger container has any1 done one that big b4 can it be done or should i not go that big any thoughts would greatly be appreciated thank you and :Namaste:

The trick with the DC is to keep clipping her back to get as many tops going as you can. All the action is in the upper nodes. When you flip her, strip it all off to about a foot from the tips.

IMG_415316.JPG

Then sit back and watch her do her thing. :battingeyelashes:

thanx for the info appreciate it. those girls are looking mighty fine you got there is that the d.c. strain?? i will be paying special attention to those 2 well all my girls get special attention lol but those 2 in peticular i will be keeping an eye on i just added 2 new strains to my hempire lastnight well i started germing them lastnight anyway so prolly 2morow will be adding them to an actual hempy cup but yea they are sour lemon and diesel skunk or skunk diesel however its said lol but yea i cant wait to see how they do in hempy i kinda wished i wouldnt have done all my re-veg clones in hempy and had some regular clones but i put all my regular ones into soil and now my hempy clones seem to be taking forever lol well not really but seems that way but yea im off to catch up on journals and do some updates on my own :Namaste: every1 and hope the gardens are doing good

A seed nursery

My first try at a seed nursery is a grocery store chicken bucket 3/4 filled with perlite and a drain hole near the bottom

20171018_153103-1.jpg

I placed the perlite filled bucket with a drain inside an identical empty bucket, this essentially plugs the drain hole.
I then filled the seed nursery with water until the perlite started to float and added the same 3 part nutrent mix I use in the clone bucket.
I plan to drain and refill the seed nursery once every 3 days when I drain and refill the hempy buckets in veg.

Two days ago, I planted a Dark Devil Auto seed and an Amherst Sour Diesel seed in the seed nursery.

20171018_154040-1.jpg

For two days, I've added a little more PH adjusted water until I see the perlite float up a little higher.

Tomorow, I'll change out the water.

I usually soak seeds before planting, so even though I know the seeds are staying moist, using this nursery makes me nervous.

I just have to wait!

A seed nursery

My first try at a seed nursery is a grocery store chicken bucket 3/4 filled with perlite and a drain hole near the bottom

20171018_153103-1.jpg

I placed the perlite filled bucket with a drain inside an identical empty bucket, this essentially plugs the drain hole.
I then filled the seed nursery with water until the perlite started to float and added the same 3 part nutrent mix I use in the clone bucket.
I plan to drain and refill the seed nursery once every 3 days when I drain and refill the hempy buckets in veg.

Two days ago, I planted a Dark Devil Auto seed and an Amherst Sour Diesel seed in the seed nursery.

20171018_154040-1.jpg

For two days, I've added a little more PH adjusted water until I see the perlite float up a little higher.

Tomorow, I'll change out the water.

I usually soak seeds before planting, so even though I know the seeds are staying moist, using this nursery makes me nervous.

I just have to wait!
How much liquid is in that container . I would worry about putting too much water after putting the seeds in . The seeds would sink when saturating the perlite . I would start them in paper towels then transplant when I get a good taproot.

How much liquid is in that container . I would worry about putting too much water after putting the seeds in . The seeds would sink when saturating the perlite . I would start them in paper towels then transplant when I get a good taproot.

Good point, I'll dig down today and see if I can find the seeds.

I dug up the two seeds today.They were at the same depth that I planted them. The Dark Devil Auto seed was cracking, so I covered them back up and left them in the perlite

I dug up the two seeds today.They were at the same depth that I planted them. The Dark Devil Auto seed was cracking, so I covered them back up and left them in the perlite

Alright Rad! :high-five: A new method to play with. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm hankering to plant some DDA. I've another month, I think, until the spaces open up. Hmmmm.... If I work it right I'll be able to fit them on the veg shelf for a week or two....... :hmmmm:

:laughtwo: I can't seem to slow down the compulsion to propagate. Lol!

I'm getting ready to do a transplanting of all three chemovars in the GROWant240 tent tomorrow. While I was out this afternoon wandering through the local Dollar Tree looking for something low and wide I could put Malawi 1.1 into, I came across these.

IMG_464016.JPG

Much too thin to use as is, so I pulled out the duck tape and went to work.

IMG_464118.JPG

IMG_464216.JPG

That works just fine. No light getting through.

IMG_464311.JPG

I'm not happy about the sloppy appearance, but it'll function just fine.

IMG_464412.JPG

I considered nesting a couple, but they'll still let light into the root zone.

IMG_464513.JPG

That was when it occured to me that I could run the tape top to bottom. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_464614.JPG

At which point I ran out of tape. :laughtwo: This dilemma prompted a brisk walk to the store just in time to catch the most amazing sunset. :yahoo: Don't you love it when the universe treats you to such wonder? :dreamy:

IMG_464713.JPG

Before I headed out I had to try. Malawi 1.1 will be so happy with this pot. :slide:

IMG_465113.JPG

They'll all be happy with the dramatic increase in root zone. :cheesygrinsmiley: Bright and early tomorrow morning they get transplanted. Everything's ready to go.

