Hempy Headquarters

I love the ring idea! Never thought of something like that. Yeah...... I don't get out much. :laughtwo:

The tub is the perfect grow space, isn't it? No worries about spillage, and look how nice the scrog sits there!

The coco seems to be doing the job well. That's a mighty happy-looking plant.
Thanks sue! Yes. I love the tub. I call it the tub of love..

I'm really impressed with hempy so far! But Gees SIP set up has my mind thinking up some pretty wild concepts. I have an addiction to unconventional new and interesting grow methods.

I may adapt your style and do 1 hempy, 1 organic SIP and 1 DWC. My goal and inspiration is to develop a method that can harness the potential of each grow style, and still be inexpensive and accessible to even people on the tightest budgets

I don't do this often... but a recent compliment has triggered one to flow from my fingers this morning.
Of course, it's for Sue. I infected her with a touch of the hempy bug, and she's really run with it. She's run with it in ways I can't or am too lazy to do. She's always super spot on with anyone needing help.
She's the wordy variety. Notice her earlier 1/2 page post involving tape application to growing containers. The well seasoned hempy grower chuckles at such things, but wisely appreciates all the at hand help delving deep into every aspect of every issue. A good solid resource like this can be rare... and even more rarely properly appreciated.
Cheers baby. Thanks!

Awww Tead.... Thanks. :kisstwo:

They turned out pretty good.

IMG_466217.JPG

Sue look at those fan leaves on your carnival clone! Wowser! A thing of beauty and wonder :)

Does Remo require pH adjustment?

They don't say, and an email went unanswered. It was one of the reasons I checked pH so often last season. I found that as long as I adjusted the replacement water to around 6.0 before topping off the reservoirs I could ignore pH otherwise.

Sue look at those fan leaves on your carnival clone! Wowser! A thing of beauty and wonder :)

Gee thanks Dabber. The Carnivals seem to improve with each grow. Still my favorite euphoric experience by far. :battingeyelashes:

They don't say, and an email went unanswered. It was one of the reasons I checked pH so often last season. I found that as long as I adjusted the replacement water to around 6.0 before topping off the reservoirs I could ignore pH otherwise.

Ok, that's really good to know. I'm glad I kept the RX Green Solutions. I think having to go back to pH adjusting would drive me nuts.

.........Ok, that's really good to know. I'm glad I kept the RX Green Solutions. I think having to go back to pH adjusting would drive me nuts.

It's not something I enjoyed. I check and record it in The Roost and try to lay out a simple map that a dwc newbie could follow to success. Otherwise I don't bother. What's the worst that could happen... I gotta start all over ? ;)

Only problem is if i were to do tht and things went wrong I cud lose this strain n i wont be able 2 get it again for awhile im thinkn so i dont wana take any chances lol i think after this run with remo nutes i mite just go to the rx solutions cuz no longer needing to ph wud be great on my back lol having to stand for 5 min while I adjust ph bent over my lil table is no good but yea now i got the remo nutes gotta use em cant waste my money lol

Advanced nutes has ph perfect. My girls seem happy with never touching a Ph meter or test strip:) but the way I see it is for the price I better not need to. I have been feeding at low ppm with great results. I'd imagine the nutes will last a few more grows so maybe worth it

Thought I'd pop in with some pics of my hempy attempts.
First is an auto masszar in all coco. It got a pretty bad Mg deficiency because i was uninformed about how coco holds on to it... Live and learn but still not too bad for a first try. It is at day 65 or so and looks to have at least another couple weeks.
420-magazine-mobile568742559.jpg

Next is a Girl Scout Cookie in perlite. I just transplanted it a few days ago from a 1.5 gallon to its final 3.5 gal home. Shes about 30 days old from seed.
420-magazine-mobile153913216.jpg

Happy growing everyone!.

Thought I'd pop in with some pics of my hempy attempts.
First is an auto masszar in all coco. It got a pretty bad Mg deficiency because i was uninformed about how coco holds on to it... Live and learn but still not too bad for a first try. It is at day 65 or so and looks to have at least another couple weeks.
420-magazine-mobile568742559.jpg

Next is a Girl Scout Cookie in perlite. I just transplanted it a few days ago from a 1.5 gallon to its final 3.5 gal home. Shes about 30 days old from seed.
420-magazine-mobile153913216.jpg

Happy growing everyone!.

Ya know... ya turn your head away from 420Mag for a day or two, and everyone and their mom jumps into hempy buckets. Even Laz jumped. Rifleman even has one going. Crazy 'round here.

For magical reasons I simply don't have a handle on, coco is 'differenty' in the hempy department... probably any hydro setup, but I lack the experience to speak to that. I tend to think of coco growing as normal hydro growing with a touch of biological action mixed in. Both PH adjustment and CalMag uptake seem touchier.

You're in an interesting position. I wonder if you might take a moment to talk about the various differences you've seen so far in the perlite vs coco department?

Advanced nutes has ph perfect. My girls seem happy with never touching a Ph meter or test strip:) but the way I see it is for the price I better not need to. I have been feeding at low ppm with great results. I'd imagine the nutes will last a few more grows so maybe worth it

I got ahead of myself with the passion to propagate. When you're feeding over 15 plants, those bottles empty out pretty quickly. :laughtwo:

Ya know... ya turn your head away from 420Mag for a day or two, and everyone and their mom jumps into hempy buckets. Even Laz jumped. Rifleman even has one going. Crazy 'round here.

For magical reasons I simply don't have a handle on, coco is 'differenty' in the hempy department... probably any hydro setup, but I lack the experience to speak to that. I tend to think of coco growing as normal hydro growing with a touch of biological action mixed in. Both PH adjustment and CalMag uptake seem touchier.

You're in an interesting position. I wonder if you might take a moment to talk about the various differences you've seen so far in the perlite vs coco department?

Take a wonderful process and toss a little passion at it, people start to notice. :laughtwo: I am nothing if not hard to ignore. Lol! You lit the fire and I fanned the flames. The magic of hempy did the rest. This is just the beginning, from what I can see.

Lazarus, let me second that request for your thoughts on the differences between the mediums. I have some coco I can play with at some point. Experience always leads to insights, so one of these days.....

I got ahead of myself with the passion to propagate. When you're feeding over 15 plants, those bottles empty out pretty quickly. :laughtwo:
I dream of having the "problem" of needing to feed 15 plants a day . I envy you sue! Maybe one day! Hahaha. Probably shouldn't bite off more than I can chew for now.... hopefully after my initial harvest I can get up to 6 gals at once. I think that will be the sweet spot for the space I have. I'm sure using 3 to 6 times the nutes will have a pretty serious effect on how quickly they diminish .

Wishing you a wonderful Thursday sue!

Take a wonderful process and toss a little passion at it, people start to notice. :laughtwo: I am nothing if not hard to ignore. Lol! You lit the fire and I fanned the flames. The magic of hempy did the rest. This is just the beginning, from what I can see.

Lazarus, let me second that request for your thoughts on the differences between the mediums. I have some coco I can play with at some point. Experience always leads to insights, so one of these days.....

Why am I not shocked with this admission? :angel::hug::riskybusiness:

I went with a coco perlite mix for root development. A lot of journals I read before I started didn't have a root system I admired. Just some spaghetti strings reaching to the res. Sure maybe that's all the plant "needs" and the results were by no means disappointing, but why settle when the limits can be pushed? I also don't grow by seedlings in hempy for the purpose of root development. I guess the way I see it is the more dense and horizontal I can get my root mass the more tendrils that's can grow into the res.

Granted I have no evidence of this and won't until my grow is complete. Nor do I have a pure perlite grow to compare to. But I can say this. Mixing in coco really lowers the cost of the set up. I know... haha. Hempy isn't expensive, but my 3 gallons aren't filled with 1 12 dollar bag of perlite alone and for 15 bucks I got a 20 or 30 gallon container of coco :)

I went with a coco perlite mix for root development. A lot of journals I read before I started didn't have a root system I admired. Just some spaghetti strings reaching to the res. Sure maybe that's all the plant "needs" and the results were by no means disappointing, but why settle when the limits can be pushed? I also don't grow by seedlings in hempy for the purpose of root development. I guess the way I see it is the more dense and horizontal I can get my root mass the more tendrils that's can grow into the res.

Granted I have no evidence of this and won't until my grow is complete. Nor do I have a pure perlite grow to compare to. But I can say this. Mixing in coco really lowers the cost of the set up. I know... haha. Hempy isn't expensive, but my 3 gallons aren't filled with 1 12 dollar bag of perlite alone and for 15 bucks I got a 20 or 30 gallon container of coco :)

I just had to jump in and say I like the way you think Dabber. :laughtwo: That was part of my thinking when I started looking for pots that are lower and wider. I figured if I could get everything to spread out horizontally there's more roots heading for the reservoir. It makes it easier to get those bushes I seem to be fond of growing. :battingeyelashes:

Well...my little hempies are limping along. I'm running them with Osmocote + doing the feeding. My attempt at boosting them a little resulted in some burned leaves or it could be a light burn of sorts. Our cool weather just arrived and I ran the LED on full spectrum on a couple days recently taking them into higher temps. Oh well. Smaller crop but my pots are really small to begin with.

Blue Dreams Flip + 50

DSC_003392.JPG

DSC_003475.JPG

DSC_003684.JPG

DSC_003777.JPG

and a comparison shot of 1 gallon hempy and soil

DSC_004475.JPG

Back
Top Bottom