Hi All - Learning To Grow Autoflower

Sorry I haven't been intouch mate, lots has been going on my end... my head is abit of a mess right now. My Brother had taken he's own life 5days ago 😢 I've been trying to prosses it. Kinda hit me hard and questioning everything right now. Hope your keeping well and feeling better mate.
I’m so sorry for your loss GP may life treat you kindly in the future. CL🍀

Sorry I haven't been intouch mate, lots has been going on my end... my head is abit of a mess right now. My Brother had taken he's own life 5days ago 😢 I've been trying to prosses it. Kinda hit me hard and questioning everything right now. Hope your keeping well and feeling better mate.
Sad news, sorry to hear that
Take your time to get over it my friend

Damn, that’s crushing man.
It’s something I’ll probably never understand, and have seen way too often. You have a lot of friends here for you.

“Life is full of grief, to exactly the degree we allow ourselves to love other people.”
Orson Scott Card, Shadow of the Giant

Sad news, sorry to hear that
Take your time to get over it my friend
Hi everyone thanks for being supportive! It's been difficult trying to deal with all this. At the same time I think I fucked up on my grow I've let it hang dry it started tasting amazing and now it's lost all its tast and smell it's stil slightly wet I let it hag dry for 5days in the dark and it was smoking lovely. But now it's got no tast to the buds I'm confused 😐 also got over 3 oz. It's losing its smell and tast. Tast of nothing now I don't get it.

20240215_121242.jpg

Are you storing it in air tight jars/plastic pots?
Keeping it in the fridge can help retain flavour
It's to wet to go in glass jars 🫙 I did try it in there for 1 day and smelt like hay so pulled it out. When it was drying in the dark it was lovely and nice and dry and smelt amazing abd really nice smoke Next day its gone to shit buds feel moist and smells like hay even if I crack the buds open I'm so confused 😕

It takes weeks to dry/cure buds and yes, it will smell shit in the early stages
Just keep airing it daily until it's dry - IF you want to try to hurry it up a bit, gently warm the box on a lamp for 10-15 mins, then let it completely cool down
Don't overdo it tho, ie not crispy dry

It takes weeks to dry/cure buds and yes, it will smell shit in the early stages
Just keep airing it daily until it's dry - IF you want to try to hurry it up a bit, gently warm the box on a lamp for 10-15 mins, then let it completely cool down
Don't overdo it tho, ie not crispy dry
OK il give it ago. Just confused as yesterday it tasted amazing and today smells and tastes like hay but yesterday it didn't. Il keep air drying in a dry box like you said. I just hoping I haven't fucked the buds. Just had so much on my mind wasn't thinking straight 😕

OK il give it ago. Just confused as yesterday it tasted amazing and today smells and tastes like hay but yesterday it didn't. Il keep air drying in a dry box like you said. I just hoping I haven't fucked the buds. Just had so much on my mind wasn't thinking straight 😕
It's all valuable experience GP, we've all been there
Your bud should be fine but it will take time

I’ve been hooked on this grow from the beginning.
You’ve dealt with speed bumps and struggles and still managed a good harvest, I’d say that’s a win! Many new growers don’t make it that far, you should be proud! Well done my man.
Good to see you back, and so sorry to hear about your loss.

I’ve been hooked on this grow from the beginning.
You’ve dealt with speed bumps and struggles and still managed a good harvest, I’d say that’s a win! Many new growers don’t make it that far, you should be proud! Well done my man.
Good to see you back, and so sorry to hear about your loss.
Thanks mate appreciate the support... I've very proud of what I've done and got, I've definitely had some ups and down along the way but learning I guess. Arshh I'm so gutted about my brother 😢 he was locking it all up inside and that's the problem with us men we don't talk about our problems 😢. We all need to learn to open up! 🙏 so if anyone need to talk drop me a message I'm happy to listen!!!

As for my smoke now it did tast amazing yesterday and today its tast like hay so back on the drying rack and see how I get on from there.

Thanks mate appreciate the support... I've very proud of what I've done and got, I've definitely had some ups and down along the way but learning I guess. Arshh I'm so gutted about my brother 😢 he was locking it all up inside and that's the problem with us men we don't talk about our problems 😢. We all need to learn to open up! 🙏 so if anyone need to talk drop me a message I'm happy to listen!!!

As for my smoke now it did tast amazing yesterday and today its tast like hay so back on the drying rack and see how I get on from there.
I’ve lost far too many people I love this way. It is something I’ve always struggled to understand.
Some people fight to live every day, while others seem to just throw life away. Maybe we aren’t supposed to understand it, just learn how to live with it, and be there for each other.

@ginger power I'm sorry for your loss, my condolences.

As to your crop, it is not ruined. It is simply just not done drying/curing !

There is a link in my signature to my process but in a nut shell, get yourself a hygrometer !

Amazon has five packs for ~ $20. Some find them to be off a bit but they are close enough for our purposes.

Place a couple (to get an average) with your buds in the cardboard box and give them six or so hours to register.

IF the rh is above 70% leave the lid open for an hour, close the lid and take another measurement after a few hours.

IF the rh is below 70% place your buds in an appropriately sized tupperware type container. 3/4 full is a good fit.

Then twice a day open the lid for a couple of minutes. Continue doing this daily until the buds register as either 62% or 58% (my preference). This process can take up to a month !

Then put the buds in mason jars. At this point you should have your smell and taste back !

And it will continue to improve slightly over the months, if it lasts that long..

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom