Hi, just flew in

buzzard1

420 Member
Hi, just flew in to check out the situation in cannabis dispensaries.
I hope to learn how to buy the best stuff in stores. I'm not a grower
and have no skills in that regard, but i've been smoking for decades.
I know good smoke when I get it, and dispensaries have let me down. :cough:
Looks like 420mag is gonna be a good one. Thanks.
:passitleft:

Welcome, relax and grab a seat, if you just flew in, your arms must be tired! (LOL) The general concensus is you can grow better weed on your own than you can normally get in a dispensary. What state are you in?
If you want to get into growing there are many good people on this site with a lot of knowledge, willing to help!

Welcome, relax and grab a seat, if you just flew in, your arms must be tired! (LOL) The general concensus is you can grow better weed on your own than you can normally get in a dispensary. What state are you in?
If you want to get into growing there are many of good people on this site with a lot of knowledge, willing to help!
Not tired. I don't use my arms to fly, that's what wings is for. 🕊️

I know ppl can grow better smoke than what is in any dispo, i've seen their pix. I'm afraid to grow. It's legal in my state, to buy from a store, to grow rec, or to grow med. I am not registered to grow rec or med. So until i am it's not legal for me. I wouldn't grow even if i had a card allowing me to. I live in such a busy area that the first person who walked by smelling the flowers blooming, he'd kick in my door, kill me, and smoke up my buds. That plus I was arrested 30 years ago, and stopped smoking cold turkey for 25 years until it was legal about 5 yrs ago. So, i go to the store. I do not grow. No sense in arguing with me, i don't grow, cuz i don't want to die or go to jail...again. That should be understandable for anybody. I give all credit to growers, and would like to, but like i say, i'm a coward and a dummy, not brave, and smart like growers are. I'm a member of various grow forums, and was hoping to find some kind of a board with info on store cannabis, but as you say it's hopeless unless i grow my own.

On the other hand, I have learned a lot about growing from growers in forums. That and well, i've grown all kindsa veggies, and food for us. I can install timed irrigation from sprinkler to drip, no problemo. I don't know a lot, but i've got some practical experience (why do i have to feel like i am applying for a job, here?). As you can see, i pretty much speak my mind. Lots of ppl do not like that. What's the old saying, "u catch more flies with honey than u do with vinegar", or is it, "discretion is the better part of valor"? I'm not sure, which is which, but both apply to me inasmuch as I do not practice those traits.

And furthermore, I can attach a photo of a plant i started 30 some days ago as a test of some seed i got 7 years ago. It's about 12" tall now, sativa, and i will throw it in the garbage probly in a week or two. It's not good smoke anyway. I got it from my neighbor 7 years ago. Some nugs and a jar of isopropyl/nug ointment. Nugs as smoke weren't much. So even if I had the guts to grow that plant to 8 feet high, and spend 6 months getting it to mature, I wouldn't because I really wouldn't appreciate ppl climbing my fence to pluck it out. I mean i dunno, who needs the aggravation visa vis the temptation of those who'd do anything for another free high.

So, nobody has any data on store bought, corporatized, harsh tasting, low-grade high dispo cannabis, eh? That's a damn shame. I can't find any boards that discuss that issue. When I bring it up with bud tenders, they all just try to sell (and i consider it an honest effort) me one product or another. Curing, bud trimming, packaging, all along with growing affect the quality of the smoke. I'd pay double for smoke like i see grown in boards like this one, rather than the nugs i get from dispo.

Anyhow, i got a pic of my plant to show everybody, so they can't say i'm not a grower, even tho i'm not.
IMG_3059.JPG

Since it's only a seed sprout test, it's only getting light from a window sill and a table lamp. Smells nice and faintly cannabissy right now. It'll take 6 mos to mature, as it's daddy did in my neighbor's back yard 7 years ago. Too bad, but not really, cuz it's not that good of smoke, like i said above.

Anyhow, this is one hella reply eh? See if this don't ban me, nothing will. LMAO

Welcome although 420 does not sale weed you can learn a lot about growing it here.
I am not, I repeat NOT looking to buy weed in this board. That would be illegal. I'm also NOT looking to learn how to grow. Are there any forums for people who are afraid to grow, or too stupid to grow, or too lazy to grow? A board where somebody can visit and find out how to buy the best smoke that dispos have to offer? NO, i guess. That's just a darn shame. I realize dispo week sux in comparison to home growed, that's not even open to discussion, but it's legal to buy in stores in almost 30 states, one would assume that some of these states have farmers who are as passionate about what they produce as most home growers? I fully realize the corporatization of the industry, combined with the legality of state regulations tamps down quality and encourages quanity of cannabis production and sale, but there's still billions of dollars of sales in cannabis at the stores nation wide. So somebody's buying store cannabis. Where are they?
There's got to be somebody who's growing good stuff, even if by accident, and delivering it to a store somewhere. I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of smoke in past 7 years, mostly from ONE store, and my satisfaction is at about a D+ or C-. I have not found store cannabis to be very good!

