Hi All - Learning To Grow Autoflower

Love the color in that big bud.. kinda shocked to see it’s an auto
Kudos!

Yep, that's the baby - You'll be glad you spent a little more in the long run 👍
This a good Brand? Ive never heard of. Well, honestly its been ages since I've been on eBay and searched for anything to do with growing. But I need a budget setup for a new room/tent

Getting the grow environment spot on will get you results, not stronger nutrients etc

Canna Coco Pro+ = yep [get some myco from the garden centre]
Canna Coco A/B = yep, that's all you need
Doff = you could try Canna Boost but it has a pretty low impact IMO
Perlite = yep mix 70/30
Linqool = hmm, never heard of them so who knows
I tend to buy trusted brands from a grow shop instead of fleabay/zon - ignore the fake reviews/ratings
Lumatek ATS 200/300 Pro is only a few ££ more, solid UK build, long warranty, dimmable, rarely needs full power

Don't forget we had to skip the PK on this run - that will bump up your yield as will better airflow in a vented tent
Myco what is that not used that before?
I've just bought the pro+ and perlite.
I can't wait for this tent to arrive now :)
Il try the boost see how I get on I've seen a sale on it £15.00

70/30 will do that when arriving do I have to soke with calmag? Or just leave the mix dry?

OK il look at the lamps when my tent is up as there abit of money.

Wow! What a great read and an amazing first grow! I’m new both to growing and to this group and I have to say, I’m impressed by the helpfulness of you all! (Bill has been helping to steer me right as well)
Can’t wait to see you wrap this up GP! Congratulations so far!
Nice to meet you olddog, this is the place to be to learn :) I've learned so much from theys guys bill and Roy and all the lads are great help so if you ever get stuck just ask away my friend thanks mate I'm looking forward to seeing the end results 😀 il be having a read on your page see how your getting on aswell :)

This a good Brand? Ive never heard of. Well, honestly its been ages since I've been on eBay and searched for anything to do with growing. But I need a budget setup for a new room/tent
Ebay honestly not bad if I'm honestly and there all next fay deliveries...what size tent set up are you looking for? Il try have a look what's around if that will help?

Myco what is that not used that before?
I've just bought the pro+ and perlite.
I can't wait for this tent to arrive now :)
Il try the boost see how I get on I've seen a sale on it £15.00

70/30 will do that when arriving do I have to soke with calmag? Or just leave the mix dry?

OK il look at the lamps when my tent is up as there abit of money.
Mycorrhizal powder/granules encourage strong roots and promotes nutrient uptake - there is already some naturally present in coco, but many growers swear by it anyway [optional]

You do not need to pre-soak Coco with CaMg - use it straight out the bag

Yes, your most important bit of kit [your lamp] is an investment so don't skimp on it and don't be afraid to ring suppliers up and ask for their best price, particularly if you're buying some other bits and bobs too
If you stick to one grow shop you are likely to get better deals and also take a look at some of 420 sponsor discounts

What tent have you gone for?

Mycorrhizal powder/granules encourage strong roots and promotes nutrient uptake - there is already some naturally present in coco, but many growers swear by it anyway [optional]

Yes, your most important bit of kit [your lamp] is an investment so don't skimp on it and don't be afraid to ring suppliers up and ask for their best price, particularly if you're buying some other bits and bobs too
If you stick to one grow shop you are likely to get better deals and also take a look at some of 420 sponsor discounts

"Straight out the bag" is a little to loose statement in my book. If it's a branded bag like Canna Coco Professional that come already rinsed and pre buffered then yes, but it changes when you use coir bricks that hasn't been cleaned, washed and buffered. Untreated Coco coir is naturally to high in sodium, potassium and other chloride salts.

"Mykos" do very little in terms of increased yield, potency and rate of growth when the minerals already come in readily available form for the plant to uptake. They are only really beneficial in organic growing where you have a stronger benefits of "mykos" help breaking down the organic amendmendts in readily available mineral form for the plant to uptake.

Humic acid and kelp mix (5:2) do way more for root growth than any "myko" product growing with mineral salts where "mykos" purpose and job is already done. Cheers!

"Straight out the bag" is a little to loose statement in my book. If it's a branded bag like Canna Coco Professional that come already rinsed and pre buffered then yes, but it changes when you use coir bricks that hasn't been cleaned, washed and buffered.[we aren't] Untreated Coco coir is naturally to high in sodium, potassium and other chloride salts.

