Hi! I want weaker weed

theairind

Why are you all leaving out a huge percentage of the potential marijuana market?

All the weed that's grown these days is super potent. Not all of us are day-long, week-long, life-long pot smokers.

I, for example, would appreciate the ability to take the occasional mellow, relaxing, hot air balloon ride... but all you can buy these days are spaceship rides to Jupiter.

There are millions of us out here who would love to occasionally partake, but we're left out of the equation! If I have a mild headache, I just need a tylenol.... not a morphine drip. Why can't weed be the same way? I long for the days of dirty, dry Mexican brick weed... even with the hassle of separating the sticks and seeds out. At least I could smoke a little bit and do productive stuff. If I take a hit of even the weakest weed offered from the dispensaries today I'll spend the next hour in front of a muted television set questioning the pronunciation of words.

Help a brother out here! Let's get a Sativa strain down to the 5% range or so.

There are CBD strains out there that have very little THC, at least in my area.

Couple examples off one of the local dispensaries menu:

APC (CBD):| 11.84% CBD | 8.34% THC | Afghani x Pakistani x Citral | Renegade Roots
AC/DC (high CBD): 17.8% CBD | 0.8% THC | Reina Marde x NYC Diesel | High Mountain Organics

Granted there is less options as more strains that are opposite and high THC and low CBD, as less demand (they sell way less) currently on the high CBD strains.

You know - this is a problem I would like to solve as well. I grow some sativas. I like the Thai and Malawi but usually it's not fun to smoke any more than small amounts. I keep gravitating to my weakest weed. I'll ask around and see if anyone knows anything. Maybe Ace or one of the other seedbanks with landraces have something to fit the bill.

You know - this is a problem I would like to solve as well. I grow some sativas. I like the Thai and Malawi but usually it's not fun to smoke any more than small amounts. I keep gravitating to my weakest weed. I'll ask around and see if anyone knows anything. Maybe Ace or one of the other seedbanks with landraces have something to fit the bill.

Think Crop King has 3 seed strains that all under 10% THC and CBD under 10% on their menu, granted THC listed is an approximation. Growing your own you could probably harvest it earlier and get the THC level lower, as pretty sure it increases if you push it to really ripe (I think curing and drying time has some affect on it too though). That or force them to Hermie or pollinate them will also reduce THC levels, and you can reminisce the days of pulling 8 million seeds out of the bag before you could smoke it ;) :rofl:

Thanks Urbanmonk.
Hmmm... Yeah I haven't played with the cbd strains yet. Have a cbd Therapy plant just started.
Early harvest- I suppose if you're going to chop a plant halfway through flowering then yes. I'd much rather take it to the end and let it ripen for quality.
Hermies and seeds don't reduce potency so much as take up a large volume of bud space. The unseeded parts are pretty much just as strong in my experience.
I don't think any of these options are what I'm looking for- I can't speak for the OP
Myself I'd be happy to find what I have in the strains I have going- but a bit weaker. For example- my favorite weed overall is Thai, but it's rare to find strong weed in Thailand, (or anywhere else in Asia that I've been for that matter). Most of it is very nice smoke- but quite weak. Yes it was full of seeds. I miss that stuff. Maybe will have to fly back there and get some of those seeds...

There's all kinds of low thc strains as urbanmonk said look for cbd strains.i use them for my back problems and works wonders.my mom is old times smoker and can't handle today shit either but she can smoke the cbd stuff. crop kings carries a few,royal queen as well.ive currently have a crop king cbd strain currently growing only few weeks away from done.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok I posted the question here. Landrace Genetics 101 Some very knowledgable growers there and something will come up for sure. If you have any interest in landraces and strain history then check out the beginning of that thread. A great read.

Thanks for the replies!

I know you can't overdose on marijuana, but it sure seems like growers these days are trying their hardest to challenge that assumption..

The problem is that the growers and breeders are all, inherently, heavy pot smokers... so they're all trying to make the stuff as strong as possible all the time. It would be nice if the process were done with a little more inclusion in mind, and the heavy pot smoking growers would use their expanded consciousness to include those of us who are just occasional consumers. Myself and many others see marijuana as a useful tool more than a way of life.

Thanks Urbanmonk.

Hermies and seeds don't reduce potency so much as take up a large volume of bud space. The unseeded parts are pretty much just as strong in my experience.
For example- my favorite weed overall is Thai, but it's rare to find strong weed in Thailand, (or anywhere else in Asia that I've been for that matter). Most of it is very nice smoke- but quite weak. Yes it was full of seeds. I miss that stuff. Maybe will have to fly back there and get some of those seeds...