Dispensaries will vary widely on what State you live in or are participating in. Same as all the rules are different on how they enforce it then it varies widely. Can be hit or miss as varies by dispensary and whether a Strain is the latest greatest most bestus not any different flowers ever smoked ;) :rofl:

Oregon in example is cheap due to them messing up and giving anyone a license that couple years ago, they grew by 4x what was sold the prior year for Rec Cannabis. So if you not picky can get decent flower for 40 a zip, and less if you buy more usually. :passitleft::smokin:

Oregon in example is cheap due to them messing up and giving anyone a license that couple years ago,
I have heard that about OR, also that it might have dispos with better quality product. So all i need is an airline ticket and i can fly there, pick some up, and transport it via interstate back home, thus becoming a sched. one drug smuggler. I wish they would legalize marijuana, that'd be nice, eh?

I have heard that about OR, also that it might have dispos with better quality product. So all i need is an airline ticket and i can fly there, pick some up, and transport it via interstate back home, thus becoming a sched. one drug smuggler. I wish they would legalize marijuana, that'd be nice, eh?
So true you can buy it in OR but you cannot bring it home.

Some of the Sponsors sell weed and deliver to states that are illegal. Idk how they can get away with that but they are.
Idk either. Interstate transport of a sched. one narcotic is a felony in every state, and in the USA.
You'll do , federal hard time if they send you a nug in the mail. No state, legal or otherwise, can engage in interstate transport, even bordering legal states. :sigh: And if "they are" "getting away with that" now, they won't for very long.

Idk either. Interstate transport of a sched. one narcotic is a felony in every state, and in the USA.
You'll do , federal hard time if they send you a nug in the mail. No state, legal or otherwise, can engage in interstate transport, even bordering legal states. :sigh: And if "they are" "getting away with that" now, they won't for very long.
Well, then you're kinda stuck with whatever is available in your state. Since we don't know what state you're in, it's kinda hard to help you. You could see if there are any cannabis "Collectives" in your area, they might have better quality, or google dispensaries in your state and see who has the best ratings.

Dispensaries will vary widely on what State you live in or are participating in. Same as all the rules are different on how they enforce it then it varies widely. Can be hit or miss as varies by dispensary and whether a Strain is the latest greatest most bestus not any different flowers ever smoked ;) :rofl:

Oregon in example is cheap due to them messing up and giving anyone a license that couple years ago, they grew by 4x what was sold the prior year for Rec Cannabis. So if you not picky can get decent flower for 40 a zip, and less if you buy more usually. :passitleft::smokin:
Michigan is also pretty cheap. CL🍀

I am not, I repeat NOT looking to buy weed in this board. That would be illegal. I'm also NOT looking to learn how to grow. Are there any forums for people who are afraid to grow, or too stupid to grow, or too lazy to grow? A board where somebody can visit and find out how to buy the best smoke that dispos have to offer? NO, i guess. That's just a darn shame. I realize dispo week sux in comparison to home growed, that's not even open to discussion, but it's legal to buy in stores in almost 30 states, one would assume that some of these states have farmers who are as passionate about what they produce as most home growers? I fully realize the corporatization of the industry, combined with the legality of state regulations tamps down quality and encourages quanity of cannabis production and sale, but there's still billions of dollars of sales in cannabis at the stores nation wide. So somebody's buying store cannabis. Where are they?
There's got to be somebody who's growing good stuff, even if by accident, and delivering it to a store somewhere. I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of smoke in past 7 years, mostly from ONE store, and my satisfaction is at about a D+ or C-. I have not found store cannabis to be very good!
Have you studied the effects of different Terpenes ? I'm sure you've ran across a few strains in the past you really liked.
Look up the info on those strains & see what Terpenes they have in them. Different strains have different Terpenes.
Terpenes are what determines the type of high you get. If you find other strains with the Terpenes you like, you will most likely enjoy your weed. THC content is much less important. Find something with 15% THC & the Terpenes you like & you will like the high. Find something with 25% THC & the wrong Terpenes for you & you will not enjoy it.
I'm not saying THC content is irrelevant because it is. Find a strain with the Terpenes you like & a high THC content & you'll find your Holy Grail.
Look for stuff that has lots of sparkly trichomes when you can get a good look at it. Most dispensaries sell the pre-pack crap so it's hard to inspect it. Luckily for me, I live near a dispensary that does not sell pre-pack. All in big gallon jars for you to view & smell before you buy it. Then it gets weighed up in front of you. It's a little more expensive, but at least you know what you're getting. If by some chance you're in the Phx. area I can point you to this place to check out for yourself.
Hope some of this info helps.

Back
Top Bottom