"Mykos" do very little in terms of increased yield, potency and rate of growth when the minerals already come in readily available form for the plant to uptake. They are only really beneficial in organic growing where you have a stronger benefits of "mykos" help breaking down the organic amendmendts in readily available mineral form for the plant to uptake.

Humic acid and kelp mix (5:2) do way more for root growth than any "myko" product growing with mineral salts where "mykos" purpose and job is already done. Cheers!
See post #478 - we are using Canna Coco Pro+ and applying kelp tea regularly
Myco is naturally present in coco anyway, so yes, it's an optional addition

:Namaste:

OK could you advise what Mycorrhizal powder i need to get and how do i use it?

I've just got a tent that was £50 60x60 il send a pic 📸 will that tent be OK? Or should I look for somthing different? It's not beeb dispatched yet.

Il definitely look at a better lamp I've spent abit of money so far so it will have to wait a month..
I've near used a grow shop I try find my local one :)

Screenshot_20240201_144102_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240201_144143_eBay.jpg

"Straight out the bag" is a little to loose statement in my book. If it's a branded bag like Canna Coco Professional that come already rinsed and pre buffered then yes, but it changes when you use coir bricks that hasn't been cleaned, washed and buffered. Untreated Coco coir is naturally to high in sodium, potassium and other chloride salts.

I'm not using the brick I'm using Pro+ the good stuff... I'm abit lose with the rest of the conversation as I haven't learnd that far a head yet this is something I'm doing home work on now thanks for your advice my friend

OK could you advise what Mycorrhizal powder i need to get and how do i use it?

I've just got a tent that was £50 60x60 il send a pic 📸 will that tent be OK? Or should I look for somthing different? It's not beeb dispatched yet.

Il definitely look at a better lamp I've spent abit of money so far so it will have to wait a month..
I've near used a grow shop I try find my local one :)

Screenshot_20240201_144102_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240201_144143_eBay.jpg
For practicality, you'll need to consider:
Will it fit where you want to put it
Is it tall enough to fit pot/plant + space to adjust the lamp above [140cm might be a bit short]
Are the vent holes etc conveniently placed
Does the door zip open the right way

If this is going to be a stand-alone tent, ie not in your closet, suggest you look at 80cm x 80cm x 160cm
I reckon you'll find a better tent for the same money if you keep looking

For practicality, you'll need to consider:
Will it fit where you want to put it
Is it tall enough to fit pot/plant + space to adjust the lamp above [140cm might be a bit short]
Are the vent holes etc conveniently placed
Does the door zip open the right way

If this is going to be a stand-alone tent, ie not in your closet, suggest you look at 80cm x 80cm x 160cm
I reckon you'll find a better tent for the same money if you keep looking
My wardrobe is 80×70x200 I've had and ider to make it close off like a test is this a worth idea before I get a tent I honestly don't have the space I have a studio flat and I don't want to make it obvious what I'm doing 🙃 maybe down line when I'm more confident and confident il swap the sofa out for the text. But here what I was think in the pic it explains and then the door can close would that work like a tent? Would the extraction fan pull the air in? Then I can put theys cover caps on I've fount to make it looks decent? What's your faults? Thanks mate

20240201_174447.jpg

Screenshot_20240201_174611_Amazon Shopping.jpg

cabinet is looking a bit short. you may also need to look at photo plants if you are trying to train them to keep them inside that cabinet. autos will do what they want and are harder to train. you can trigger photos to flower to gain more control.

My wardrobe is 80×70x200 I've had and ider to make it close off like a test is this a worth idea before I get a tent I honestly don't have the space I have a studio flat and I don't want to make it obvious what I'm doing 🙃 maybe down line when I'm more confident and confident il swap the sofa out for the text. But here what I was think in the pic it explains and then the door can close would that work like a tent? Would the extraction fan pull the air in? Then I can put theys cover caps on I've fount to make it looks decent? What's your faults? Thanks mate

20240201_174447.jpg

Screenshot_20240201_174611_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Yes, a 4-6" top vent like that will solve half the problem, pulling warm air out of the top
For the bottom vent, don't cut a corner off the door, it will look stupid - fit a proper looking vent, like 2' wide 4" high
1706817143279.png

OK thanks Roy I'm gonna buy a jigsaw tomorrow and cut that out. see how It gets on... I like that air vent so much better where did you see that I'm struggling to find one for sale online. Better suggestion then mine lol circle one on top it be fine though as exit pip on filter will go though that one. Least il be able to control the smell abit better fingers crossed 🤞

Back
Top Bottom