Hi new grower here - buds on wheels, carts, trolleys - outdoor grow

Hey what's up 420 Magazine DB users, stickynugz aka nugster here. New grower and hoping to be able to produce quality bud or else I will have to change my monkiers! Light has been an issue outdoors with me constantly having to move my fabric Smart Pot around in the yard, and now I've upgraded to a 10 gallon pot after it outgrew it's 3 gallon pot, but I put it on a cart to move back and forth between the sunny parts of the yard. My question, anyone experience a situation like this before on here? Most of it is a pretty smooth ride for the plant and the roots are far from filling in the pot yet, but with expecting not it being done flowering until October, I am hoping it might take up at least 5/6 more gallons worth of space in root coverage, but anywho. Does moving it around in the cart fuck it up and stress it out too much for this to be feasible? There is a area with mad tree roots that it gets a little bumpy on, trying to cover those with stuff raked and dug from the yard.

Hey what's up 420 Magazine DB users, stickynugz aka nugster here. New grower and hoping to be able to produce quality bud or else I will have to change my monkiers! Light has been an issue outdoors with me constantly having to move my fabric Smart Pot around in the yard, and now I've upgraded to a 10 gallon pot after it outgrew it's 3 gallon pot, but I put it on a cart to move back and forth between the sunny parts of the yard. My question, anyone experience a situation like this before on here? Most of it is a pretty smooth ride for the plant and the roots are far from filling in the pot yet, but with expecting not it being done flowering until October, I am hoping it might take up at least 5/6 more gallons worth of space in root coverage, but anywho. Does moving it around in the cart fuck it up and stress it out too much for this to be feasible? There is a area with mad tree roots that it gets a little bumpy on, trying to cover those with stuff raked and dug from the yard.
Welcome to 420 @lowerclasslysergic , I for one move my fabric pots from all day sunshine to the dark confines of a building, a barn in my case. This way I can put a fan on them all night for obvious reasons, also, I try to never allow rain on my plants, the only liquid they get comes from me.
IMG_20220529_092936664.jpg
IMG_20220607_180524990.jpg
000_0013.JPG

Welcome to 420 magazine my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Love the little pygmy pony @garybo. I should have just used this 7-gallon pot with handles, but I read somewhere outdoor like 10-gallon pots. I wanted to roll her in the garage when she gets later into flowering (somehow she is already showing white pistols), but the doorway will probably be too small if she gets big like I am hoping. Ah, it should be interesting, but seeing how you are wheelin' around I think it might work out. Or maybe I will hit the lottery and take out that oak tree. Thanks for the welcome @Bill284 and @StoneOtter. I might post pics of my journey on here if it seems like it will produce any buds. Just some bag seed but it looks pretty good.

Welcome yo 420 Magazine @lowerclasslysergic

There are a lot of outside grower here this time of year.
How long have you been growing outside?

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests

Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

I have only ever done this in early veg. As long as the ride is relatively smooth the roots should be fine. The challenge is if they get too big and then full of top heavy flower. A cart with a really good netting system would help but there is still a definite risk. I gently slid a plant last night on a concrete floor to defoliate the back for harvest. That smooth gentile 6 inches was enough to snap a branch.

Thanks for the tips everyone. The ride was too rocky so while it was freshly transplanted in the 10 gallon bucket, i took a 7 gallon bucket i had and put her in a 2x4. The lighting situation sucks as it's only a VS1000 (updated 2022 version w/ samsung diodes) and I have 3 plants in there. I am guessing it will be better than wheeling back and forth, but man that sun kicks ass! First grow to get this far so wish me luck, we just legalized it for recreation in this state and can have 4 plants so now is the time!

Hi @lowerclasslysergic and welcome to the forum!

I'm trying to get my head around this :) ... you are moving your plants around the yard, during the day, to get the best sunlight? So, there's no one spot that gets a decent amount of sunlight for most of the day? Have you considered a small DIY greenhouse? That's what I'm using... one greenhouse for veg, the other for flowering. happy growing!

Love the little pygmy pony @garybo. I should have just used this 7-gallon pot with handles, but I read somewhere outdoor like 10-gallon pots. I wanted to roll her in the garage when she gets later into flowering (somehow she is already showing white pistols), but the doorway will probably be too small if she gets big like I am hoping. Ah, it should be interesting, but seeing how you are wheelin' around I think it might work out. Or maybe I will hit the lottery and take out that oak tree. Thanks for the welcome @Bill284 and @StoneOtter. I might post pics of my journey on here if it seems like it will produce any buds. Just some bag seed but it looks pretty good.
Thanks for the comment on the pony, actually he is a miniature horse. We took him in as a rescue animal after he was attacked by 3 dogs.

Your concern about moving your lady due to being too large is similar to mine, though mine was the weight of moving my ladies which at the time were in 10 gal pots. Last fall upon examining the size of the root mass after a harvest, I noticed the root ball was smaller than the overall interior mass of the 10 gal pot. It could have fit into a 5 gal pot I thought.

This year I switched to 5 gal pots and purposely have kept the plants short but broad by topping them, which supposedly produces more colas, and it does I'm finding out.

Bottom line for me is I may get the same amount of yield per lady and they are easier to move around.

Good luck with your venture, though I would hate to see a lovely oak tree be taken out.

Your concern about moving your lady due to being too large is similar to mine, though mine was the weight of moving my ladies which at the time were in 10 gal pots. Last fall upon examining the size of the root mass after a harvest, I noticed the root ball was smaller than the overall interior mass of the 10 gal pot. It could have fit into a 5 gal pot I thought.
Thanks for the info, Gary. Today I am moving two Blue Dream plants in 15 gal smart pots that are over 7 ft. tall! I'll have to shuffle plants in the veg house just to get them out, and then into a wheelbarrow, and up to the flower house... fortunately not far. Not gonna do it next time... next time they will be clones and I'll top them early.

Thanks for the info, Gary. Today I am moving two Blue Dream plants in 15 gal smart pots that are over 7 ft. tall! I'll have to shuffle plants in the veg house just to get them out, and then into a wheelbarrow, and up to the flower house... fortunately not far. Not gonna do it next time... next time they will be clones and I'll top them early.
With all due respect cdbhemp, I'm glad its your back doing the work and not mine.
Take care my friend.

Back
Top Bottom