I thought the whole idea of Sinsemilla was potency as once pollinated the plant puts more of it's energy into the making of seeds, so why it smells more and more as it goes as the plant is trying to attract bugs/animals in hope that they bring pollen on them. Back in the day when we were desperate we would smoke the leaf (home grown as it was called, back before it became a science basically), but it is a lot harsher and I would think the Males would be the same but both way low on the THC scale I think (again just my thoughts and no science to back it up).

The Thai we used to get in the old days would knock you into last week, but that may have been due to being tied to a stick and dipped into stuff from a Poppy ;) :rofl:

Hi all
Come to the UK and buy some weed of any dealer on the street, I think that the cows munch stronger grass in the fields :)
You have a problem getting to stoned and we have a problem trying to get stoned at all.

Why are you all leaving out a huge percentage of the potential marijuana market?

All the weed that's grown these days is super potent. Not all of us are day-long, week-long, life-long pot smokers.

I, for example, would appreciate the ability to take the occasional mellow, relaxing, hot air balloon ride... but all you can buy these days are spaceship rides to Jupiter.

There are millions of us out here who would love to occasionally partake, but we're left out of the equation! If I have a mild headache, I just need a tylenol.... not a morphine drip. Why can't weed be the same way? I long for the days of dirty, dry Mexican brick weed... even with the hassle of separating the sticks and seeds out. At least I could smoke a little bit and do productive stuff. If I take a hit of even the weakest weed offered from the dispensaries today I'll spend the next hour in front of a muted television set questioning the pronunciation of words.

Help a brother out here! Let's get a Sativa strain down to the 5% range or so.
There is a strain called Nordle. Tweed and Bedrocan use it as a staple in their medical marijuana menu. THC is usually 5-10 and CBD usually the same if not a bit higher. Tastes very Piney, not very good in most reviews and also my opinion. Not very pungent. Good for daytime use. No red eyes. No cotton mouth. Lately I've been vaping about 1/2 gram a day so i could switch to cannabis from antidepressants. Kills my depression, slays my migraines, gets my heart beating and pushes me to get shit done. I have more patience and less anxiety. Definitely helped with the withdrawal symptoms of coming off my meds..that said, you'll have to smoke or vape quite a bit to get the least bit intoxicated. But hey, if your contemplating smoking Mexican weed than maybe this is for you.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I thought the whole idea of Sinsemilla was potency as once pollinated the plant puts more of it's energy into the making of seeds, so why it smells more and more as it goes as the plant is trying to attract bugs/animals in hope that they bring pollen on them. Back in the day when we were desperate we would smoke the leaf (home grown as it was called, back before it became a science basically), but it is a lot harsher and I would think the Males would be the same but both way low on the THC scale I think (again just my thoughts and no science to back it up).

The Thai we used to get in the old days would knock you into last week, but that may have been due to being tied to a stick and dipped into stuff from a Poppy ;) :rofl:

UM I don't have any real science to back up what I'm saying either. But from what I've experienced, and from what I read of other people's experiences- seeds don't reduce potency. They reduce yield of smokable bud, but large amounts of every bud remain unpollinated and just as potent as if their neighbouring calyxes hadn't been knocked up. I haven't noticed a drop in potency in my bud when it's been seeded, and some of the most amazing bud I've smoked was full of seeds.
Not scientific I know...
Also- I really don't think Thai stick was dipped in anything related to poppies- I think it was just a good trippy Thai sativa that shone amid the low grade stuff that was all there was available back then ( and apparently still is in the UK, according to Weedmachine. ;) ). But- that's much harder to prove than the seed/potency issue so -I'm just talking.
I did smoke lots of Thai back when it was still being imported to BC -before the American and, later on, BC markets started up and ended the imported sativas.
I also lived in Thailand for several years and smoked a lot of weed, and may or may not have smoked some other substances there- but never could see any connection whatsoever between the two, or any practical way for the two substances to be mixed together in mutually smokable form.
Most weed in Thailand is/was quite weak as I've said. But once in a blue moon we'd get some that was incredible.

Can't you just pull the plants earlier as for what I know is clear trichomes is I shorty light rushy but mellow high cloudy trichomes is a mid range high and Amber is when it's at its strongest or a heavy high.
I pull mine when it's at cloudy and as soon as I notice some Amber. I like midrange high. Most dealers will be growing to weight which means leaving it as long as possible resulting in all Amber trichomes which results in a heavy high. Different strains have different thc percentage but I still find chopping earlier will give you the high you are after.