The handles are a great touch. Moving these girls around will be so easy I may go down and grab a few more, if they work as well as I think they will. At $1 each they're an incredible bargain, even with the extra cost of duck tape.

IMG_465610.JPG

Now I have a good selection of pots that work with the chemovars I'm most likely to be growing. I love having options. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

I found the wastebasket clearance priced for a couple of dollars. Care to guess what's in it? :biglaugh:

Ooo, Ooo, can I guess? :battingeyelashes: DDA?

hey guys i jus had my d.c out and im noticing she is getting kinda yellow and my hempy girls just arent as dark of green as they should be i dont think should i maybe up the cal-mag?? im using about 3ml per gallon of ro water also i am ph adjusting to 5.5 and i am using remo nutes and am on week 2 of veg for the nute schedual?? or should i maybe increase my veg nutes alil bit cause im only doing roughly 1/4 of the recomemended amount anyway here is my devils carnival lookn to yellow for my liking please help :thanks: every1 and :Namaste:

hey guys i jus had my d.c out and im noticing she is getting kinda yellow and my hempy girls just arent as dark of green as they should be i dont think should i maybe up the cal-mag?? im using about 3ml per gallon of ro water also i am ph adjusting to 5.5 and i am using remo nutes and am on week 2 of veg for the nute schedual?? or should i maybe increase my veg nutes alil bit cause im only doing roughly 1/4 of the recomemended amount anyway here is my devils carnival lookn to yellow for my liking please help :thanks: every1 and :Namaste:

For what it's worth, I didn't adjust pH at all when using Remo in my DWC buckets.

I don't do this often... but a recent compliment has triggered one to flow from my fingers this morning.
Of course, it's for Sue. I infected her with a touch of the hempy bug, and she's really run with it. She's run with it in ways I can't or am too lazy to do. She's always super spot on with anyone needing help.
She's the wordy variety. Notice her earlier 1/2 page post involving tape application to growing containers. The well seasoned hempy grower chuckles at such things, but wisely appreciates all the at hand help delving deep into every aspect of every issue. A good solid resource like this can be rare... and even more rarely properly appreciated.
Cheers baby. Thanks!

And just to contribute a touch back following Sue's lead....

Tead's mini hempy cloner/seed pots.

The parts list...

Some 2" Schedule40 PVC. I use pieces about 6" tall... maybe 5"... whatever floats ur boat.
Not really a 'part', but I drill a 1/4" hole about 1/3 of the way up.
2" "Pressure Test Caps". Not really a Home Depot thing, but plumbing supply places have them.
Rubber band.
Any 'ol sandwich bag.
Perlite. I use the Vigoro stuff, but have become unenchanted with the consistency and will be shopping around for a better brand.
3 balls of Osmocote+. I put them right below where I think the seed or cutting bottom will be.

The visual version of those words....

DSCN59581.JPG

DSCN59601.JPG

Hello my hempy hooligans! Just wanted to offer an update of my take on hempy. I am running a coco perlite mix above the res. I recently added a home made water ring because, scrog haha.

420-magazine-mobile101878145.jpg

420-magazine-mobile935867459.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2110542887.jpg

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

Hello my hempy hooligans! Just wanted to offer an update of my take on hempy. I am running a coco perlite mix above the res. I recently added a home made water ring because, scrog haha.

420-magazine-mobile101878145.jpg

420-magazine-mobile935867459.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2110542887.jpg

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

I love the ring idea! Never thought of something like that. Yeah...... I don't get out much. :laughtwo:

The tub is the perfect grow space, isn't it? No worries about spillage, and look how nice the scrog sits there!

The coco seems to be doing the job well. That's a mighty happy-looking plant.

And just to contribute a touch back following Sue's lead....

Tead's mini hempy cloner/seed pots.

The parts list...

Some 2" Schedule40 PVC. I use pieces about 6" tall... maybe 5"... whatever floats ur boat.
Not really a 'part', but I drill a 1/4" hole about 1/3 of the way up.
2" "Pressure Test Caps". Not really a Home Depot thing, but plumbing supply places have them.
Rubber band.
Any 'ol sandwich bag.
Perlite. I use the Vigoro stuff, but have become unenchanted with the consistency and will be shopping around for a better brand.
3 balls of Osmocote+. I put them right below where I think the seed or cutting bottom will be.

The visual version of those words....

DSCN59581.JPG

DSCN59601.JPG

Slick! :high-five:

20171024_192629.jpg

Devil's Carnival starts off almost lime green Jones. No CalMag increase is necessary.

Hold up! That's a little on the yellow side. It could be the lighting. Here's a picture of my clone today.

IMG_468712.JPG

Here's her mother.

IMG_468814.JPG

I use 2 teaspoons per gallon of distilled water. That's about 10 ml per gallon to your 3. I'd increase your CalMag.

Back
Top Bottom