Hope this can help

Also- I really don't think Thai stick was dipped in anything related to poppies- I think it was just a good trippy Thai sativa that shone amid the low grade stuff that was all there was available back then ( and apparently still is in the UK, according to Weedmachine. ;) ). But- that's much harder to prove than the seed/potency issue so -I'm just talking.
I did smoke lots of Thai back when it was still being imported to BC -before the American and, later on, BC markets started up and ended the imported sativas.
I also lived in Thailand for several years and smoked a lot of weed, and may or may not have smoked some other substances there- but never could see any connection whatsoever between the two, or any practical way for the two substances to be mixed together in mutually smokable form.
Most weed in Thailand is/was quite weak as I've said. But once in a blue moon we'd get some that was incredible.

Yeah I could be wrong, just basing it on the color (was almost black) and how oily it was (hard to light first try), the one time some "real thai stick" or closest we had ever seen came into the area. That and also based on a guy I worked with at that time in the late 70's that was stationed over there during Nam as a Signal Code Breaker (whatever the heck he called it, had a different term). According to him a most of it was laced when he was stationed there in the early 70s, and he had to be careful with it as it would do a number on you.

With more folks using it for Medical reasons there will be a demand for high CBD low THC stuff I would imagine, that and seems to be "new" strains of that kind of thing popping up lately. But I imagine it is a supply and demand kind of thing, and having the highest THC % in town probably helps sales for a Dispensary, as if I'm paying $12-15 a g it better only take one or two hits to knock my socks off ;).

Again no science but IMHO THC isn't the only factor in the "high" as Trichs and all the other chemicals and chemical reactions during drying/curing factor into it, as most of the time you can tell by smell and sight yet other times it looks like it should be really killer, and is kinda "meh" or a big let down once you smoke it. Same as I have no experience with the high CBD or 1:1 type stuff that lower in THC as to effect or if it works for pain better (will try it someday, as taking edge off of my pain more what I'm looking for as I"m my Wife's 24/7 caregiver and need to not be a "Space Cowboy", so I lean more towards Sativas except at bedtime).

Try a pure landrace sativa like kwazulu it's an energetic high and will not make u feel cloudy and sleepy but it's also a apatite suppressant and won't give u the munchies and couch lock

Sent from my SM-G935V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah I could be wrong, just basing it on the color (was almost black) and how oily it was (hard to light first try), the one time some "real thai stick" or closest we had ever seen came into the area. That and also based on a guy I worked with at that time in the late 70's that was stationed over there during Nam as a Signal Code Breaker (whatever the heck he called it, had a different term). According to him a most of it was laced when he was stationed there in the early 70s, and he had to be careful with it as it would do a number on you.

With more folks using it for Medical reasons there will be a demand for high CBD low THC stuff I would imagine, that and seems to be "new" strains of that kind of thing popping up lately. But I imagine it is a supply and demand kind of thing, and having the highest THC % in town probably helps sales for a Dispensary, as if I'm paying $12-15 a g it better only take one or two hits to knock my socks off ;).

Again no science but IMHO THC isn't the only factor in the "high" as Trichs and all the other chemicals and chemical reactions during drying/curing factor into it, as most of the time you can tell by smell and sight yet other times it looks like it should be really killer, and is kinda "meh" or a big let down once you smoke it. Same as I have no experience with the high CBD or 1:1 type stuff that lower in THC as to effect or if it works for pain better (will try it someday, as taking edge off of my pain more what I'm looking for as I"m my Wife's 24/7 caregiver and need to not be a "Space Cowboy", so I lean more towards Sativas except at bedtime).
You might be correct. While it is true that Thai stick was/is green to greenish brown in color and tied to a bamboo stick with a thread like substance... there was also a variant that was prepared exactly the same, except for one thing. The already tied sticks were dipped into an opioid type substance that made it black in color, sticky and oily. That may be what you are thinking of and if it is you got the better of the two. Of course, that has always been debatable.

do not mess with a dragon,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I meant to put this on my previous post... That variant was called Buddha stick. Sorry about that.

do not mess with a dragon,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Can't expect Stoners to get the names right back then, kinda like in the Cheech and Chong movie "tied stick, you know that stuff tied to a stick" ;) :rofl: ....really small hits made you cough and cough and the buzz was way different, but it was just a guess whether it was laced or not. Kinda like the Lebanese Blonde Hash back in the day, may or may not have come out of Lebanon ;)

Back
Top Bottom